Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BloodyMurder

Most fun heroes to play

Hi all, just wondering what your favourite heroes to play as are? I personally love the excelsior warpriest, plenty of things to do, can do a little of everything. I have also found that the necromancer can be quite fun with the skellies.

What would your recommendations be? Are there any you don't like? Looking forward to hearing about it!

Once I finished painting my Knight-Senator, I started using him in Silver Tower. He's just ridiculous, with 2 damage on his 1+ weapon attack (that hits on a 3+) just destroying enemies. Plus, the Star-fated arrow (which is a once-per-respite attack) deals 5 damage on a 2+ to hit. He's definitely an "easy mode" hero, but he's tons of fun to play.

• Like 1

The Runelord's my personal favourite, he can buff all the other heroes with an extra point of damage and has a really easy automatic stun attack. Definitely check him out if you're a team player. 

LoC. I love it when Infernal Gateway goes off big. And because he's so vulnerable to damage, he makes for an interesting tactical game, jostling for position. 

On 12/7/2016 at 4:52 PM, hobgoblinclub said:

LoC. I love it when Infernal Gateway goes off big. And because he's so vulnerable to damage, he makes for an interesting tactical game, jostling for position. 

I think you may have the wrong game system there (check which subforum :P).   Admittedly I'm sure a playable LoC would be a lot of fun in WQ.

I like that the Tzeentch sorcerer can influence the enemies' actions, which can make him quite a shifty ally (great for fluff).

The Slaughterpriest is an interesting character to play, killing off people to heal your allies requires co-operative planning and often use of the Destiny Dice

Slightly off-topic, but I look forward to fighting the Skaven Deathrunner so he can split into two models and be a right nuisance. I also really like how its behaviour changes dependant on if it's quarry is dead or not.

Hmm, should probably write some Hero rules for it now...

Edited by Circus of Paint

On 3/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, Circus of Paint said:

Slambo - mostly so I over-use his name and mime throwing axes at people!

Does Slambo have a hero card or are you using him as a proxy for something else? I don't see him on the My Hero app.

2 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Does Slambo have a hero card or are you using him as a proxy for something else? I don't see him on the My Hero app.

It was in the March issue of White Dwarf. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rokapoke said:

It was in the March issue of White Dwarf. 

Ah, damn. Just started my subscription with April! Oh well...

Gordrakk, fist of Gork! He's not particularly good for his points cost, as a Frostlord on Stonehorn is probably better, but he's a rage machine for sure.

On 07/04/2017 at 4:25 PM, Beau said:

Gordrakk, fist of Gork! He's not particularly good for his points cost, as a Frostlord on Stonehorn is probably better, but he's a rage machine for sure.

Talking about Quest here, not AoS. ;)

In my last game of Silver Tower, me and my friend managed to get the unexpected event that adds a companion Hero not once but twice! First time around was the Excelsior Warpriest (not exciting, but his healing was helpful for the party).

Later on in the final chamber ("Overwhelmed", waves of Scuttlings), half the party is down and we get another companion chucked in, an Orruk Warchanter of all things (the choice of Hero was randomised)! His WHQ debut for us!

The Warchanter dancing around the room repeatedly drumming Grots to death was amusing to say the least!

Darkoath Chieftain for me.
Maybe just because I love the simple focus of a pure melee monster.
Maybe because he looks like an 80s action anti-hero.
Maybe because he makes me think of playing the Barbarian in Heroquest.
I can't define it, but he just makes me happy :)

Whilst I love the model for the Darkoath Chieftain, I struggle to make him work effectively as a Hero. Really hard to pull off his Renown bonus!