Jump to content

Converting Symbaresh Twinsouls


Arzalyn
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was looking at the Symbaresh/Painbringer kit and was thinking if it was possible to get a nice unit of 10 symbaresh with the bits (after you build 2x painbringers) using another kit bodies. Did anyone around here did something similar to this?

My first idea would be to try using some of Daughters witches bodies or some Drukhari wyches or kabalites bodies (their aesthetic seen to fit well with slaanesh), but as all those units are on 25mm bases I'm afraid the proportions can end a little off... Anyone that own any of those armies/kits could provide a picture of them next to each other for reference?

Edited by Arzalyn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Might be easier to use chaos warriors and switch weapons/heads

Didn't think about, that could work! Specially with the Painbringers bits using the new ones bodies, as it appears there is 3 of them that have shields attached to the bodies.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the opposite, making Twinsouls from the proper kit, and then Painbringers from the spare arms plus 40k Sister of Silence bodies.

It worked well enough but it's worth noting that the arms in the kit are very chunky, I can say for certain they will look too big on DoK elf bodies, they even look a little big on the fully armoured sisters of silence, tbh.  So Chaos Warriors are an option, potentially Stormcast bodies might work well.  I was eyeing up the High Elf blood bowl team as a potential kitbash too, which might make for some more dynamic looking twinsouls.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

I'm doing that exact thing with my pain bringers and twinsouls. I'm using the legs of idoneth thralls, and the chest/ shoulder from executioners. Rest of arms heads weapons etc should hopefully come together nicely. 

Interesting! Would you mind sharing some photos of them?

8 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I did the opposite, making Twinsouls from the proper kit, and then Painbringers from the spare arms plus 40k Sister of Silence bodies.

It worked well enough but it's worth noting that the arms in the kit are very chunky, I can say for certain they will look too big on DoK elf bodies, they even look a little big on the fully armoured sisters of silence, tbh.  So Chaos Warriors are an option, potentially Stormcast bodies might work well.  I was eyeing up the High Elf blood bowl team as a potential kitbash too, which might make for some more dynamic looking twinsouls.

I'm starting to see that conversing the Painbringers will be easier, has there is many more options of heavy amored bodies around. SCE is a good idea! The new thunderstrike models have a quiet simple armor that should fit quit well with some bits/slaanesh simples painted here and there. Maybe Vanquishers body would be a good idea? Their body looks quiet clean.

Would you mind sharing some photos of your conversion as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am currently building my Twinsouls, and plan to build Painbringers using leftover Sanguinary Guard bodies from 40k. (Making Primaris sized Sanguinary Guard from Stormcast, so this makes a cascade of kits helping multiple units!)

Haven't done any test fits, but sill show off progress as I do!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Would you mind sharing some photos of your conversion as well?

Sure.  

In retrospect I do think it might've been more fun to kitbash twinsouls, as the daemon/mortal hybrid flavour of the unit leaves space for a lot of different interpretation whilst the official models are a little plain.  But converting painbringers is certainly the easier option.

20211208_155159.jpg

20211126_163201.jpg

  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I saw some interesting conversions on google images of twinsouls made from the warcry khainite shadowstalkers with twinsoul heads. Seemed to work quite well.

 

I've also been doing some painbringer conversions using howling banshee bodies because I wanted to try doing a sort of chaos valkyrie unit (each one has a single tyranid gargoyle wing coming off their backs too for that motif)

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, Lightbox said:

I've also been doing some painbringer conversions using howling banshee bodies because I wanted to try doing a sort of chaos valkyrie unit (each one has a single tyranid gargoyle wing coming off their backs too for that motif)

Do you have pictures of these?

And do you know if the drukhari wyches' legs in particular, but bodies and heads also, would work with the symbaresh parts? I would like my symbaresh to have much more aggressive poses if i buy them, like the wyches do. The symbaresh twinsouls are disserviced from being dual kitted with the myrmidesh painbringers in my opinion, as they are locked into stationary leg poses that fit the myrmidesh much better unless you convert them.

Edited by JackOfBlades
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JackOfBlades said:

Do you have pictures of these?

And do you know if the drukhari wyches' legs in particular, but bodies and heads also, would work with the symbaresh parts? I would like my symbaresh to have much more aggressive poses if i buy them, like the wyches do. The symbaresh twinsouls are disserviced from being dual kitted with the myrmidesh painbringers in my opinion, as they are locked into stationary leg poses that fit the myrmidesh much better unless you convert them.

I will try and grab some pics when I get home! 

As for Wyches I'm unsure, I think they're quite similar in scale to the sisters of silence but I'm unsure as I don't think I have any to hand? But you could very easily use predominantly witches to make decent twinsouls. With the whole possession angle of them I think any arms being slightly larger or some such could work for that or you could take the roman gladiator route and have the whole one armoured arm sort of thing if the symbaresh arms are a bit too big to do pairs.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 11:12 PM, Lightbox said:

I am very forgetful this week but I finally got some pics for you!!

20220610_221059.jpg

20220610_221111.jpg

Hmmm... is it the perspective or does the second head look a bit oversized for that body? maybe it's the massive head tail that does it. The poses are certainly more active, i like the second pose in particular but i also think the first pose will look better once it's placed in a unit.

Edited by JackOfBlades
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

These look great, I've been thinking about ways to convert more Symbaresh.

It makes complete sense to do so, instead of the uniform painbringers, Symbaresh value their independance and having them with different converted looks makes a lot of sense. Keep the ideas coming!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...