Final addition to the army

Gitzdee

Hi all.
I dont know where to go with my army from here on. I need to spend another 235 points to get to 2000. Could drop the Chainghasts to make some room if needed.  Only thing i dont really like are Chainrasps as i already own a lot of greenskins for my horde needs. Any ideas of where i could go with this? Thanks!

This is everything i own at the moment. 

https://pileofpotential.com/Iksdee?project=56870136

Lady O
Reikenor
Spirit Torment
Lord Executioner
Spirit Hosts (3 units)
Bladegheist Revenants
Chainghasts
Black Coach
1765 points if i'm correct, getting the new tome this week.

Okay yeah, you got a lot of heroes and support, but you're sorely lacking in bodies. A blob of 20 Chainrasps would be the easiest fit. If you want to avoid them, you could drop the Chainghasts and get a blob of 20 Grimghasts instead. That would hold down the middle nicely, plus they would shred hordes. It's still the same amount of models as the Chainrasps though.

If you really don't want to paint any infantry, a hero deathstar is the alternative. You have basically all the pieces for it already, I would just slap Kurdoss in there to round it out. I'm not sure how well that archetype works, but you could give it a try.

Edited by Vastus
  • Like 3

Could it be worth it to replace the Chainghasts with another unit of Bladegheist Revenants + a hero like Krulghast/ Knight on steed or Scriptor Mortis and run Scarlet Doom? This also could give me the option to run the Spirit Hosts in a unit of 9 (or 6 and 3)  for bodyguard goodness? 

Kurdoss is a good option, thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

A new start collecting (or whatever they're called now) box is coming out with a bunch of chainrasps, some grimghasts, some spirit hosts, and a knight of shrouds on foot.  You don't need the hosts (you have plenty) or KoS (infantry version bad), but depending on the box discount it may still be worth picking up for the battleline infantry ghosts.

Alternatively, paint your army red and buy a bunch more bladegheists, since Crimson Doom bladegheist spam looks to be very tasty in the coming matched play season.