Anyone know the top armies at Adepticon for AoS?

32 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's really good!! All combined dwarven armies are less than half of SCE

To be fair, it's just 2 Dwarven armies and the race hasn't reached its full potential in AOS yet. The Dispossessed need to reintegrated. 

Cheers on the new profile pic btw! Looks really cool! 😍

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's really good!! All combined dwarven armies are less than half of SCE

Ah your better of not asking the skaven.

they just barely made it over a quarter of the supposedly played stormcast forces 

at least they are the most represented chaos faction, if we ignore the fact that maggotkin exists😉😜

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Always strange to see so few Legion of the First Prince, considering they have a stunning center piece and are said to be really good.

I think a few people are a bit cautious to get into Legion of the First Prince, unless they already play the Daemon armies and S2D. While it's not a "fake" army, it's not had its own battletome yet and that might make people cautious of such a high buy in that could end up down the drain should GW feel like it.

Of course, every army can get Squatted (or Chorf'd), but it's more likely if they've not had an official battletome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

So Orruk Warclans were the most played army? Who would have guessed? 

And all 4 Aelven armies combined slightly outnumber Stormcast Eternals by 1 player.

Always strange to see so few Legion of the First Prince, considering they have a stunning center piece and are said to be really good.

from what i heard they are one of the most popular armies in AoS even before the 3.0 boxset

apparently there is an absurd amount of Ironjawz players out there

1 hour ago, novakai said:

from what i heard they are one of the most popular armies in AoS even before the 3.0 boxset

apparently there is an absurd amount of Ironjawz players out there

At least locally, there were a lot of dormant Ironjawz players in 2nd edition. People liked the models but felt restricted in using them because of a low amount of unit options. Kind of like that joke from 40k where everyone is a Space Marine player, even if it isn't there main faction.

2 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

All part of most-great plan-scheme, yes-yes...

It is funny, because the Skaven battletome has the tools to hit top tier but not the time. 150+ model armies can't realistically finish battles within the time limits of a tournament.

Actually the price went so much up, that skaven players can’t really reach that amount of models anymore,

without loosing much on the offensive side.

basically you play a 150 models and have a damage potential of 1-10 wounds per round.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maogrim said:

To be fair, it's just 2 Dwarven armies and the race hasn't reached its full potential in AOS yet. The Dispossessed need to reintegrated. 

Cheers on the new profile pic btw! Looks really cool! 😍

The Dispossessed need to reintegrate all the other Duardin under the banner of Grungni....didn't he show up at the end of Broken Realms?  Or I guess that could have been some other white dwarf.  Either way, with the relaunch of Squats in 40k, it would highly appropriate and symmetrical to reflect new short-folk in the Mortal Realms.  

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Actually the price went so much up, that skaven players can’t really reach that amount of models anymore,

without loosing much on the offensive side.

basically you play a 150 models and have a damage potential of 1-10 wounds per round.

30 clanrats with spears are putting out 10 wounds before saves without any buffs, against an average 4+ that's 5 damage. Which isn't much, but 240 points for 40 clanrats isn't much either. A warlord's command ability doubles that, the army has the easiest access to priests in the game for curse, and warp-lightning vortex is a MW machine. Those clanrats can also bunker for warpfire throwers which will happily wipe 1w or 2w units off the board with ease. All of those are cheap enough to fit into a list on top of 40x4 clanrats, leaving plenty of room for a varminlord or bell.

And during all of that the Skaven player doesn't even need to come out on top, just stall long enough to rack up VP from the objectives they definitely have control on. But it's a matter of practicality, even if the time limits weren't a thing people don't want to assemble, paint, transport, and physically play with that many models.

Edited by NinthMusketeer

10 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

The Dispossessed need to reintegrate all the other Duardin under the banner of Grungni....didn't he show up at the end of Broken Realms?  Or I guess that could have been some other white dwarf.  Either way, with the relaunch of Squats in 40k, it would highly appropriate and symmetrical to reflect new short-folk in the Mortal Realms.  

I mean it more of a question mark if they every get broken out of CoS or if they are just forever part of them. All three armies have a home currently and I don’t see them needing to merge anything just for playability reason.

Grugni just show up to just make the new SCE armor but there alway weird allegiance ability like Legion of the first prince that can be release to do limited army mixing build.

7 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

30 clanrats with spears are putting out 10 wounds before saves without any buffs, against an average 4+ that's 5 damage. Which isn't much, but 240 points for 40 clanrats isn't much either. A warlord's command ability doubles that, the army has the easiest access to priests in the game for curse, and warp-lightning vortex is a MW machine. Those clanrats can also bunker for warpfire throwers which will happily wipe 1w or 2w units off the board with ease.

