AoS 3 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Neil Arthur Hotep

On 3/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, Fellman said:
Hi im thinking of a demon themed list and hoping for som feadback on advise on batalions
Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs:
LEADERS
Great Unclean One (495) - General - Command Trait: Nurgling Infestation - Plague Flail & Doomsday Bell - Artefact: The Witherstave - Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)
Rotbringer Sorcerer (145) - Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease Horticulous Slimux (225)
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (450)
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Soulscream Bridge (70) TOTAL: 1955/2000 DROPS: 9

nurgle22.jpg

I play kinda the same list (excepy i changed 10 PBs, Sloppity, Bridge+Sourcerer for Morbidex and 6 Nurglings...just for fun).

I always go for a battle regiment, because i don't really see the benefit of another artefact or hunters and choosing to go first to sit on objectives seems essential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

I play kinda the same list (excepy i changed 10 PBs, Sloppity, Bridge+Sourcerer for Morbidex and 6 Nurglings...just for fun).

I always go for a battle regiment, because i don't really see the benefit of another artefact or hunters and choosing to go first to sit on objectives seems essential.

Thanx man was thinking 2x batelregiments one with GuO and one whit Slimux for 2 drops

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, Archibald said:

What do you guys think of Be'Lakor in Maggotkin? I start seeing more lists that use him.

How would you take advantage of him?

I dont think its so much that he synergies with Nurgle but more the fact he counters those big point units like 6 Longstrikes, Morathi etc. 

I have played him a fair bit in a Be'lakor + max Pusgoyle list and it worked flawlessly. One drop army that can double move and shut down a unit potentially for 2 turns is strong. Loads of easy battle tactics to achieve. 

I think I will be replacing him going forward for Bloab to free up ally points for the new Incarnate. It looks really strong. 

Hey everybody,

I‘ll be facing a Lumineth Army soon (in our local League), it‘ll probably be Sentinels Heavy and incl.Teclis, any ideas what‘s a good counter line up? I habe most of the Nurgle Roster at hand,so i‘m very flexible,but have no idea which units work best against a Sentinels/Teclis list?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 2:24 AM, Tizianolol said:

Guus a question about epidemius, each hero phase i can roll for rerolls, every turn i lose rerolls not spend or if turn 1 i still got 3 rerolls , turn 2 i got 3 + other rolls? Thx a lot!

You build up and use rerolls across the entire game.  So you keep unused ones between turns but the most rerolls you can use is 7 across the entire game. 

• Like 1

Has anyone got some games in with triple Maggoth Lords? 

On paper they are great being killy, fast (for nurgle) and with great unique abilities but I've not seem any battle reports with people going "Full Maggoth"?

Thinking something like 3 M Lords, Lord of Afflictions,  3*2 Blightlords and 2*3 Nurglings.

Only 15 models but plenty of bite!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

On paper they are great being killy, fast (for nurgle) and with great unique abilities but I've not seem any battle reports with people going "Full Maggoth"?

Thinking something like 3 M Lords, Lord of Afflictions,  3*2 Blightlords and 2*3 Nurglings.

I've had a single Maggoth Lord on backorder literally since the army book dropped. The thought of obtaining three of them just seems so absolutely impossible to me haha. 

Edited by Grimrock

35 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I got one direct from GW, but planning on doing conversions for the other two.  

Yeah I'm in Canada and they haven't been available on the GW site or the biggest online retailer since the book dropped. Put in an order at the FLGS but the models simply don't exist in this country for some reason. The fact that they're just easily available on the GW site for the UK is... so frustrating haha.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

You should combine the Nurglings for maximum usage of Morbidex abbility to bring a modell back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, peasant said:

Hope the nurgle bunch IS doing ok

We're all feeling a bit under the weather :)

But seriously what are people's expectations/hopes for the 2022 Generals Hand Book?
 I think that generally we're in a good place but would like to see Pusgoyle Blightlords and Beasts of Nurgle go up slightly and most of the heroes (not Maggoth Lords) go down slightly to improve internal balance.  The Glottkin are probably the unit most in need of a serious discount, down to 600 would be great without being over powered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

We're all feeling a bit under the weather :)

But seriously what are people's expectations/hopes for the 2022 Generals Hand Book?
 I think that generally we're in a good place but would like to see Pusgoyle Blightlords and Beasts of Nurgle go up slightly and most of the heroes (not Maggoth Lords) go down slightly to improve internal balance.  The Glottkin are probably the unit most in need of a serious discount, down to 600 would be great without being over powered.

I think those sound pretty good but I'm a little more pessimistic since Nurgle seems to be getting some decent tournament success. I'm guessing we'll see bumps to the beasts, pusgoyles, lord of afflictions, maggoth lords, and maybe nurglings. We probably won't see any significant decreases even though, like you said, the Glottkin and the GUO really need them. 

I'm also really curious to see how the rules change. The rumor was that they'll start to emphasize battleline and single wound infantry in particular. Since we don't have any single wound models at all it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. Hopefully GW is far sighted enough to realize that if they change the rules to favor things we can't access and also give us huge points hikes it'll just nerf us into oblivion, but I don't have a lot of faith in them for that.

17 hours ago, Grimrock said:

I think those sound pretty good but I'm a little more pessimistic since Nurgle seems to be getting some decent tournament success. I'm guessing we'll see bumps to the beasts, pusgoyles, lord of afflictions, maggoth lords, and maybe nurglings. We probably won't see any significant decreases even though, like you said, the Glottkin and the GUO really need them. 

