Yet another beastclaw thread!

Dave

Hello , thought I'd start plog showing my army as well . I've loved the ogre models for ages and have decided to take the plunge with beastclaw . I want to make an army with the braggoth beasthammer battalion , I realise it is probably not very good in game but I think it looks cool (plus I've got a built in excuse for losing!)

So far I've finished painting my frost Lord and have started on the mournfang

image.jpeg

So what I'm thinking as a list is

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Units
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)
Mournfang Pack x 2 (200)
Mournfang Pack x 2 (200)
Mournfang Pack x 2 (200)

Batallions
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (160)

Total: 1920/2000

There's not a great number of models there which might be bad in game but at least I've got a decent chance of finishing an army soon.

Hey @Dave,

That's an awesome looking Frostlord you've got there, great work.

Cool list. I had been looking forward to seeing someone use that Battalion. I don't think it's particularly strong, however it is particularly cool! Do you have any conversions planned to tie the Orruks and Ogors together, or will it be done via colour scheme?

Also, change your topic title to make it more enticing! ;) mention the Beast Hammer in it - people want to see that!

Love this battalion. I am doing the same thing. Got my start collecting iron jaws box in the mail yesterday and can't wait to field gore grunts with my ogres. One question though, does this still allow the player to benefit from the beastclaw abilities or do you fall into the destruction general abilities? 

You have some points left. You could add some sabres just to sneak around the board and capture objectives. 

10 hours ago, MightyQwan said:

Love this battalion. I am doing the same thing. Got my start collecting iron jaws box in the mail yesterday and can't wait to field gore grunts with my ogres. One question though, does this still allow the player to benefit from the beastclaw abilities or do you fall into the destruction general abilities? 

I'm not 100% on the gruntas status . As i understand it they count as Beastclaw for the purposes of remaining a pure beastclaw army but but dont get any benefits of being a beastclaw ingame (I hope that makes sense!). But I think I'd want to take the general destruction ability for the movement anyway.

9 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

I love it, whether it's strong in game or not, the image of thundering hooves as they cross the plains is fantastic. Maybe do the same fur on the gruntas with black/grey spine fur?

Yeah that sounds better , a hint of the white/wintery feel but not exactly the same .

I've finished my first 2 mournfang (all bar tidying up the bases)

image.jpegI've got 2 more almost finished and 2 more to build . I've also got the first 3 gore gruntas built and ready to go , so I'm tempted to start them next . After that I just need to get the thundertusk and 3 more gruntas (anyone looking to get rid of some out of the SC box let me know!) .

On 16 September 2016 at 8:33 PM, MightyQwan said:

You have some points left. You could add some sabres just to sneak around the board and capture objectives. 

I was thinking about this and I'm tempted to get a couple of wolves as the frost lord's hunting dogs (mainly as I don't like the sabre models)

• 2 weeks later...

Brief update , finally got the first 3 gruntas done . For some reason they took me ages compared to the rest but hopeful the next unit won't take as long now I know how I want to do them

image.jpeg

Just need to finish off the bases on these . So here is the army so far , all I've got left to do is the other unit of gruntas and a thundertusk . I'm torn whether to do the rider as a huskard (for the heal) or as another frost Lord to be bang on 2000 points and have someone else good for fighting . I'll have to have a few games until I fully commit to how I model it .

image.jpeg

Archived