Tales of Sigmar - Tale of Gamers - Month 3

TalesOfSigmar

banner2.jpg

Month 1 entrants can be found here.

Month 2 entrants can be found here.

We're seeing some great progress as Month 2 comes to a close, people's armies are beginning to build up quite well as we enter Month 3. If you've missed a month (this is directed at myself too) you can continue with a larger budget to catch up on the task.

Format of posts is completely up to you but a template as a recommendation of how it should be is as followed.

Army -

Month 3 Budget: £50 (+ whatever you had left last month)
Month 3 Spend:
Remaining Budget:

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next month. Deadline for Month 3 is Wednesday 12th October.

MFnEylvH0Vw.jpg

Army - Nurgle Rotbringers

Month 3 Budget: £100.50 (Month 3 - £50 + 50p from Month 1 + £50 from Month 2)
Month 3 Spend:
Blightkings - £26.80 (Goblin Gaming)
Blightkings - £26.80 (Goblin Gaming)
Nurglings - £12.40 (Goblin Gaming)

Remaining Budget: £34.50

So after a Month 2 of hecticness and illness (yes Nurgle's Rot was taking over me already) I ended up producing absolutely nothing for my Rotbringer army. So it's time to step up and get back on track for Month 3.

My aim this month is to continue to add to the Blightkings, Gutrot Spume from last month demanded more minions to lead so another 10 have been purchased for the cause. In game I'll probably run them as a unit of ten and a unit of five, though there's always the options of running them as one big 15 man unit or three small five man units.

Additionally I've ordered some Nurglings just to be annoying back-field objective holders. I love the fact if you don't kill them outright they return to full wounds in the battleshock phase, I've face off against these and they can really hold down a unit in combat if they don't do enough wounds. Having the Nurglings makes the army lose the Rotbringers allegiance but it does allow Daemons of Nurgle. Down the line there's the possibility of having just a whole Chaos Nurgle army rather than just one allegiance.

Now to get assembling and painting.

Army - Legion of Azgorh/Beastmen

Month 3 Budget: £54 (£4 remaining from Month 2)

Month 3 Spend: 

Infernal Guard Ironsworn - £39

Demonsmiths: £20

Total Spend: £59

Remaining Budget: £-4

So after a rather hectic month (who knew working full time and trying to write a PhD thesis would leave so little time for the hobby) I’ve managed to get very little done. Anyhew, what little I have managed this month is to assemble the Iron Daemon War Engine (mostly), and begun painting it. I’ve also had a stab at the beginnings of its base. Still enjoying playing around with the industrial look and having fun coming up with different ideas of how to go about doing it.

Iron Daemon - Base.jpg

With what’s left over and a little of next month’s budget I’m planning on adding 10 Ironsworn and 3 Daemonsmiths, or 2 Daemonsmiths and a Castellan depending on how the mood takes me (and finishing last months stuff obviously). I’d love to give some time to making one of the daemonsmith’s bases more ostentatious than the others, giving him a higher status than the rest. I like the idea of him communing or summoning a daemon from some sort of magical/mechanical pedestal, will see what I can do.

Once the Chaos Dwarf contingent is out of the way next month I’ll get started on the enslaved Beastmen part of the force. I’m hoping this month might be slightly quieter than the last, although I’m not holding my breath.

Army - Destruction

Month 3 Budget: £50 (+ £7.70)
Month 3 Spend: £20.50 - Moonclan Grots
Remaining Budget: £38.20

Mission Objective - Don't suck.

Ok, so after the weekend I will have moved house and hopefully everything will have settled down. No more holidays planned and stuff. So I really want to actually get something done for you all. So it's banner bearer, what little work needs doing on the boar boyz, and as many moonclan as I can handle! My reward when it is all done is a gargant!

Army - Sylvaneth

Month 3 Budget: C50 (+ £3.5)
Month 3 Spend:  £60
Remaining Budget: -£6.5

For month 3 Im going to paint a unit of Kurnoth Hunters and 10 more Dryads. This will bring my army to a 1000 points, and it will be finished for now. Im just getting into AOS and I need to play a few games before I take the army up to 2000 points.

Im also starting to get a litte fatigued, normally Im not so well structured when it comes to painting an army, so this project is a little unusual for me. But it has been very rewarding, and Im proud of what I have done so far. But it is starting to get a little tedious and I need to paint something else.

Next month I will probably do some Sylvanth Wyldwoods and some other terrain pieces for my gaming table. And I might just go back to what got me started on AOS in the first place, the Ironjaws.

Assembled and ready for month 3.

IMG_8174.JPG

So month 3 is upon us and I'm pleased to not be the only one struggling, (mostly because I've been distracted working on 40k Red Scorpions).  Bearing this in mind for month 3 I'm aiming to consolidate what I've done so far, i.e. get the Bloodreavers and Bloodstoker finished.  I've also got the Mighty Lord of Khorne and Bloodsecrator to do and if I get these complete I'll have done all of the Bloodbound from the AoS starter set.

month3_zpsx1ghmzks.jpg

If the Mighty Lord of Khorne and Bloodsecrator were in individual packs they'd probably total about £30.

