Bright colours

Herald of Chaos

I am intending to start work on a new project in the next few months and am looking for some advice on either particular paints to use or techniques to achieve the results I am after.

Basically all I really want are bright colours, colours so bright and vibrant that if I do not need to put on shades to view the model than it is not bright enough.  Can anyone suggest a paint range that is brighter and more colourful than others?  Alternatively is there a way that anyone is familiar with and willing to share that can give this kind of effect?

Thanks.

Vallejo do some fluorescent paints in their Model Colour range. I've not tried them myself, but they might be what you're looking for. Another way of getting very bright colours is to undercoat white and then use glazes and washes rather than painting flat colours. For example, GW Casandora Yellow Shade over white gives a much brighter yellow than most traditional ways of painting yellow. You can do something similar using silver or gold rather than white - I have an old Juan Diaz daemonette model whose claws and hair tentacles were painted gold and then washed with magenta ink to give a lurid, unnatural "I'm made out of magic, not flesh" look.

Archived