Sylvaneth Gnarlroot command trait use

Collie

Question

Hello everybody,

I’m gearing up my Sylvaneth army for my first match in Age of Sigmar and I have some questions. I was thinking of running the Gnarlroot Glade. I wanted to make a Treelord Ancient my general. So he has to take the Nurtured by Magic command trait (if a spell is successfully cast you can heal up to D3 wounds to any unit within 18”).  

Knowing this, can I give him The Vesperal Gem (it makes a Lore of the Deepwood spell automatically cast)? So, my question is: would the Nurtured by Magic command trait be added automatically on top of that?

I also want the Gnarlroot artifact, Chalice of Nectar (roll 3D6 and pick 2D6 for your spellcasting), to go to my Warsong Revenant Or does the general need to get this artefact?

Many thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Collie said:

Hello everybody,

I’m gearing up my Sylvaneth army for my first match in Age of Sigmar and I have some questions. I was thinking of running the Gnarlroot Glade. I wanted to make a Treelord Ancient my general. So he has to take the Nurtured by Magic command trait (if a spell is successfully cast you can heal up to D3 wounds to any unit within 18”).  

Knowing this, can I give him The Vesperal Gem (it makes a Lore of the Deepwood spell automatically cast)? So, my question is: would the Nurtured by Magic command trait be added automatically on top of that?

I also want the Gnarlroot artifact, Chalice of Nectar (roll 3D6 and pick 2D6 for your spellcasting), to go to my Warsong Revenant Or does the general need to get this artefact?

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, the Vesperal Gem and the Nurtured by Magic command trait work together. The trait looks if the general successfully cast a spell and was not unbound and the gem ensures that happen. Just be aware that the gem work only if you trying to cast one of the Lore spells (Throne of vines, Regrowth, Dwellers bellow, Deadly harvest, Verdurous harmony and Treesong), for any other spell outside of those 6 you can't use the gem.

You can give any hero the Chalice, it has no restrictions other than that the first artefact you pick has to be it. Because of this restriction, to get the Chalice and the Gem in the same list you are going to need one of the core battalions that give the Magnificent benefit (warlord or commander entourage). Just be sure you have the amount of heroes to take one of those battalions and you are good to go!

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Yes, the Vesperal Gem and the Nurtured by Magic command trait work together. The trait looks if the general successfully cast a spell and was not unbound and the gem ensures that happen. Just be aware that the gem work only if you trying to cast one of the Lore spells (Throne of vines, Regrowth, Dwellers bellow, Deadly harvest, Verdurous harmony and Treesong), for any other spell outside of those 6 you can't use the gem.

You can give any hero the Chalice, it has no restrictions other than that the first artefact you pick has to be it. Because of this restriction, to get the Chalice and the Gem in the same list you are going to need one of the core battalions that give the Magnificent benefit (warlord or commander entourage). Just be sure you have the amount of heroes to take one of those battalions and you are good 

Many thanks for the info!