AoS 3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Arzalyn

15 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I friggin hate limited edition... 

Can I just buy the damn thing, Geedubs...

Screenshot_20230510_163903_eBay.jpg.5ac5715b62673fcda19acef733924496.jpg

to be fair this was wasn't supposed to be released yet, but I feel your pain.

I doubt I'll be at any of the events where this guy is available so if I want one its scalper city for me. 

7 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

to be fair this was wasn't supposed to be released yet, but I feel your pain.

I doubt I'll be at any of the events where this guy is available so if I want one its scalper city for me. 

I get it. Bizznezz is bizznezz, can't blame someone trying to get paid. My frustrations lie with Geedubs. They should at LEAST offer a one week made to order or something on all these. 

I do have an official event coming up so which Kruleboyz models are folks looking for. I'll see about getting some for folks if I can. Not looking to profit, just help my fellow fans so they'd be at sale price plus shipping s all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've got a 2 day event on the weekend and after a bit of agonizing I decided to bring the kruleboyz. I wanted to play orruks and couldn't make a big waaagh lisylt I felt comfortable with, and I don't vibe with the new gitz book for some reason, not sure why.

That said I had a dumb idea come to me while trying to listbuild. What if I just supa sneaky 30 gutrippaz? It'll be like dollar store Tzeentch, and its not like the standard KB lists have been doing well.

I wasn't too fond of supa sneaky when I first tried it, i always used to go MoM/arcane tome on a vulture, but supa sneaky's value goes way down when you have more drops, since it triggers before turn order is decided.

But with a unit of 30 gutrippaz you can just alpha pin. 60 wounds that are sometimes -1 to hit, and are -1 to wound (thanks to noisy racket) can pin my opponent in and maybe let me get an early game lead. Plus if I'm lucky with dissapearin' act I could potentially get in to something juicy.

Here's the list.

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Grinnin' Blades
- Grand Strategy: Krump 'Em All
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (260)**
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (100)*
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
- Lore of the Swamp: Da Black Pit
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (290)*
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un

Battleline
30 x Gutrippaz (450)**
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Gutrippaz (150)*
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)*
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 164
Drops: 2

Gobsprakk gives access to spells, and access to krump em all. Not sure how that'll work out but most grand strategies are a struggle for us.

Theres potential for a proper alpha strike too, supa sneaky gutrippaz, +fastun/sneaky miasma the vulture and sludgeraker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I've got a 2 day event on the weekend and after a bit of agonizing I decided to bring the kruleboyz. I wanted to play orruks and couldn't make a big waaagh lisylt I felt comfortable with, and I don't vibe with the new gitz book for some reason, not sure why.

That said I had a dumb idea come to me while trying to listbuild. What if I just supa sneaky 30 gutrippaz? It'll be like dollar store Tzeentch, and its not like the standard KB lists have been doing well.

I wasn't too fond of supa sneaky when I first tried it, i always used to go MoM/arcane tome on a vulture, but supa sneaky's value goes way down when you have more drops, since it triggers before turn order is decided.

But with a unit of 30 gutrippaz you can just alpha pin. 60 wounds that are sometimes -1 to hit, and are -1 to wound (thanks to noisy racket) can pin my opponent in and maybe let me get an early game lead. Plus if I'm lucky with dissapearin' act I could potentially get in to something juicy.

Here's the list.

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Grinnin' Blades
- Grand Strategy: Krump 'Em All
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (260)**
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
- Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
- Lore of the Swamp: Da Black Pit
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (290)*
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un

Battleline
30 x Gutrippaz (450)**
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Gutrippaz (150)*
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)*
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

Units
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 164
Drops: 2

Gobsprakk gives access to spells, and access to krump em all. Not sure how that'll work out but most grand strategies are a struggle for us.

Theres potential for a proper alpha strike too, supa sneaky gutrippaz, +fastun/sneaky miasma the vulture and sludgeraker.

Just be careful.

there might be a thanqoul with 4 warpfire thrower around the corners.

🤪😋

Game 1 I lost to new OBR. It was battlelines drawn, so the alpha pin wasn't as effective although it seemed to work well. I got the t2 double and couldn't cripple him enough and got smashed on the t3 double.

