AoS 3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Arzalyn

On 2/13/2022 at 2:27 PM, wolyhammer said:

Quite a hero heavy list for my next game. I normally run 9 or two units of 6 Boltboyz, just having one unit of 6 is more so I can fit all the heroes in. Gobsprakk's on the list as I recently used the Killaboss so I'm up for having some fan with magic.

One thought I'm having is how many standard units is best to run to get on objectives?

I'm a huge fan of 2-3 10man gutrippa squads for running around and holding objectives, with Hobgrots in the backline to prevent deepstrike or teleports. The choice for 1 squad of Boltboyz is interesting, I'm curious to see how it goes!

Old Gobbsprakk could be great, depending on what you're fighting and/or/if you get some Arcane Terrain he can huddle near, the +1 to dispel is enormous for him. Definitely want to hear how he does for you.

I'm always a big fan of Mirebrutes, and two is a great choice. Is one of them getting your mount trait?

57 minutes ago, Aztok said:

I'm a huge fan of 2-3 10man gutrippa squads for running around and holding objectives, with Hobgrots in the backline to prevent deepstrike or teleports. The choice for 1 squad of Boltboyz is interesting, I'm curious to see how it goes!

Old Gobbsprakk could be great, depending on what you're fighting and/or/if you get some Arcane Terrain he can huddle near, the +1 to dispel is enormous for him. Definitely want to hear how he does for you.

I'm always a big fan of Mirebrutes, and two is a great choice. Is one of them getting your mount trait?

Arcane Terrain is a good idea, I'll make sure we roll for those.

Only 6 Boltboyz is more so I can fit in everything else I want to take. I also know I'm going up against Sylvaneth so there will be woods everywhere blocking LoS.

I'll have to try a 3x Gutrippaz list next.

2 hours ago, wolyhammer said:

Only 6 Boltboyz is more so I can fit in everything else I want to take. I also know I'm going up against Sylvaneth so there will be woods everywhere blocking LoS.

You know, Levitation is a good spell for Boltboyz because if they can't see something through terrain, a single cast fixes that issue. If I'm correct, it let's you see over the forest and shoot anything behind it, but maybe not within. I'll have to look it up, but I like it for my 2x6 boltboy lists.

Edit: I can't seem to find where it says flying units can see through terrain, I could be completely wrong! Hope someone can come along and help, otherwise I'll make a thread and ask about it tomorrow in the rules section.

Edited by Aztok

3 hours ago, Aztok said:

You know, Levitation is a good spell for Boltboyz because if they can't see something through terrain, a single cast fixes that issue. If I'm correct, it let's you see over the forest and shoot anything behind it, but maybe not within. I'll have to look it up, but I like it for my 2x6 boltboy lists.

Edit: I can't seem to find where it says flying units can see through terrain, I could be completely wrong! Hope someone can come along and help, otherwise I'll make a thread and ask about it tomorrow in the rules section.

It was a special rule in the aos2 version of the woods, but thats not the case anymore, so boltboys wont be able to see through the woods

5 hours ago, wolyhammer said:

A tip against Sylvaneth, the woods only block line of sight if they place more than 1 tree and that is a little hard sometimes as they have to be more than 3" from everything. If you go before him you can use this to your advantage and limit were the trees can drop by putting some units in the right places.

Any experience or thoughts on Kragnos + Gutrippaz?

Generally, the consensus, of course, is to go crossbows. But, I figured that Gutrippaz might benefit more from the 18'' charge then you'd expect: One of the key problems is that shamans can't buff them when they are in combat. But, with Kragnos+Slugderaker (although perhaps too expensive)+a unit of 20 Gutrippaz+Shaman, you get to deal 20 mortal wounds with your gutrippaz quite reliably, since the charge becomes so much better. 

