AoS 3 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Neil Arthur Hotep

10 minutes ago, Zorki said:

Do you think swapping Orghotts to Bloab is worth in this list ? 🤔

No. 

With Glutrot u Play the "All-in-Reserve" Game if u want.

I just say u had no Speel caster but this it is, i Think u can really go this Way, it is very nice and a good/strong List.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, Zorki said:

- Army Faction: Maggotkin of Nurgle
     - Subfaction: Drowned Men
     - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Orghotts Daemonspew (300)
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
     - General
     - Command Traits: Overpowering Stench
     - Artefacts of Power: The Splithorn Helm
Gutrot Spume (170)*
BATTLELINE
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*
TERRAIN
1 x Feculent Gnarlmaw (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  *Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

2 drops

Something to updrage/change ?

I liked Orghotts a lot upon release and exclusively played him, but Im starting to replace him with Bloab in almost all my lists. The thing to note for the Maggoth Lords is that the bulk of the damage comes from their mount which is literally all the same. The only thing you are getting with Orghotts is a better save and 2 extra CPs per turn - Which is obviously good. The extra damage is pretty insignificant and Bloab offers a lot of utility from being a caster, his warscroll spell especially and the -1 hit in combat/shooting on a 4+ within 7". 

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

I liked Orghotts a lot upon release and exclusively played him, but Im starting to replace him with Bloab in almost all my lists. The thing to note for the Maggoth Lords is that the bulk of the damage comes from their mount which is literally all the same. The only thing you are getting with Orghotts is a better save and 2 extra CPs per turn - Which is obviously good. The extra damage is pretty insignificant and Bloab offers a lot of utility from being a caster, his warscroll spell especially and the -1 hit in combat/shooting on a 4+ within 7". 

I agree with you but the 4+ is hard... If Bloab don't fail his rerolling alpha charge (9 inch) + he has to roll a dice and make a +4 for the debuff for ich units withing 7'. I think Bloab his good, relient on his charge + roll to apply the debuff (lot of +1 to hit on the actual v3).

Edited by Zorki
"Bload" 🤣

Win vs krullboys 
i played
Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle - Subfaction: Blessed Sons - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line - Triumphs:

LEADERS The Glottkin (700)* - General - Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease

UNITS 3 x Nurglings (105)

5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*

CORE BATTALIONS *Battle Regiment TOTAL: 1995/2000 WOUNDS: 124 LEADERS: 1/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 0/4 DROPS:2

nurgel2001.jpg

nurgel2002.jpg

nurgelarme.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

Win vs krullboys 
i played
Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle - Subfaction: Blessed Sons - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line - Triumphs:

LEADERS The Glottkin (700)* - General - Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease

UNITS 3 x Nurglings (105)

CORE BATTALIONS *Battle Regiment TOTAL: 1995/2000 WOUNDS: 124 LEADERS: 1/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 0/4 DROPS:2

nurgel2001.jpg

nurgel2002.jpg

nurgelarme.jpg

Hello

What is your feeling about the Blessed Sons subfaction ? Do you think, with your actual list, the Drowned Men subfaction can be better ?

How you manage the mw from the Man-skewer Boltboyz ? The ward of +5 make the work?

Edited by Zorki

13 hours ago, Zorki said:

Hello

What is your feeling about the Blessed Sons subfaction ? Do you think, with your actual list, the Drowned Men subfaction can be better ?

How you manage the mw from the Man-skewer Boltboyz ? The ward of +5 make the work?

I liked blessed sons but think pre game drowned vas beter in thsi matchup to stopp the shoting.
The bolt boys was nasty but some hott wards and a preyer to grandfather saved the day but had glottkin and 1 blightking left in the end

6 hours ago, frostfire said:

I saw people looking down on the Glottkin when the book dropped and suddenly everyone is taking it now.

Does his CA turn out to be super handy in games or did I miss something?

i play the glotts because i like the models im more of a rule of cool type så hard to say

15 minutes ago, Orchid89 said:

would i be better off getting another Maggotkin SC (if i can find it) or get the new Vanguard box?

20210627_134224.jpg

You already have 30 PBs and a Scrivener. That is all you will ever need with the new book. I have played some games now and never used more then 20 PBs even with summoning. So go for the cheaper MoN SC box. You can use the LoB for conversions.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Orchid89 said:

would i be better off getting another Maggotkin SC (if i can find it) or get the new Vanguard box

If u want to Play hard and Mortal go and take the Varanguard, if u want to PLay Daemon take the Starter

Ooooooor

With the Price raising coming from GW.... take both :D:D:D 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, frostfire said:

I saw people looking down on the Glottkin when the book dropped and suddenly everyone is taking it now.

Does his CA turn out to be super handy in games or did I miss something?

People looked at the 700 pts investment and then checked his warscroll thought he was ******, didnt see the value in the CA. The CA messes with your opponent so much and gives a huge space denial. Can easily deny battletactics if your opponent isnt very aware. Its really difficult to play perfectly against the Glottkin through 5 rounds.

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Its really difficult to play perfectly against the Glottkin through 5 rounds.

In my games he was down at Round 2. But jes his Ability is super Strong.

Remember your Oppointment dont have too end a normal move in 12", he just had to be in the 12" . 

Been a long time since I posted. 

Taking this to a GT this weekend. 

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
The Glottkin (700)*
Spell Lore: Lore of Malignance - Rancid Visitations

Gutrot Spume (170)*

Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)*
- General
-Command Trait: Nurgling Infestation
-Artefact: Arcane Tome 
-Spell Lore: Lore of Virulence - Fleshy Abundance

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (300)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)**
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)**

Units
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)*
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1940 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131
Drops: 3

On 2/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, Fellman said:

How well does Nurgling infection work for you guys i have problems deploying them?