Game 2 I won vs big waaagh!. He threw away his gruntas early for a BT and my boltboyz thrashed them. Then I got the t2 double and pushed hard with the waaagh! And he couldnt recover.

Game 3 I gio thrashed by skaven. The list was basically a hard counter. I took the first turn, so I could alpha his stormvermin and between supa sneaky and fastun I got gobsprakk, the gutrippaz, and the sludgeraker within charge range on t1. The sludgeraker charged and took THANQUOL's unleash hell, the gutrippaz got in, but gobsprakk failed on a reroll. I ended up not even killing half of the 30 strong stormvermin and got thrashed on the counter. Also he had ravenak's jaws, which is nigh impossible to zone out but he had it on teleporting wizards. The only spell I unbound all game was arcane bolt on t4, and the only spell I cast was mystic shield on t1. It took me 2 attempts to dispel the jaws, and each of the first two hits did 8 mortals to the boltboyz.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Game 1 I lost to new OBR. It was battlelines drawn, so the alpha pin wasn't as effective although it seemed to work well. I got the t2 double and couldn't cripple him enough and got smashed on the t3 double.

Game 2 I won vs big waaagh!. He threw away his gruntas early for a BT and my boltboyz thrashed them. Then I got the t2 double and pushed hard with the waaagh! And he couldnt recover.

Game 3 I gio thrashed by skaven. The list was basically a hard counter. I took the first turn, so I could alpha his stormvermin and between supa sneaky and fastun I got gobsprakk, the gutrippaz, and the sludgeraker within charge range on t1. The sludgeraker charged and took THANQUOL's unleash hell, the gutrippaz got in, but gobsprakk failed on a reroll. I ended up not even killing half of the 30 strong stormvermin and got thrashed on the counter. Also he had ravenak's jaws, which is nigh impossible to zone out but he had it on teleporting wizards. The only spell I unbound all game was arcane bolt on t4, and the only spell I cast was mystic shield on t1. It took me 2 attempts to dispel the jaws, and each of the first two hits did 8 mortals to the boltboyz.

thx for sharing and gratz on the victory game! 💪💪 what was your take vs the OBR? on paper feels like we should be decent against them being elite and susceptible to MW, although obv the general power lvl of that book greatly supersedes our own

On 5/10/2023 at 10:44 PM, Vasshpit said:

I friggin hate limited edition... 

Can I just buy the damn thing, Geedubs...

Screenshot_20230510_163903_eBay.jpg.5ac5715b62673fcda19acef733924496.jpg

From today's a Sunday preview:

"In future, look out for other event miniatures returning to sale via Made to Order for a limited time after their event window has closed."

Still far from perfect, since there's no timescale on how long we might have to wait for them (other than at least beyond their event window) but it's a step in the right direction.

My ideal would be immediately after the last event/store anniversary/whatever there is a window to pre-order the exclusive minis. Make it reliable so we know how long we have to wait. People will still go to events and people will even still buy from scalpers, but those of us who aren't in a rush will at least know when we can buy the mini for a sensible (by GW standards) price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Game 4 loss vs FEC. It was a close game, he got through the gutrippaz on t1, and I failed to take out his unit of 6 flayers despite shooting them with all 12 boltboyz, one survived. On turn 2 he retreated the flayers and i tanked his monsters with the other hobgrots and gutrippaz, I took out both monsters that turn with shooting and the waaagh!. Turn 3 he healed back 5 flayers and got did 11 mortals to the sludgeraker with their shooting, and crippled my boltboyz with their shooting so I couldn't really unleash hell. Normally I don't like to blame the dice, but getting a t2 or t3 double, or finishing those flayers would have really pushed the game in my favor.

Game 5 was a win vs bonesplitterz, he came in hard, my sludgeraker did only 1 damage vs the rogue idol then died to laser eyes, but he couldn't threaten the boltboys so I pushed him back.

Overall I really liked the 30 block of gutrippaz, it felt like I had way more options tactically and a good way to threaten objectives early game, but the list felt lacking in damage, and Gobsprakk was very disappointing. Everything he does is just so inconsistent, its like a slot machine, i like the arcane tome killaboss way more, but he can't take sneaky miasma anymore.

