Maggotkin of Nurgle Hobby Thread

Neil Arthur Hotep

Use this thread to show off your Nurgle models, lore or whatever other creative stuff you can think of!

I'll get us started with some old pictures of what I have painted since the book's release:

1948274540_20211206_2115451.jpg.a5848a6d39ad8cecf3c8238a40a98906.jpg20211229_102131.jpg.5d46a86723050809b14c9c3662853fea.jpg20211229_101322.jpg.a125677086c8e533b268099fcedb9755.jpg

I really enjoy painting Nurgle stuff. Being able to just go at it with all the messy techniques you want is really relaxing. It has even given me the motivation to tackle a Hurricanum that I have been neglecting for a few months for being all trim and clean, shiny metallics. Nurgle is a real chill out army to paint and I'm really glad I got into the faction for that reason.

• Like 10

Nurgle is really interesting to paint in that it looks great with some dirty rough and ready washes, but you can easily go full Golden Demon with the blending and skin tones. Good looking stuff! Dare I ask if it's the new Vanguard box? I'm sorely (no pun intended) tempted.

1 minute ago, Wordy9th said:

Nurgle is really interesting to paint in that it looks great with some dirty rough and ready washes, but you can easily go full Golden Demon with the blending and skin tones. Good looking stuff! Dare I ask if it's the new Vanguard box? I'm sorely (no pun intended) tempted.

It's an old Maggotkin Start Collecting I got as a gift. But the new Vanguard box has nearly the same stuff in it, minus a Lord of Blights and plus some demons. Once I have painted the last Pusgoyle Blightlord from this box, I'll probably pick up the Vanguard box and a Maggoth Lord next, which would put me well on the way towards 2000 points. Which is still kind of crazy for me to think about, since I'm so used to painting 30 models to get a 200 point unit on the table for Soulblight,

I'd say go for the Glottkin!!!  You can get in some games and then save up for the GUO later.  The Glotts are cheaper $$$ wise and more points so you get more bang for your buck starting the army up.  It doesn't look like you're going for Befouling host right out of the gates.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:34 PM, Nirvana said:

I'd say go for the Glottkin!!!  You can get in some games and then save up for the GUO later.  The Glotts are cheaper $$$ wise and more points so you get more bang for your buck starting the army up.  It doesn't look like you're going for Befouling host right out of the gates.

Sounds good, and would pretty much leave me at 2000 points. One of the least expensive AoS armies to get into at this point. Probably will be going for a mix of mortals and daemons until I get more units.

Just got the first coat of paint on this guy, wasn't a big fan of the sculpt until I had it built and primed, but it's a really characterful mini and I'm looking forward to hopefully doing a decent paint job! 😁

IMG_20220207_225511.jpg.fdd2a05df6a567044b8fdd095b22d297.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...