Gravelords -- Do you Prefer Going First or Second Round 1?

Blutsteigen

Greetings

I'm preparing for the Kublacon 2K tournament in California.

I'm pondering which Battalion to take, and I have the choice of 3 drops or numerous with a bonus artifact.

The latter will almost always make it my opponents choice. But the other I will, sometimes, make the call.

I know this is a multi-faceted question, but overall, what do you prefer --going 1st or 2nd? Or does it almost 

entirely depend on opponents army and list?

Thanks.

It depends. I've recently gone up to 6/7 drops so often have to deploy without knowledge of who will go first.

I would always prefer to be lower drops if possible, but sometimes you need the extra artefact, the hunters etc to ensure your combos work without a hitch.

One of the things that is annoying is whether you should deploy in the grave or not, as sometimes an opponent can go first and screen you out, meaning your units end up further away than if they had just started on the board and ran forwards.

Change for maps and enemy lists,but usually i preffer go first if i wont cant avoid enemy shooting and second if i can avoid enemy shooting(due to short range on enemy shooting)

But usually i get go second because i have key units in reserve and i can have a chance of double turn

5 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

Or does it almost 

entirely depend on opponents army and list?

This… 🤷🏿‍♀️ and scenario 

I usually prefer going second, this has nothing to do with fear of the double turn, it is tactical finesse and a lay back attitude.

if you’re somehow able to get a reasonable alpha strike or block objectives, it might be an idea to launch at it

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...