Painting Real Metal Chain

Fungrim

Hi all,

Just bought some real metal (steel) jewellry chain for a mini, just wondering if there's any do's and don'ts for painting this stuff up?

I know the usual re. how you'd treat a metal mini (clean, prime etc), but as it's shiny steel, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with how this stuff takes paints?

Cheers in advance!

ugh. I loved using GW's old superglue with a brush to treat them. You could just brush on the suuper glue and it would stiffen and stay in desired position. Then prime it and paint it. All you need for painting it is a primer that covers steel. I've had no problems with it chipping paints on some of my figures.

3 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

ugh. I loved using GW's old superglue with a brush to treat them. You could just brush on the suuper glue and it would stiffen and stay in desired position. Then prime it and paint it. All you need for painting it is a primer that covers steel. I've had no problems with it chipping paints on some of my figures.

Fantastic - may experiment with a dry-run using the brushing-super-glue approach. Will need to prime the miniature as usual anyway, so hoping the citadel spray will do most the work, but will see.

Thanks bud!

Archived