Now, that might not be perfect, but throw in supa sneaky, and you might be able to fit in a mirebrute.. you'd have to be able to break through the weaker barrier units like that somewhere.. this might also open up the grinnin' blades; but that might become too expensive for the battleline if you want shamans 

Edited by Abstract_duck

26 minutes ago, Abstract_duck said:

Any experience or thoughts on Kragnos + Gutrippaz?

Generally, the consensus, of course, is to go crossbows. But, I figured that Gutrippaz might benefit more from the 18'' charge then you'd expect: One of the key problems is that shamans can't buff them when they are in combat. But, with Kragnos+Slugderaker (although perhaps too expensive)+a unit of 20 Gutrippaz+Shaman, you get to deal 20 mortal wounds with your gutrippaz quite reliably, since the charge becomes so much better. 

Now, that might not be perfect, but throw in supa sneaky, and you might be able to fit in a mirebrute.. you'd have to be able to break through the weaker barrier units like that somewhere.. this might also open up the grinnin' blades; but that might become too expensive for the battleline if you want shamans 

I think its a little to expensive to try this list. Just putting Kragnos + 20 Guttripaz + Sludgeraker is 1395 points. If you add the shaman and go Big-Yellers for 2x3 boltboy to fill battleline (as they are cheaper them guttripaz) you are at 1740 points already. If you want to Capitalize on kragnos charge buff, using multiple Breakabosses are probably more effective than using a big Guttripaz block, as they cost the same and don't require as much support as the Guttripaz do.

55 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I think its a little to expensive to try this list. Just putting Kragnos + 20 Guttripaz + Sludgeraker is 1395 points. If you add the shaman and go Big-Yellers for 2x3 boltboy to fill battleline (as they are cheaper them guttripaz) you are at 1740 points already. If you want to Capitalize on kragnos charge buff, using multiple Breakabosses are probably more effective than using a big Guttripaz block, as they cost the same and don't require as much support as the Guttripaz do.

Fair point about the breaka bosses -if you are willing to give up battle regiment.

I'd see a possibility in a list with a mirebrute fast un, and doby for the bonus on Mire and Kragnos, with supa sneaky on the Doby (or another mire) for an alpha charge with kragnos, Mire and Doby using krule waagh to minimize losses.

Seems like a decent alpha list to me, especially if you can manage to cram in some crossbow+shaman backup by going big yellers. with interesting combat tricks with noisy racket against other alpha strike lists or just because, and disappearance act to get straight to the important units.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:01 PM, Backbreaker said:

What do you think about taking a Troggboss (gloomspite gitz), with a Sloggoth, a unit of trolls (gloomspite gitz) and one/two mirebrutes?

You end up with a bunch of trolls hitting on 2s rerolling 1s for only 1CP.

did u ever try this? was having the exact same thought the other day :D

also, what are ppls thoughts on bringing a megagargant?

• 3 weeks later...

Love the idea of a Troggboss hanging with the Kruleboyz. There's already two official Troggoths in-faction so he'd fit right in. My main army is Gitz so I'm always tempted to throw my Fellwaters in as an ally for the KBz.

I'd also be very curious to know if anyone has tried a Mega-Gargant in faction though I'm even more intrigued to hear if anyone has used the 'baby' Aleguzzler Gargant as an ally since unless a new Gloomspite book writes them out, that's the cheapest 'Monster' we can get. His stats aren't the most inspiring but he can do rampages! (Also I own one, so uh... I might be biased. Slightly.)

8 hours ago, Smidley said:

Love the idea of a Troggboss hanging with the Kruleboyz. There's already two official Troggoths in-faction so he'd fit right in. My main army is Gitz so I'm always tempted to throw my Fellwaters in as an ally for the KBz.

I'd also be very curious to know if anyone has tried a Mega-Gargant in faction though I'm even more intrigued to hear if anyone has used the 'baby' Aleguzzler Gargant as an ally since unless a new Gloomspite book writes them out, that's the cheapest 'Monster' we can get. His stats aren't the most inspiring but he can do rampages! (Also I own one, so uh... I might be biased. Slightly.)

