AoS 3 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Neil Arthur Hotep

7 hours ago, ibel said:

And if u stand there and geht Roar't (no CP) and lose 10-11 of your PLaguebearer ?! No Auto BT. But okay was yust a idea.

Not sure what you mean by "Auto BT", do you mean Inspiring Presence to prevent models from running to battleshock? Roar only works in the combat phase, so all you lose out on is +1 hit (All-out Attack) or +1 save (All-out Defense). Thats it. +1 hit on a unit you generally dont rely on doing damage is whatever. +1 save on a unit that starts on a 6+ is whatever really.

7 hours ago, ibel said:

okay. in my Players round u had to take Ghur if u want to use the Spell, the Tectonic rule (delete a MZ) But okay than it no matter.

In previous editions realms mattered, either for empowering endless spells or granting you different command abilities/spells etc. In AoS 3.0 with the current Generals Handbook, ALL battles are taking place in Ghur so it doesnt matter. Its just fluff if your army is from X realm now. 

• Like 1

Ended up going 3-1-1 coming in 9/50 something. Got absolutely BODIED by an big wagghh list on my last game. Took one of the best players in the country to a draw. So a good but also "meh" result. REALLY wanted that last game but played like garbage. I made horrible choices. Fatigue had definitely set in but that's what separates the goods from the greats in the tournament scene. 

I can tell u guys i had 3 games in the last Week:

All with this List:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Drowned Men
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (300)*
-
Lore of Malignance: Plague Squall
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
-
General- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench  - Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact) - Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease
Plague Priest (85)*
-
Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
Battleline
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)*- Reinforced x 1
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)*                       - Reinforced x 1
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*                      

Units
10 x Plague Monks (85)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 132
Drops: 1

-First Game Against a other Nurgle List PUR Daemons with GUO, Spoilpox, Tailer, 3x20 Plaguebearer and 3 Drohnes

The Game was, i started and rush into him and then grind him down, but it was very difficult and take to Turn 4 but then all what he got was his GUO and i lost 3 PusgBL and the LoAf. Hard game, the other Nurgle Player make 2 or 3 mistakes but it was okay, the dmg Output was substancel.

-Second Game Against Tzeenth: Kairos, Belakor, The Blues, Herold, 10 Akolyths, 20 PinkK and 10 Pink Horrors

i give him the first turn, he was way too far away for something hard to do, i failed most of my Charges in my first round and was stuckt in the 20 Pinks (with become more and more) but than i got the doppelturn from 1 to 2 and almost every PusgBL charged into Horrors, Akaolyths and destroyed in Turn  2 everything. His Counterattack with Belakor, Kairos and the LoC (summoing) was not as good as he want. So it was almost over in turn 2. (i had 10 VP and the Tzeenth Player 2 so)

- The Game 3 was again the LVO Winner Dragon List with 4 Fulminators (Damm Hit this guys) 4 SC Dragons, and the CitieBallista Boys (30 and 10 and so)

He win the First turn Roll and started. I take the LoAf and 4 PBL and 2 PBL in Deepstrike. He come in killed with the Fulminators (breath and Charge with AlloutAttack and Triumph), the Dragoons (breath) and Delorian (sure she is good to) the 4 PBL on the Point with my last roll and 1 Drohne in the Middel. In my first turn i want to kill the Dragoons. but again just Bloab and the LoAf. i killed 1,5 dargoons and lost just a few Wounds. In turn 2 he take first and killed the LoAf and Bloab with the Fulminators and 1 Drohne. But just in time again, no Overkill. i lost my rats against Shooting and in my turn 2 i charged the 2,5 Dragoons in the Middel with my remaining 6 PBl anf killed all, in the same way i blockt the Fulminators with 2 PBL. Then i got the dobbelturn and fly against his Shooting line, i killed in my back 2 Fulminators and lost 1 Fly, and 2 with Unleash Hell. We skip the game because i was with 10 to 12 at Victory Points behind and see no Chance to come back but it was very close. Maybe next time. i love the List very good.

Hey everybody,

new member and just started Nurgle a couple weeks ago. I‘m currently (try) to build a list for a local league i‘m attending, my first opponent will be Soulblight. Any advices, do‘s and don‘ts for my first matchup? Any concrete Ideas list-wiss?😅

thanks in advance

10 hours ago, diggydoes said:

thanks in advance

Hi and welcome.

I think we need a littel bit more Information.