Mhmm if enough Terrain is on the table and your Enemy dont Play a MSU Army ist okay. But if u just hab 2-3 Terrain on each side and your Opponent denid u the Drop it could be deficult.

7 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Taking this to a GT this weekend.

Okay i have 2-3 Question:

1. Why you didnt take the Plaguebearer as HuntersoH ?! No CP or so for them against a Monster could be very frustrations

2. Mortal Realm: Ghyran ?! Dont u Play in Ghur?!

3. Why u have 60 (!!) Points left ?! maybe it would be better to take a Endless Spell ?! LifeSwarm for example ?!

On 2/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, Fellman said:

How well does Nurgling infection work for you guys i have problems deploying them?

Keep in mind the unit of Nurglings just have to be WITHIN 3" of a terrain piece. So a single base can kiss the terrain and then you can string out the other models. Not all the models have to be within 3", just a single base. It shouldnt be difficult to deploy them at all, even on battleplans where half the board is your territory.

4 hours ago, ibel said:

Okay i have 2-3 Question:

1. Why you didnt take the Plaguebearer as HuntersoH ?! No CP or so for them against a Monster could be very frustrations

2. Mortal Realm: Ghyran ?! Dont u Play in Ghur?!

3. Why u have 60 (!!) Points left ?! maybe it would be better to take a Endless Spell ?! LifeSwarm for example ?!

Im not the player obviously but guessing - 

1. It doesnt really matter if a monster roars or stomps your PBs. The MWs is whatever and if you have a 5+ or 6+ save vs a monster is probably insignificant considering the rend the majority of monsters have. 

2. Realm doesnt matter anymore

3. With a Glottkin list the re-roll charge triumph is really strong since it isnt limited to your charge phase unlike the reroll command ability. So when attempting to charge your opponent at the end of the opponent's movement phase with the Glottkin ability, being able to reroll a cruicial charge is strong. 

Edited by Kasper

11 hours ago, Kasper said:

Keep in mind the unit of Nurglings just have to be WITHIN 3" of a terrain piece. So a single base can kiss the terrain and then you can string out the other models. Not all the models have to be within 3", just a single base. It shouldnt be difficult to deploy them at all, even on battleplans where half the board is your territory.

Im not the player obviously but guessing - 

1. It doesnt really matter if a monster roars or stomps your PBs. The MWs is whatever and if you have a 5+ or 6+ save vs a monster is probably insignificant considering the rend the majority of monsters have. 

2. Realm doesnt matter anymore

3. With a Glottkin list the re-roll charge triumph is really strong since it isnt limited to your charge phase unlike the reroll command ability. So when attempting to charge your opponent at the end of the opponent's movement phase with the Glottkin ability, being able to reroll a cruicial charge is strong. 

Well said! I actually WANT opponents to stomp my plaguebearers so I can remove the one or two they are within range of and then sloppity them and they cant attack at all. Not only a bit of a trap, but also I wanted 3 or less drops. 

Realm doesnt matter. I always "play" in ghyran because of the basing and theme of my army. 

TRIUMPH! the Reroll charge triumph can be used in the enemy move phase for glott where at the double cannot. WELL worth 60 points IMO. Also... what could I get for 60 points? burning head? Im good. 

• Like 1

Not only a bit of a trap, but also I wanted 3 or less drops. 

And if u stand there and geht Roar't (no CP) and lose 10-11 of your PLaguebearer ?! No Auto BT. But okay was yust a idea.

Realm doesnt matter. I always "play" in ghyran because of the basing and theme of my army

okay. in my Players round u had to take Ghur if u want to use the Spell, the Tectonic rule (delete a MZ) But okay than it no matter.

TRIUMPH! the Reroll charge triumph can be used in the enemy move phase for glott where at the double cannot.

ahhh okay, jes this could be okay. i Always choose the Emerald Endless Swarm but, okay the charge is super important.

By the Way somebody ideas against  Ironjawz (to list possibel, 2 Mawcrusher + 2 Warchanter + Gruntas or ONE-DROOP MW+2 Warchanter+Gruntas+RogueIdol) with this list:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Drowned Men
- Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (300)*
-
Lore of Malignance: Plague Squall
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease
Plague Priest (85)*
-
Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

Battleline
-
Reinforced x 1

- Reinforced x 1

Units
10 x Plague Monks (85)*
-
Foetid Blades
- 1x Standard Bearers
- 1x Plague Harbingers
Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 132
Drops: 1

??

a Friend of mine say: Stay in Deepstrike with the LoAf and the 2x4 PsBL and try the 9" Charge. Or u will terribel destroyed ?!?!

17 hours ago, Wordy9th said:

How's the great unclean one, and what should I be taking with him?

He's been solid for me so far but hasn't really dominated a match. He's super tanky and he can do a good chunk of damage, but that speed 4 is a serious issue on a primarily combat monster and you spend way too much time just trying to get him where he needs to be. His combat stats are good but not great so he relies a lot on landing the mountain of loathsome flesh and/or abusing the witherstave to get damage through, so if your dice are a little cold (no 6's to hit or roll a 1 on the rampage) you'll be struggling to kill much. Generally I think he's best as the general for a befouling host list since he's really the only daemon you actually want as your general and the bell combos well with the extra tree to push you into some solid summoning as the game progresses. You can use him elsewhere but he is a pretty huge chunk of points and I think you can get more benefit out of a lord of afflictions/maggoth lord combo in most other lists. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1