Legions of Chamon

Vastus

Fashioned the cloth for my Crypt Horrors. Did the typical waistcloth and sash. I did want something in addition, so I went for something like a tippet or scarf, except it's two separate strips of cloth hanging over each shoulder and held together by the sash. I'm planning to paint small runes/figures on those.

E7qfp5u.jpg62QyPfa.jpg

I'll have to smooth things out/file some part still, but otherwise they're ready to be painted.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

"The Priors of the Order were those most devout, who had proven they were able to cleanse their minds of their base desires and had found inner strength. It is truly ironic then, that these would be the ones to grow most monstrous and abhorrent after they received the Abbot's newfound blood gift."

M96aodG.jpgrPVwuZ7.jpgp5aHjOx.jpg

Resin pour went slightly awry on one, but I was able to mostly fix it. Overall, I like the look with the rocks and driftwood sticking out of it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Looks good. What product did you use? Are you going to sand down and polish the edges there?

I just used a typical 2-part epoxy resin that I use for other things as well. And just added a tiny bit of paint.

I thought about sanding it, but I'm worried it'll just make it look scratched/faded out. Maybe I'll make a test base and try it on there with some very fine grit paper. Or maybe just apply some gloss varnish again to make it pop more.

Edited by Vastus

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly finished my Crypt Flayer, just need to wait for the resin to cure. In the meantime though, I'd like to show of these two Gnobby boys that round out my warband.

BA3ukKh.jpg8O12mio.jpg

Grub likes to have things, preferably shiny things. He will grab anything and everything he can and always carries around his numerous possessions of dubious value.

His brother Klub on the other mostly likes to hit things. He proudly carries around the trophies of everything and everyone he's killed, occasionally trading them for food with his brother if needed.

Edited by Vastus
  • Like 1

"In life, Prior Faraak watched over the younger disciples as they tended to the farms or foraged for food and material. With the Abbot's newfound gift he has soared so that he can watch over all of them at once. And if anything threatens them, he descends with the fury of a thousand storms."

dFPAaqm.jpg6LMXm4n.jpgDagqb9T.jpg

Just the Ghoul King left and then the warband is finished. That one will likely take some time though.

• 2 weeks later...

"In life he loved to meditate while basking in the sun's radiance. Now his cursed gift no longer even allows him to gaze at it. No matter how many times the Abbot tries, it always ends the same, his eyes burning with pain as he tears them out."

UWH5kwS.jpgwcwvHps.jpgeQfVU1y.jpg

Finished my Ghoul King, which also finishes my warband for now. It's on to the next project: a clan of Kruleboyz that worship GorkaMorka's aspect of the Sun-Eater.