How much does flamespyre Phoenix with anointed cost?

Uncas

Question

Hey all, quick question. A flamespyre Phoenix is listed as costing 280 points. The GH says that of it is ridden by an annointed, it counts as behemoth. My question is, in addition to counting it as a behemoth, do you also have to add the cost of an on-foot annointed(80 points) to the 280, if you choose to have it mounted? Or is making it a behemoth the only penalty for doing so? Having an annointed on back makes it significantly better but does not add wounds, so not a clear x+y=z situation. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

7 answers to this question

Hi Uncas,

In short, no, it doesn't cost any extra points to take the Annointed on the Flamespyre.

The way I understand points in the GH works is that you pay X number of points for a warscroll. This allows you to take any options listed on the warscroll, there is never any additional points cost for these options.

2 hours ago, ppetford said:

Hi Uncas,

In short, no, it doesn't cost any extra points to take the Annointed on the Flamespyre.

The way I understand points in the GH works is that you pay X number of points for a warscroll. This allows you to take any options listed on the warscroll, there is never any additional points cost for these options.

Yep, no disadvantage in not taking the Anointed, unless you want to fill out a battalion or save on a leader slot. Several warscrolls like the Luminark and Hurricanum are similar, though I'd imagine the versions with riders would get separate warscrolls the same way the Terrorgheist did if their factions ever received full battletomes.

Hi, I have another question. Does this mean that you'r also able to take Caradrian on the frostheart phoenix for the same point cost? It adds a powerful phoenixblade and a command ability! This would make the flamespyre the poorer choice in every scenario i can imagine. I can only find the Caradrian option in the "High Elves Warscroll Compendium", not in the app or if you go through GW's webpage.
Any clarification on this?

I believe you are correct Jazy128, all the points costs are included for the scroll no matter who is riding it. Just one more thing I would add while the frost phoenix is probably just about the better birdy. The ability to come back to life on full wounds shouldn’t be sniffed at. Although playing matched play you would have to pay the reinforcement points to use that ability.

As to Caradrian, i have no idea why he isn’t in the compendium, Probably because the model is pretty new.

Archived