I'm also really curious to see how the rules change. The rumor was that they'll start to emphasize battleline and single wound infantry in particular. Since we don't have any single wound models at all it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. Hopefully GW is far sighted enough to realize that if they change the rules to favor things we can't access and also give us huge points hikes it'll just nerf us into oblivion, but I don't have a lot of faith in them for that.

Yeah, very much listed what I'd like to see, but suspect it'll be nearer what your saying in reality.

I've not heard anything about 1 wound infantry specifically, just focus on battle-line infantry, which would be fine by us.  Would be bazar if any buffs are limited to 1 wound models given many armies just don't have access to them.  I suspect a more likely restriction is something like under 5 wounds and under movement 10".  Although the 5 wound blight-king champs could scupper us in that case.

Played two games against Daughters of Khaine last night and found our crazy resilience a perfect foil to their glass cannon nature.  Neither of us were playing optinised list, just getting a feel for various units.  My opponent just couldn't do enough damage to stop signification counter attacks every time he engaged.  A single unit of 4 Blightlords in particular just bullied everything.  Best he could ever do with his hammer units was kill one model (plus some spill over wounds) and get crippled by the strike back.

Both missions where objectives in the middle which also played to my advantage.

The only really underwhelming unit for me was a Filthbringers Rot coven which requires so much investment to be threatening (arcane tomb, spell enhancement, spell mirror) but is still unreliable. I did get off the Spell Mirror + Rancid visitations combo off a few times but it was far from game changing even against a horde-y army.  I will definitely experiment with them more perhaps multiple cheap endless spells or the bridge will give me better bang for my buck.  Want to try Epidiemius to improve reliability but suspect that's just throwing good points after bad.

Hello fellow blight-kin.

Cross posting from the old thread I accidentally posted in.

I am building a Nurgle marked slaves to darkness army. I'm incorporating bits from the various Nurgle plastics.

Im going to follow this thread for inspiration, if you don't mind the company?

• LOVE IT! 1

Played Dwarf heavy tempest's eye Cities last night with my magic heavy Nurgle. Really doubled down with the magic, Rot Coven (arcane tomb), Bloab, Poxbringer and Epidimus with the Jaws, Spell Portal and Lifeswarm.  The Jaws in particular did some serious work: sniping heros with mortals then dishing out disease points like they are going out of fashion. 

Bloab with Rancid visitations was also nasty.  He likes staying up close and personal for the debuffs, if you get off visitations against a decent target it just wrecks things.

• Like 1

So what are people's thoughts on the GHB updates and how it will change our competitive nature.  

Generally I feel they level us still in a good place with plenty of options to include as many (or few) Gallet Ventrans as we want and we have plenty of units that can take great advantage of the Bounty hunters battalions. Mass 1 damage attacks is just what you want, so Blightlords and Blightkings are great.

As someone who's been playing with the Rot Covern, the changes to endless spell are exciting. The Jaws are much more dangerous now, Shards at 40 points feel viable for a long range Disease bomb and 24" range Bridge is definitely tempting. Cog also means we have a cheaper alternative to Epidemius for casting re-rolls.

• Like 1

Must say the GHB changes to endless spells mean that the Rot Coven has some real play now.  Just Geninids, Gravetide and Pendulum last night (with a rot coven).  The ability to cover the board in Disease causing models is just wonderful, basically his entire army was taking 4 disease tokens a round, so come round 3 almost all his small units were dead.  Also feels super thematic and helps force enemies to come towards us rather than dance around our slow movement.

Going to try the new Jaw and Shards of V at the weekend. They combo off each other nicely now and can both reach across the board turn one (although Jaws needs some hot dice to do this).

On 6/16/2022 at 4:53 PM, Magnus The Blue said:

Played Dwarf heavy tempest's eye Cities last night with my magic heavy Nurgle. Really doubled down with the magic, Rot Coven (arcane tomb), Bloab, Poxbringer and Epidimus with the Jaws, Spell Portal and Lifeswarm.  The Jaws in particular did some serious work: sniping heros with mortals then dishing out disease points like they are going out of fashion. 

Bloab with Rancid visitations was also nasty.  He likes staying up close and personal for the debuffs, if you get off visitations against a decent target it just wrecks things.

What is your verdict on Epidemius?

4 minutes ago, Archibald said:

What is your verdict on Epidemius?

Very good. He's a middling combat hero at best but hard to kill and combined with a Rot coven (or a decent selection of other casters) lets you dominate the magic against anything short of Teclis/Naggash.  With cheaper and better endless spells in GBH22 I think he's a solid investment. Rerolling a few key casts/unbinds/dispels can really swing games now.

20 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Very good. He's a middling combat hero at best but hard to kill and combined with a Rot coven (or a decent selection of other casters) lets you dominate the magic against anything short of Teclis/Naggash.  With cheaper and better endless spells in GBH22 I think he's a solid investment. Rerolling a few key casts/unbinds/dispels can really swing games now.

What did the rest of your list look like?

Edited by Archibald

14 minutes ago, Archibald said:

What did the rest of your list look like?

I've run a few variations but always with a Rot Coven with arcane tomb, 2-3 endless spells (mirror is great for rancid visitations), and at least one more caster (Plague bringer, Bloab or Festus).  Bit of everything in the rest of the army, mixture of BlightLords, BlightKings, Drones, Nurglings and Plague Bearers.