What is the range on your Modells? Do u want Play Nurgle Daemons or Mortals (or a littel bit of a mix) ? What Point cost ?! .. and so on.

So pls we need a littel bit more Infos.

57 minutes ago, ibel said:

Hi and welcome.

I think we need a littel bit more Information.

What is the range on your Modells? Do u want Play Nurgle Daemons or Mortals (or a littel bit of a mix) ? What Point cost ?! .. and so on.

So pls we need a littel bit more Infos.

😅sure.

It‘s going to be 2k Matches. My built Models are:

- GUO

- Rotigus (can proxy as 2.GUO)

- 30x Plaguebearer

- 5x Blightkings

- 2x Pusgoyle (alternative 1 LoA + Single PG)

- 3x Beasts of Nurgle

- Bilepiper & Scrivener

- 2x 3 Nurglings

- 2x Maggot Lords

- Lord of Blights

unbuilt i have:

- 3x 5 BKs

- 2x PGBL

- 20x PBs

- 3x Nurglings

- Glottkin

- Sorcerer

- 6x Plague Drones

i guess that‘s it😅

Ah and 1 Gnarlmaw, but will use Proxys for additionals.

I like both Mortals and Daemons and tbh as mich as i like the Pusgoyles,i‘m not to fond of fielding more than the ones i currently have.

3 hours ago, diggydoes said:

I like both Mortals and Daemons and tbh as mich as i like the Pusgoyles,i‘m not to fond of fielding more than the ones i currently have.

I would say take this List:

- Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Great Unclean One (495)*
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Command Trait: Nurgling Infestation
- Artefact: The Witherstave
- Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)*
Spoilpox Scrivener, Herald of Nurgle (120)*

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (450)*
- Reinforced x 2
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)*
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*

Units

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 148

Horticulux would be Nize Maybe instat the PBL or the BK.

Have a good time.... (more Beast of Nurgle in a List like this would be nize too ;) look https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/24/metawatch-the-contagious-appeal-of-nurgles-befouling-host-armies/ )

2 hours ago, ibel said:

I would say take this List:

- Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Great Unclean One (495)*
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)*
Spoilpox Scrivener, Herald of Nurgle (120)*

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (450)*
- Reinforced x 2

Units

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 148

Horticulux would be Nize Maybe instat the PBL or the BK.

Have a good time.... (more Beast of Nurgle in a List like this would be nize too ;) look https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/24/metawatch-the-contagious-appeal-of-nurgles-befouling-host-armies/ )

Thx man :)

Forgot,have a unbuilt Horticulous too😅. Would you say this list works especially good against Soulblight? I‘m fairly new and have only played a few smaller Path to Glory games😅

17 hours ago, diggydoes said:

Thx man :)

Forgot,have a unbuilt Horticulous too😅.

Oh cool. Jes i would try him. U got a two drop but i think it could be work.

And sry for so late ansering, ähm if this list is good against Soulblight i couldn say because u can Play very different lots of build with soulblight so.... u could be Play against a Horde of Zombies, just 3-4 very very hard Charakter or 25 Bloodknights or Mass Wolfves or super Powered Graveguard. I dont know…. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ibel said:

Oh cool. Jes i would try him. U got a two drop but i think it could be work.

And sry for so late ansering, ähm if this list is good against Soulblight i couldn say because u can Play very different lots of build with soulblight so.... u could be Play against a Horde of Zombies, just 3-4 very very hard Charakter or 25 Bloodknights or Mass Wolfves or super Powered Graveguard. I dont know…. :D

Thanks again☺️ Yeah i‘ll see and tweak a bit here and there. Good thing is,Soulblights don‘t shoot😅.

I don‘t want to spam Pusgoyles,but saw a Battlerep with a pure PGBL and 2 LoA List against SoB,daaaamn they ripped the giants apart!

2 minutes ago, diggydoes said:

I don‘t want to spam Pusgoyles,but saw a Battlerep with a pure PGBL and 2 LoA List against SoB,daaaamn they ripped the giants apart!

ähm jes. The MassFlyingManArmada is very very good actually. And jes with so a List u really can bring down 1,5-2 Giants a Turn. No joke. so it is….

I went 3-2 at the Old Town Throwdown and finished 17/47.  There were some top tier SoCal players attending.  The list has a lot of board control and a lot of Meta armies can't hit hard enough to shift it off objectives.  The drones and LoA typically deep strike to keep people honest.  I summon in a bilepiper turn 2 for pile in shenanigans or hold off and bring in more Plaguebearers to capture objectives or feed to big monsters as a tar pit.

