The Painting Contract - January 2022

TheOtherJosh

On 1/12/2022 at 6:50 PM, mrteige said:

I have been converting my next Mawkrusha and here he is. Painting is next...

Absolutely love this! Looking forward to seeing more of it, nice one.

I have managed to reach a semi-milestone...finished off my remaining three axe wielding Marauder Horsemen so finished up the first of my two units, just need to go the bases. Technically should finish off the next unit of 5 for my pledge but I randomly woke up with an urge to paint a Mortek Guard the other day so ordered one off eBay...

Screenshot-2022-01-17-at-17-06-16.png

Screenshot-2022-01-17-at-17-06-54.png

Screenshot-2022-01-17-at-17-06-36.png

Edited by Mako
  • Like 5

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I have finished 5 spite-revenants. First unit is now 10 strong. 5 more to build to make it 2 units of 10. I used the dark aelf executioner heads to give them a spookier vibe.

Dryads just need base rims and stones painted. I'm going to pick up some tufts of different varies to really spice up their bases. 

20220117_144438.jpg

20220117_144454.jpg

20220117_144507.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 8:38 PM, Azlak the Damned said:

I'm always in need of a post when it comes to painting. Enjoy the actual gaming more than the painting side of the hobby.

So I'll paint and base a Slaughterpriest, Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear an Aspiring Deathbringer. 

Determined to make my mortal Khorne army work.

Update on progress so far... Not as much as i wanted but a newborn baby sort of takes priority.

IMG_20220121_191413__01.jpg

Edited by Azlak the Damned
  • Like 2

Huzzah! Actually accomplished the goal! Got now 31 Slaanesh models built (feels weird with the random hanger on from the archers) and almost to my 1k start. 10 Daemonettes from a different project in the background.

78B34BAE-DF8F-418F-8F86-9FFB382B6E87.jpeg.d4ae540c9e4d7b3f7dd723d9d0dc5720.jpeg

I will probably push a bit to get the rest of my 1k list done, which at the moment are 5 Big Seekers and 1 Lord of Pain...and something else? lol Might try to convert the Lord to stand out, but still feeling that out.

• Like 2

I think I am finally getting into a groove with the Slaanesh. Some fiddly stuff, lots of fragile bits, but I am moving forward with time to spare. Got my 1k list barring some small addition, and a small start to my summoning pool in the back there. Wonder if I can get this all painted by the end of February....oh dear.

B3870FAB-83EC-442F-9EDD-1D6D0EBD3F68.jpeg.f4d0a36eb6f58c68bfa281cb2366a659.jpeg

• Like 3

I didn't post a picture, but I exceeded my initial expectations for painting models.  With my "New Year, New Army", I chose Maggotkin because I like their elite play style.  So for month 1, I painted up: 20 plague bearers, 10 Blight Kings, a Scrivner, a Poxbringer, and Festus.  Next month, it will be bigger stuff.  I'm planning to build and paint the following next month: 3 drones, 3 nurglings, 2 Pusgoyles, and a Lord of Blights.  My stretch will be a Gnarlmaw too, if I can find one.  Not sure why but I've never painted an army this fast.  I saw some videos on glazing and just went for it!  I'm going to go back to my Soul Blight after I finish Nurgle.  I've got a bunch of big characters to paint for Soul Blight (VLoZD, Cursed City, Belledama, the other Big Guy).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1