AoS 3 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Arzalyn

Greetings

Much like the Bonesplitterz themselves I feel the call of the Waagh and I have thrown away my armour and my puny steel weapons and I have embraced the visions of Gorkamorka. 

I currently own a single box of savage orruks which I initially intended to build as a Warcry warband but upon pondering I have decided to collect a proper Bonesplitterz tribe. 

I call upon you Mork and Gork Bosses to help me on this journey. How should I assemble this box of models? Where to go from here on? Is Contrast a good method to paint this army?

Can you help me assemble a 1000 points list so I can begin cracking some skulls and taking some teef...

I am eagerly waiting the words of your Wurrgog Prophets.

Edited by Tenebris

On 5/9/2022 at 7:36 PM, Tenebris said:

Greetings

Much like the Bonesplitterz themselves I feel the call of the Waagh and I have thrown away my armour and my puny steel weapons and I have embraced the visions of Gorkamorka. 

I currently own a single box of savage orruks which I initially intended to build as a Warcry warband but upon pondering I have decided to collect a proper Bonesplitterz tribe. 

I call upon you Mork and Gork Bosses to help me on this journey. How should I assemble this box of models? Where to go from here on? Is Contrast a good method to paint this army?

Can you help me assemble a 1000 points list so I can begin cracking some skulls and taking some teef...

I am eagerly waiting the words of your Wurrgog Prophets.

Hey, welcome to the best orruks (naked ones). Contrast is definitely possible, I haven’t painted in a long time since I had to build a lot to play and heres my first orruk after years of no painting. Only used contrast and shade over wraithbone basecoat. Sure it’s not perfect but good enough in a horde. I may change some of the browns arround though to gain more contrast.

as for a proper 1k List I’d say a wurgogg would be nice. A box of boars also gives you two units of 5. I would stay away from arrowboyz and big stabbaz for now. Arrowboyz because their are not that good right now and big stabbaz since you loose 2 orruks each and can only build 2 out of the infantry box. You could still build them and have 6 orruks for hero conversions if you don’t like finecast. 

other than that I’d say go for what you like hero and unit wise. Boars are especially good right now though. Boarboy maniaks for damage and normal boarboyz for battleline, screen and better staying power.

E6AC3982-8465-4C67-AF2A-FCC61F886A40.jpeg

3BFD0865-6E1F-4A56-A304-45118A47E58B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Seems difficult to keep the BS forum vocal. We don't have a ton of options to build sadly. Do you think that points FAQ this Saturday could change some things?

I'm going to a small one-dayer this weekend with the following list:

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

- Warclan: Icebone

- Mortal Realm: Ghur

- Grand Strategy: Get Dem Bones!

- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders

Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*

Wurrgog Prophet (150)*

-

Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz

- Lore of the Savage Beast: Glowy Green Tusks

Maniak Weirdnob (100)*

- General

- Command Trait: Master of Magic

- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un

- Lore of the Savage Beast: Glowy Green Tusks

Battleline

5 x Savage Boarboys (140)*

- Stikkas

10 x Savage Boarboys (280)*

- Stikkas

- Reinforced x 1

5 x Savage Boarboys (140)*

- Stikkas

Units

10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (290)*

- Reinforced x 1

4 x Savage Big Stabbas (160)*

- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions

*Battle Regiment

Total: 1980 / 2000

Reinforced Units: 3 / 4

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 137

Drops: 1

Didn't have endless spells at my disposal (except portal and Geminids which is unplayable at 80pts) nor more boarboyz so I decided to go with big stabbas (probably a big V screen in most cases). The Grand Strategy is just for the laughs and mind-teasing the opponent with useless info about terrain. I don't think hold the line or prized sorcery is good for this list.

New endless spell warscrolls are tempting for trying out a rogue idol with 6 wizards (3 wurrgog, 2 wardokk, 1 weirdnob), 2 warlords, a big block of savage orcs, 10 maniaks plus boarboyz and maybe some morboyz for the lolz of the 41 attacks on charge, or even multi wizard big waaagh.

I will update you on the matchups next week but I don't expect much, since the local meta seems to have a ton of shooting and Seraphon... Let's see.

Cheers

I'm glad that Rogue Idol is getting some love. It's THE centerpiece model for a bonesplitterz army. I am also not sure about Kragnos and Krondspine. Usually I prefer the older models and was quite happy that a tournament player even ran an Arachnarok - one of the coolest models you practically never see anymore.

A Question to the new GHB rules: Can Morboys be battleline for Bonesplitterz? If so, we could get a bunch more attacks in with the new 1/2" rule. I always liked the morboys a bit more due to their +1 bravery. I simply had to play with spears because 1" attack range has been very unforgiving during pile-ins.