8 hours ago, woolf said:

thx for sharing and gratz on the victory game! 💪💪 what was your take vs the OBR? on paper feels like we should be decent against them being elite and susceptible to MW, although obv the general power lvl of that book greatly supersedes our own

The player wasn't that experienced with them yet, and didn't have katakros. The battleplan didn't help but I think the power level difference is just too big. They get ward saves they can bump up to 5+s and access to tons of healing, so they're pretty resilient even against MW and shooting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, woolf said:

Gobsprakk should be good now with the addition of the extra magic dice, or what do you reckon?

I agree, gonna be likely to get that d6 dmg unbind now! Very scary for those small wound wizards that are going to be popular. 

• Like 1

So we are getting a new unit finally! I wonder if everything will be part of a 8 models unit or we will end with something similar the seraphon warband which ended beeing 3 units. Been called monster hunters, I don't expect they do much in the end ruleswise.

N40kPrev WCOrruks Jul01 Squad

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:12 AM, woolf said:

Gobsprakk should be good now with the addition of the extra magic dice, or what do you reckon?

He's certainly better. Taking him and hoarding all the primal dice for unbinds could be a good play.

That said I think this set of battle tactics are even worse for us than the last set.

On 7/1/2023 at 2:55 PM, Arzalyn said:

So we are getting a new unit finally! I wonder if everything will be part of a 8 models unit or we will end with something similar the seraphon warband which ended beeing 3 units. Been called monster hunters, I don't expect they do much in the end ruleswise.

N40kPrev WCOrruks Jul01 Squad

Yeah I'm pretty curious to see how good these 5 morruks, 2 baboons and egg-carrying grot are at killing monsters in AoS 😄

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Yeah I'm pretty curious to see how good these 5 morruks, 2 baboons and egg-carrying grot are at killing monsters in AoS 😄

Maybe +1 to hit against a monster who did a charge, if you didn't move last turn and on a roll of 2+, assuming no other enemy units within 3" 🤔? no actually lets make that 3+ and I think we are getting there! Boo yah, take em monster eggs down! !

Actually like the models though 😂

For me I hope they have either some interesting trap mechanic or movement shenanigans, the first would be flavourful and as we discussed before something that we should have in the identity of the army, the latter can probably help us a bit given how slow we are..

I'd like them to be extra sneaky and tricksy, being hard to get your hand upon and able to mess with objectives. 

Something like being able to move them around while the egg-carying carapace-wearing grot is still alive, the egg representing the piece of value (a.k.a, the objective) being stolen. 

This, plus some command shenanigans would be perfect ihmo. 

And then, two Hp per model, a 5+ save (because of the nice skull helmets) and some poisoned attack, and we're good! 

Edited by Swamp Trogg

• 3 months later...

Rules for the new Monsta-Killaz are up.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/3AvUmpR7caClqXZF.pdf

What do people think?

In my opinion they sound pretty good against monsters, but that's about it
Many attacks per model and 2 inch range which is good for venom I guess.
If they were battleline I might've used them, but now I feel like I won't ever use them.

Edited by Sabush

48 minutes ago, Sabush said:

Rules for the new Monsta-Killaz are up.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/3AvUmpR7caClqXZF.pdf

What do people think?

In my opinion they sound pretty good against monsters, but that's about it
Many attacks per model and 2 inch range which is good for venom I guess.
If they were battleline I might've used them, but now I feel like I won't ever use them.

They are better Gutrippas with some anti-monster tec. If there were battle-line they would completely replace Gutrippas in most lists. The problem is unless your playing bolt boys spam, you've already got at least 2 units of Gutrippas to fill in mandatory battleline and don't really need more units that fulfil the same role.  1 unit mainly as anti-monster tech is definitely viable though, no rampage and strike last is a powerful combo, use it to babysit your Sludge Raker and not many monsters will want to go there.  Especially funny with Treelords as you turn off their strike last rampage then hit them with strike last.

17 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

They are better Gutrippas with some anti-monster tec. If there were battle-line they would completely replace Gutrippas in most lists.

Fair point. Maybe they could've given them the Hobgrot-treatment? 1 BL for every Gutrippa-unit.
Or maybe make them slightly less killy than Gutrippaz, the anti monster tech would've been enough to consider them.

I do like the anti-treelord thing, as a regular gaming buddy of mine is starting Sylvaneth :D

• Like 1