Using Daemon Weapon Artefact to "snipe" models from a unit

Aries

Question

Since the Daemon Weapon Artefact states to inflict 1 mortal wound on an enemy model, what are the implications of using it on members of a unit with special abilities/items?

Example: My Skaven Warlord and a unit of Stormvermin are in combat with a unit of Retributors. I choose my Warlord to attack first, triggering his Daemon Weapon. I choose to deal a wound to the model holding a Starsoul Mace. When the Stormvermin attack, will the Stormcast player have to continue allocating wounds to the already injured Retributor, thus removing him before the other members of the unit?

3 answers to this question

Just read the artefact rules.  As you (the attacker) "deal" the mortal wound to a model of your choosing this bypasses the damage pool allocation mechanic (where the single wounded model rule exists) - so this weapon could allow a unit to have two wounded models.

If this happened, when it comes to allocating the damage pool your opponent could chose to allocate to either wounded model but would need to remove both wounded models before allocating normally.

Does make this a very interesting artefact in light of this - snipe out banner bearers and champions...

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just read the artefact rules.  As you (the attacker) "deal" the mortal wound to a model of your choosing this bypasses the damage pool allocation mechanic (where the single wounded model rule exists) - so this weapon could allow a unit to have two wounded models.

If this happened, when it comes to allocating the damage pool your opponent could chose to allocate to either wounded model but would need to remove both wounded models before allocating normally.

Does make this a very interesting artefact in light of this - snipe out banner bearers and champions...

Not when I've got 20 guys with banners!

Archived