You know it is kinda funny.

Kruelboyz may on their own be pretty bad, but in a gloomspite gitz army they become fantastic😂.

At the last 1day event I went to, our gitz player won the tournament with a 3 loonboss mangler squig list which had a dobby and the ork boss on trogg as allies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

You know it is kinda funny.

Kruelboyz may on their own be pretty bad, but in a gloomspite gitz army they become fantastic😂.

At the last 1day event I went to, our gitz player won the tournament with a 3 loonboss mangler squig list which had a dobby and the ork boss on trogg as allies.

What does "dobby" mean?

21 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

There is a rumor about the Incarnate rules floating around:
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2022/03/age-of-sigmar-the-thunda-in-thondia-how-the-incarnates-work.html

400 points is a lot, but if the other effects are desirable it could be a nice aggressive monster for us. Particularly, Gobsprakk would certainly love the +1 to cast/unbind!

yeah was thinking that as well. I do wonder however, can Uniques take enhancements? since I think it said in there that it will be treated as such..

18 hours ago, woolf said:

yeah was thinking that as well. I do wonder however, can Uniques take enhancements? since I think it said in there that it will be treated as such..

I think it counts as a spell enhancement, which named characters do get right? Also that with the rogue idol (idiot amount of points though) would be +2 :P

1 hour ago, W1tchhunter said:

I think it counts as a spell enhancement, which named characters do get right? Also that with the rogue idol (idiot amount of points though) would be +2 :P

haha yeah I really hope u are rigth, gobsprakk would be perfect to attach this thing to

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So, it seems as if we are able to get access to the warscrolls again.

It may have been a bug or gw noticing their bad decision 

It was probably some skaven mischief infiltrating GW and gnawing on some cords somewhere.. just took them a bit to fix it!! 

• Haha 1

Hi Boyz

I was wondering if You could help me out with some list construction?

I haven't played AOS 3.0 yet and I am looking for a competitive Kruleboyz list.  I know that the Kruleboyz are having a hard time competing at the moment, but I really like the models.

So if you were going to a tournament tomorrow what would you bring?

3 hours ago, Nixon said:

Hi Boyz

I haven't played AOS 3.0 yet and I am looking for a competitive Kruleboyz list.  I know that the Kruleboyz are having a hard time competing at the moment, but I really like the models.

This is a hard question to answer, as yourself already said, we aren't the most competitive army right now. The general consensus is going Big-yellers with the core of our shooting damage (Boltboyz supported by shamans and a Sludgeraker). The question then become how much boltboyz you bring, as most of our other good units tend to be heroes that have more than 10 wounds (which increase your drops). The last good result list (see bellow) I heard of was a 4-1 List in a UK tournament in February, maybe it can give you some inspiration to you.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
– Warclan: Big Yellers
– Grand Strategy: Predator’s Domain
Triumphs: Indomitable

LEADERS
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*
– General
– Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
– Artefact: Mork’s Eye Pebble

Murknob with Belcha-banna (95)*
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*
– Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (170)**
– Mount Trait: Fast ‘Un
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)**
– Lore of the Swamp: Da Black Pit

BATTLELINE
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
– Reinforced x 1
3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)*
3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)*

UNITS
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

ARTILLERY
Beast-skewer Killbow (130)*
Beast-skewer Killbow (130)**

CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126
Drops: 2

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nixon said:

Hi Boyz

If I am playing tomorrow I would be bringing this list. It’s a good mix of good, dumb and fun

Army Faction: Orruk Warclans
    - Army Type: Kruleboyz
    - Army Subfaction: Big Yellers

LEADER

Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Supa Sneaky
    - Artefacts: Mork’s Eye Pebble
    - Mount Traits: Smelly ’Un

Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (105)*
    - Spells: Nasty Hex

Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (105)**