Ravenborn | The Dark and the Dead (Dec. 19 update)

Ravenborn

Squirrel!

Got distracted again by the deadboyz. I always seem to end up with purple these days.

Love to hear what you think works better... red or purple? I like red, but most of the undead armies I've seen follow use a red scheme, so I want to try a few things before commiting.

The regular deathrattle skellies won't have as much copper, I wanted the Grave Guard to be easily identifiable.

Ded-colours.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ugh. Got laid off from my job a couple weeks ago, so painting’s a bit less of a priority these days. 😡

Work continues on the dragon though, pretty much finished one side and started the other. I also just about finished ten skellies. In the end I went green for the cloth, wanted something that looked a bit dirty, not so bright. 

I’m already rethinking my decision lol. 

I’ve decided to use actual metals instead of NMM for a change, to speed up the process a bit. I bought about ten GW metals, including bronzes, irons and coppers. I’m hoping the copper looks good with the green for the elites. Here’s a WIP:

I love painting cloth when it has sharp folds and draping. 

52FCEF28-B87A-4DAF-83E9-D111719F91A6.jpeg

8124AFFE-CDC7-4219-8EA1-24DB15CB62E9.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Still WIP.  I painted a vampire knight to see what colours worked, and FINALLY settled on dark turquoise and crimson. All metals will use metal paints with washes to age them.

The standard Ulfenguard will be reversed: dark turquoise livery, with red sheilds.

619C90C4-CD28-4710-AF0F-B1C27967D1E5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ravenborn said:

Squirrel!

Got distracted again by the deadboyz. I always seem to end up with purple these days.

Love to hear what you think works better... red or purple? I like red, but most of the undead armies I've seen follow use a red scheme, so I want to try a few things before commiting.

The regular deathrattle skellies won't have as much copper, I wanted the Grave Guard to be easily identifiable.

Ded-colours.jpg

Honestly I find the blue cloth the most striking. Great looking dragon! 🎉

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Kinda’ a ****** year, involving layoffs and other shenanigans, but I’ve been getting back to painting…

Well, repainting. I wasn’t happy with the Ulfengard, so I replaced the swords, heads, and paint. They looked a bit cartoony, and I wanted them to fit in more with the Cursed City look; gritty, practical soldiers with more historical, proportional looking helmets and weapons.

8B788438-84B4-4929-9CF3-3445610BA958.jpeg

Edited by Ravenborn
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Ravenborn changed the title to Ravenborn | The Dark and the Dead (Dec. 19 update)