Seraphon after March update

Derek

So after gw dropped this most recent update for prime targets/prime hunters what if anything are you guys changing in your lists?  While I see some people saying this update won’t change anything I think it will to some degree,  I don’t think we will be seeing triple bastiladon/ double bastiladon or 6 salamanders in lists anymore because you risk giving up 2 points per unit for salamanders or 3 points per unit depending on what army you’re fighting,  and same goes with bastiladons.  That while maybe not an all the time thing can definitely swing a game in your opponent’s favor.

I'm just starting my collection with Seraphon so I haven't tried the old power combo but I think it's still viable. It's a combo that nukes the opponent off the board, as such they were already priority targets and if you lost the combo early you lose anyway. Most of the time, they'll just kill everything and if you lose a couple while nuking the opponent, it's not going to lose you the game, just reduce the margin you win by.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:55 PM, Derek said:

So after gw dropped this most recent update for prime targets/prime hunters what if anything are you guys changing in your lists?  While I see some people saying this update won’t change anything I think it will to some degree,  I don’t think we will be seeing triple bastiladon/ double bastiladon or 6 salamanders in lists anymore because you risk giving up 2 points per unit for salamanders or 3 points per unit depending on what army you’re fighting,  and same goes with bastiladons.  That while maybe not an all the time thing can definitely swing a game in your opponent’s favor.

I will chance absolutely nothing in my current list.

then again, how would I be able, nothing in my army is a priority target, at least not yet, considering that I’m playing the underdog😝🤪

skaven for the win!!

There’s a skaven player in our meta who is either bringing 4 warp lightning cannons or a 15 stormfiends list to our tournament this weekend and another one is bringing all clan moulder.  The 4 warp lightning cannons terrifies me since I know just how crazy those can get lol 

Seraphon are still good, the changes have no effect on most of the book but salamanders feel dead in the water. 1 VP per Sally make them virtually impossible to play competitively. Sure you will still remove bad teams before they have a chance to touch you but there are too many good lists out there that can remove a couple of Sally's no sweat and take a punch that giving up points will likely cost you the game.

3 hours ago, Derek said:

There’s a skaven player in our meta who is either bringing 4 warp lightning cannons or a 15 stormfiends list to our tournament this weekend and another one is bringing all clan moulder.  The 4 warp lightning cannons terrifies me since I know just how crazy those can get lol 

Ot can be crazily good, and amazingly bad in some situations,

for example:

the last event I used two of those bad boys, I did a total of 6 mortal wounds all three games combined.

I Just kept rolling 6s for the strentgh of the cannon, doing like almost no damage per turn.

depending on your opponent luck, the same thing could happen to him.

as for the moulder list, you

just lost mate, better of playing the rats than some dinosaurs

2 hours ago, Derek said:

I was playing skaven for a little while but I’m definitely not a hoard player so while I don’t know everything skaven can do I have a fairly solid understanding of some of the tricks they can pull off.  

At the point where you think you understand the fundamental, you have failed to understand the complexity pf an army.

Skaven are especially such kind of a faction.

for example have a look at the doomwheel, if you don’t understand how a doomwheel can be used to i’ts most efficient way, when you consider it a useless object, you have already lost the game before it even began.

skaven are so complex in their way of playing and thinking that it needs you to think 13 steps ahead of your opponent.

If your opponent took a warplightning cannon into his army, there will be a lot more to it than just it does a ton of mortal wound, to whatever it is in range.

A skaven cornered with some stuff that can overcharge is even more dangerous Then you would think

It thinks more steps ahead then any other player, thinking, seeking the possibility of winning when getting his own stuff blown up.