Army - Destruction

Month 2 Budget: £50
Month 2 Spend: £25.50 A box of brutes

Total Spend: £25.50
Remaining Budget: £34.75

So month 3 kicks off an I find myself playing catch up month 2 was slow for me so I decided not to spend too much buying a single box of brutes because I love the models and I wanted to buy something. However I have decided to pace myself by setting in my mind a realistic target each week so this week I will aim to get all the models from last month basecoated white and get the brutes assembled. Then next week I will aim to get the main colour yellow done etc.... The main aim for me is to take more pics of my models in progress and do a army pic at the end of the month to show how the force is coming along.  Fingers crossed ;) 

Army Destruction

Month 2: N/À

Month 3: Start Collecting Iron Jaws

Budget 100

Spent 100

Well I just got into AoS and I hope to use this community to motivate me to keep my faction ADD at bay and complete a good sized IronJaws/Destruction army.   Hope to have these assembled, undercoated and start paint by the October 7tg deadline. Picture of my progress to come. 20160916_120500.jpg

Army - Chaos plus scenery

Month 3 budget - £150 (£100 months 1 and 2)

Month 3 spend - £134 Numinous Occulum, Dragonfate Dais, Garden of Morr, Baleful realmgates, Lord of Plagues

I am planning to do an armies on parade board but have already painted up the majority of figures for that and I figure that I can't go wrong with painting up the scenery whether it makes it onto the final board or not. This will mainly be bloodbound but I am going to move onto nurgle for this project, I have left myself enough change to pick up a glottkin and nurgle start collecting over the next couple of months. I have always disliked nurgle and never thought I would want an army, however I picked up a Lord of plagues as a one off miniature and loved painting it. Looking forward to getting some blight kings in the future aswell.

Progress so far:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So far this week ive fallen behind on painting the brutes and gore gruntas so im guna aim to get the ard boyz all done, there is good news though I have painted my first warchanter for the army which I really enjoyed painting especially his .... sticks. His base is now fully finished IMG_2314.JPG

Hi all, just a quick heads-up to let you know that I already fumbled my month 2, only assembling and priming part of the Start Collecting box I had bought :( 

WIPAoS.JPG

So now I'm way behind my schedule and I don't think I'll make it, as a lot of IRL events are incoming...

My Stormcast + Sylvaneth project is still in the back of my head and if by any chance I manage to catch up with my objectives you can be sure i'll post it here, but as I'm not expecting it myself I prefer to warn you ! Better than just disappearing without saying a word :)

Month 3 was planned to be a Branchwraith and two units of Dryads.

This Tales helped me develop my AoS project in new directions and paint a few more minis, so it is still great.

Keep up the good work everyone, It's always a pleasure to see all this progress ! :)

With omorrow being the start of month 4 I figured I would put a progress update for what I accomplished during month 3. 

I purchased the Ironjaws Start collecting box in preparation for an escalation league that will start on October 17th. My hope was that I could get most of it done before the first game but I am a slow painter. That being said I was very productive. 

As I hate basing I decided to start with that and make and paint all the bases first so that I could then concentrate on the fun stuff. I think they turned out well. Below are WIP since I don't have a pic of the completed product. 

20160920_205920.jpg

This has the side effect is that now I have completed bases and unpainted models. I have managed to get the warchanter and Ard Boys skin painted and the first level of highlights done on their armor. Which is good enough to get them on their bases and ready for the game. 

20161008_225925.jpg20161008_230141.jpg20161008_230022.jpg

As of tonight my Gore Gruntas are well on the way to being ready for the base. Their fur is almost done. Only the hoofs remain before they are ready for the game. I hope to finish the entire force over the course of the next month. 

20161011_220406.jpg

So this is how far I've got with this months stuff...

wip-stuff_zpswrgrf0ys.jpg

and...

large.bloodstoker.JPG.0c534993c9b9bbfe74

I've finished the Bloodstoker and 1 of the 19 half done Blood Reavers.  I also managed to get enough colour on Khourgus Khul to assemble him so his backside and inside of his cloak are done.  It's not that I haven't been hobbying I've been doing loads of other stuff, just when I'm supposed to be working on one thing I always find myself doing something else.

Basically if I can't get significantly caught up next month then I'm going to have to drop out.

Orruks are coming along nicely, good luck in getting them ready for your tournament.

So I switched out a bit of my scenery choices, but managed to get a balewind vortex, dreadfire portal and magewrath throne and a throne of skulls completed for my armies on parade board. Got myself the start collecting nurgle daemons for month 4 so might actually start making an army.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 12/9/2016 at 11:37 PM, Nixon said:

Army - Sylvaneth

Month 3 Budget: C50 (+ £3.5)
Month 3 Spend:  £60
Remaining Budget: -£6.5

For month 3 Im going to paint a unit of Kurnoth Hunters and 10 more Dryads. This will bring my army to a 1000 points, and it will be finished for now. Im just getting into AOS and I need to play a few games before I take the army up to 2000 points.

Im also starting to get a litte fatigued, normally Im not so well structured when it comes to painting an army, so this project is a little unusual for me. But it has been very rewarding, and Im proud of what I have done so far. But it is starting to get a little tedious and I need to paint something else.

Next month I will probably do some Sylvanth Wyldwoods and some other terrain pieces for my gaming table. And I might just go back to what got me started on AOS in the first place, the Ironjaws.

Assembled and ready for month 3.

I didn't exactly reach my goal, I do not really have any excuses apart from feeling a little burnt out on painting twigs. 

My Kurnoth Hunters are almost done, all I need to do is finish the bases.

The Dryads on the other hand, well they are still far off. I will bring them into month four.

20161012_190724.jpg

20161012_190926.jpg

Archived