58 minutes ago, crowned said:

I'm glad that Rogue Idol is getting some love. It's THE centerpiece model for a bonesplitterz army. I am also not sure about Kragnos and Krondspine. Usually I prefer the older models and was quite happy that a tournament player even ran an Arachnarok - one of the coolest models you practically never see anymore.

A Question to the new GHB rules: Can Morboys be battleline for Bonesplitterz? If so, we could get a bunch more attacks in with the new 1/2" rule. I always liked the morboys a bit more due to their +1 bravery. I simply had to play with spears because 1" attack range has been very unforgiving during pile-ins.

They can be BL as part of Drakkfoot. Which, tbh, an army with 3 10xMorboys in Conquerors and then loads of  Stabbas in Drakkfoot could be a huge pain for the All Fly Nurgle armies. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I noticed that every time i look at the boarboys they are out of stock. This has been for a few months now. Am i just looking at a bad time or has this been going on for a while now? I am asking because i want to order some in time for x-mas.

No real idea, other than restocks being hard to predict. That being said, I've had some success on difficult stuff by hitting the "email me" option on an out-of-stock item in the GW online store. That has gotten me notifications when I needed them, even on quick-to-sell-out items like Malign Sorcery.

• Like 1

Yeah, this one is the new one.  Therefore I'll post here!  I see some folks peeved about the Big Stabba points increase, but they're still on par with similar units, like a Grimwrath Berzerker for example.  I think the Splitterz will still be okay, just can't spam quite as many and be a little more kunnin'.

I kinda want another Wurgogg, as I think they can ally with both Ogors and the Gitz, is that right?

• 4 weeks later...

I am kinda frustrated with bonegrinz as a subfaction. 1 extra attack, 50% increase is such a huge upgrade that arrowboyz have to be balanced around this. Meaning they are unusable anywhere else. I feel like unlocking battleline tag and cool tricks is a much better subfaction ability than just raw power. I dont want to play a list with 100 arrowboyz, i want them to fill some ranged support/damage role in my lists. 

Are they even good in bonegrinz?
IIRC they had 3 attacks base last edition (or access to it) on the same profile with rend against monsters, access to exploding 6s, and a double shooting ability and they weren't destroying the meta back then. They were certainly a solid option if you built into it though. 
I think they cost more than the used to now too.

• 1 month later...

I've been working on painting up an icebone list,

3 big bosses, 2 wurgoggs, 1 maniak wierdnob, 15 boarboys, 15 boarboy maniaks and a rogue idol.

I've just gotten through all the boar riders so i'm in the home stretch but with the rogue idol seemingly being squatted i'm considering painting something else instead.

I'm thinking either 20 maniaks or 6-8 big stabbas? I could do savage orruks as well but they just seem worse than maniaks. Kronspine could slip in too, but I'd need to cut something to fit him in and I'd rather keep the big boss chain fighting cheese.

Thoughts?

On 1/21/2023 at 4:35 PM, Ganigumo said:

I've been working on painting up an icebone list,

3 big bosses, 2 wurgoggs, 1 maniak wierdnob, 15 boarboys, 15 boarboy maniaks and a rogue idol.

I've just gotten through all the boar riders so i'm in the home stretch but with the rogue idol seemingly being squatted i'm considering painting something else instead.

I'm thinking either 20 maniaks or 6-8 big stabbas? I could do savage orruks as well but they just seem worse than maniaks. Kronspine could slip in too, but I'd need to cut something to fit him in and I'd rather keep the big boss chain fighting cheese.

Thoughts?

Dont know what u are aiming for but u could also include one of the Mega Gargants. I think i would add a blob of Arrowboyz to sit back on objectives and shoot some stuff for fun. But i am a casual player and i would rather buy a new unit over more of the same. But your list already sounds like a lot of fun imho. I would love to see some pictures if u dont mind.

• 5 months later...

So… with the loss of Galatian Veterans how do we feel about Morboys v Stikka Orruks… I’m thinking specifically 10 model sized units of Morboys for my list but I’m trying to work out which is more effective… fighting in the second rank or more attacks that wound easier…

15 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Mathhammer. I assumed all 10 stikkas fighting vs 7 Morboys fighting.

image.png.9227977c04894943ba78b4e3198a8ac5.png

OK so looking at this Morboys are better  in pretty much all circumstances, albeit it’s fairly marginal. That said, if you have 10 Morboys v 10 Stikkas (assuming you can get them all into range) the Morboys would be significantly better.

I guess the only other consideration is that Stikkas have a slightly better save? And they don’t need to consider weapon range so much / so positioning is less vital and I guess in units of 20 Stikkas are the only sensible option.