And during all of that the Skaven player doesn't even need to come out on top, just stall long enough to rack up VP from the objectives they definitely have control on. But it's a matter of practicality, even if the time limits weren't a thing people don't want to assemble, paint, transport, and physically play with that many models.

Believe me I own 500clanrats, most of them painted and playing them never really was a problem.

The problem I’m rather facing right now is basically that the top armies usually have enough power with a unit to deal 40-50 damage per round.

and currently I can’t see any reason of ever taking a unit of 40 clanrats anymore, especially when 20 come cheaper, to just die in a single round of combat.

if clanrats go down to a 110 points per 20, then yes I’m back in the horde game.

And it is true, that a skaven player could try and stall enough time.

but that isn’t really something an Ironjawz player cares about, he’ll just have you whipped out pretty much at the beginning.

Or a seraphon army, where basically the slann doesn’t even need to care what spell he was given, since he can anyway exchange it for something better against hordes.

as much as it is fun playing skaven, hordes just don’t really exist anymore.

Where we were once able to take 200 clanrats, for a good price of 1000points, we are currently paying almost the same price for about 140 clanrats.

that is a good chunk reduced.

now this wouldn’t be bad, if the rest of our army wouldn’t have gone up so many point.

But I do agree, skaven are an amazing army.

probably the most legit army in the entirety of aos, (and fantasy).

personally playing skaven competitive can be tricky but not impossible, yet I really wouldn’t say that spamming clanrats is a winning way for them.

against some armies it might (gloomspite gitz, kruelboyz, beastmen, erc)

against other it won’t do much good.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I mean it more of a question mark if they every get broken out of CoS or if they are just forever part of them. All three armies have a home currently and I don’t see them needing to merge anything just for playability reason.

Grugni just show up to just make the new SCE armor but there alway weird allegiance ability like Legion of the first prince that can be release to do limited army mixing build.

Ooh that would be a really cool idea!  At the very least I will have all my Duardin painted by next Adepticon, AND I'll have sooooo much practice with them that I'll dominate, and skew the meta so Dispossessed are HOT!

13 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

30 clanrats with spears are putting out 10 wounds before saves without any buffs, against an average 4+ that's 5 damage. Which isn't much, but 240 points for 40 clanrats isn't much either. A warlord's command ability doubles that, the army has the easiest access to priests in the game for curse, and warp-lightning vortex is a MW machine. Those clanrats can also bunker for warpfire throwers which will happily wipe 1w or 2w units off the board with ease. All of those are cheap enough to fit into a list on top of 40x4 clanrats, leaving plenty of room for a varminlord or bell.

Mah man, back at the day I, and usually the rest of skaven players, had to deploy at least 200+ miniatures at a 2000 points battle to be slightly competitive

Ah, the memories... I could spend two hours deploying 80 slaves, only to have them dead at turn 2...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Garrac said:

Mah man, back at the day I, and usually the rest of skaven players, had to deploy at least 200+ miniatures at a 2000 points battle to be slightly competitive

Ah, the memories... I could spend two hours deploying 80 slaves, only to have them dead at turn 2...

200+ miniarures? That's illegal!!

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

200+ miniarures? That's illegal!!

My last match on 8th (back in 2014 I believe) was 80 slaves, 80 clanrats, 20 stormvermins, 30 plague monks, and some support units more I don't remember. And I got pointed out that I needed more rats to win...

Nowadays it feels kinda weird for me to see Skyrre armies with just 9 stormfiends

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll ever see events requiring movement trays for deployment to save time for units of 10 or more models?  I played a Skaven player once in early 2.0, or maybe late 1.0, and it took him literally a half hour just to put all his ratmen on the table.  It was worth it to see what Doomwheels could do to me...and to themselves :D

On 4/7/2022 at 8:16 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

No.

Gather the Disposessed, Ironweld and Fyreslayers under a deity if you want, but leave Kharadron godless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

While Grungni would be god-tier, I don't think he is a god in the sense that Khorne is a god.  I mean, Teclis and Nagash are gods now right?  Sigmar is a god, but also a real boy.  

He was an ancestral dwarf God in the Old world along with Grimnir and Valya.

every Incarnate who got bounded to a realm are consider to be big Gods in AoS. All of them except GorkaMorka where once mortal being in the Old world. Sigmar, Grugni, and Grimnir where venerated enough to become gods by their race after they pass on. Nagash, Tyrion, Allareille, and Malerion became Gods during or after the Endtimes. Teclis somehow became a God in AoS but Morathi didn’t get it until Broken realm.

The chaos Gods and GorkaMorka where born Gods and are classify as elemental Gods according to Warcom.

• Thanks 1