Store Anniversary Miniature Questions

GrimDork

I notice from the list GW put out that this weekend is a store anniversary in a city I happen to be visiting for the day. I’ve never bothered with anniversary miniatures in the past but I quite fancy the Kruleboy and my brother likes the inquisitor. I just had a few questions.

Are they limited stock or do they generally have enough to cover demand? (I’m going on Sunday, from your experience, will there be any left?)

Can you buy more than one of each model? (I’m not a scalper, honest😂)

Anyone know how much they are? (I’m guessing around £20?)

Thanks!

I think the stock is limited as they will be sent a certain amount but hopefully that covers what they think the demand will be. I suspect they may stop you having more than one but I don’t think there is a hard rule about it. Will be down to each store. I’m not sure of the price but I’d say £20 (but could be £25). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The last couple have been £20 - however we have seen some of the limited run versions hitting £25 so be prepared for that!  Stock level seems to vary from store to store based on what they're sent and the popularity of the models - going on a Sunday I'd expect them to still have the shaman but no Inquisitors.  Generally they're OK with you buying more than one of each (likely down to the store manager) - though they're likely to be a bit more reluctant if they only have 5 and you want to buy multiple.  Previously if they've run out of stock, they have had a list that you can put your name on and get the stock in afterwards - but you'd need to go back to the store to pick it up.  This seems to take anything from a week to two months 😂

• Thanks 1

Too echo what's been said above, generally they'll let you order as many as you can pay for. The loot group tends to try to hit up events like this and can have people ordering plenty to cover those who can't make it/don't live near a store/don't want to wait for their nearest event. However I believe some stores have recently been saying that ordering multiple of them doesn't count towards the thresholds for free gifts so if you're after the bag and stuff like that it might be worth remembering that.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, Gaz Taylor said:

Looks like it’s my local stores birthday tomorrow and their Facebook page says the anniversary models are £21 each

Noticed that Bath has their anniversary up last weekend until next week too.  May have to get a mate to pick up a cheeky model 😉

4 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Noticed that Bath has their anniversary up last weekend until next week too.  May have to get a mate to pick up a cheeky model 😉

That was where I was visiting! I love Bath, one of my favourite UK cities!

I think I had the last Gutrippa Boss. Was going to get an Inquisitor for my brother but apparently they sold out on the Saturday in 6 minutes 😳

I didn't bother ordering one in as it's Salisbury store's anniversary this coming Saturday, which is closer for me. Likely the Inquisitor will sell out again but if I order from that branch will be closer to collect later. I noticed on eBay the inquisitor has been selling for £50-£60! I might have to order a couple for myself!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

That was where I was visiting! I love Bath, one of my favourite UK cities!

I think I had the last Gutrippa Boss. Was going to get an Inquisitor for my brother but apparently they sold out on the Saturday in 6 minutes 😳

I didn't bother ordering one in as it's Salisbury store's anniversary this coming Saturday, which is closer for me. Likely the Inquisitor will sell out again but if I order from that branch will be closer to collect later. I noticed on eBay the inquisitor has been selling for £50-£60! I might have to order a couple for myself!

It's quite a nice little store in fairness and like you say, it's a lovely city.  Salisbury is one store I've not gone to often, though it's about the same distance as Bath by bus.  Swindon is a little closer for me in fairness (which is one store that still has multiple staff members), but only been there once since they told me they didn't want any forge world models in my armies on parade entry back in 2017 😂  I'm not bitter about that of course.

• Haha 1