- Subfaction: Blessed Sons
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Lord of Afflictions (210)**
- General
- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench
- Artefact: The Splithorn Helm
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (145)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Rotbringer Sorcerer (145)**
- Lore of Malignance: Magnificent Buboes

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (300)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (150)
10 x Plaguebearers (150)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)*
3 x Plague Drones (200)*

Core Battalions
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Warlord

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 169
Drops: 10

• Like 1

Three 1000p games on sunday vass thinking of trying this list

Blessed Sons
LEADERS
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (145)*
- General
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
UNITS
3 x Nurglings (105)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
970p

nurgle29.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:39 PM, JCar09 said:

I have a doubt. At what point do the drowned men make the 8 move? before or after it is decided who goes first in the round.

Before it is decided who takes the turn. Its even more iffy because it happens at the same time as when you take control of objectives prior to turn 1 starting.

LVO has decided you get to pregame move and then claim control of objectives, AoS Worlds has decided you get to claim control of objectives, and then do the pregame move. 

What are peoples feelings on one drop deployments for Maggotkin? I am debating between a Battle Regiment vs. Warlord & Hunters of the Heartland battalion for a 2k 1 day event in April. I feel like the tempo hit from going 2nd + possibly not being able to capitalize on a double going into turn 2 makes it a question... List is as follows:

- Triumphs:

LEADERS
Great Unclean One (495)
- Plague Flail & Massive Bilesword
Lord of Afflictions (210)
Gutrot Spume (170)

UNITS
10 x Putrid Blightkings (500) *
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)
10 x Plaguebearers (150)

TOTAL: 1995/2000 

The other outstanding question is who should be the general... Overpowering Stench + Splithorn Helm on the LoA is really strong. However, If I end up deploying everything in the sky/in ambush that would leave just the GUO and plague bearers to soak damage which makes Nurgling Infestation seem pretty important. 

Any feedback and thoughts would be appreciated!

* The unit of 10 PBK have been strangely strong for me? Coherency is a pain but they just don't die, especially if they are in hunters...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, Soggybread said:

I went 3-2 at the Old Town Throwdown and finished 17/47.  There were some top tier SoCal players attending.  The list has a lot of board control and a lot of Meta armies can't hit hard enough to shift it off objectives.  The drones and LoA typically deep strike to keep people honest.  I summon in a bilepiper turn 2 for pile in shenanigans or hold off and bring in more Plaguebearers to capture objectives or feed to big monsters as a tar pit.

- Triumphs:

Leaders
Lord of Afflictions (210)**
- General
- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench
- Artefact: The Splithorn Helm
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (145)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Rotbringer Sorcerer (145)**
- Lore of Malignance: Magnificent Buboes

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (300)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (150)
10 x Plaguebearers (150)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)*
3 x Plague Drones (200)*

Core Battalions
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Warlord

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 169
Drops: 10

We played each other round 1. I enjoyed our game and I look forward to playing you in the future! 

Hi im thinking of a demon themed list and hoping for som feadback on advise on batalions
Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Triumphs:
LEADERS
Great Unclean One (495) - General - Command Trait: Nurgling Infestation - Plague Flail & Doomsday Bell - Artefact: The Witherstave - Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)
Rotbringer Sorcerer (145) - Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease Horticulous Slimux (225)
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (450)
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Soulscream Bridge (70) TOTAL: 1955/2000 DROPS: 9

nurgle22.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fellman said:

Hi im thinking of a demon themed list and hoping for som feadback on advise on batalions

I Would Chance the Brigde against another BoN

So u can go with 5 BoN. But Nice List. A very Similar List go 3te at the Weekend

(And a Pusgoyle Liste with Orghotts was go First/Won ;) )

Hi everybody,

I‘m facing a Idoneth Army next Monday,it will look like this:

- Army Faction: Idoneth Deepkin
     - Subfaction: Fuethán
LEADERS
Eidolon of Mathlann Aspect of the Sea (325)
Isharann Tidecaster (150)
BATTLELINE
10 x Namarti Reavers (170)
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (165)
BEHEMOTH
1 x Akhelian Leviadon (500)
TERRAIN
1 x Gloomtide Shipwreck (0)
TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

any advices for list building or for tactics? I‘m fairly new it‘s my 3.2000p game. Our Battleplan will be „survival of the fittest“.