The Painting Contract - January 2022

TheOtherJosh

I am having a very slow month, mainly getting distracted by Ghost of Tsushima, so only managed to complete one model so far 🙈 

My pledge was to convert and paint my remaining nine Marauder Horsemen, decided I'm going to build them as two units of five so step one is to get the lads with axes painted up then the remaining five will have javelins. This morning I finished up the leader of the axe unit, converted using some spare Corvus Cabal bits and the feather banner from the Dark Angels. 

Screenshot-2022-01-11-at-13-41-37.png

I also have finished one other horse and base coated most of the remaining two so some small progress being made. I'm not very good at batch painting, as soon as they start to get remotely half started I just want to paint one through to completion so its likely I'll end up tackling the rest one by one.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hurricanum progress:

20220116_182914.jpg.60eb1f06e1b18d4ea09ff6860a30fab9.jpg

This week I painted the base and the horses. I find that when I have a base layer of paints on everything, it's good to finish the base of a model to check how the colours look in the environment of the base. I thought the hurricanum might be too dark, but on the red cobbles I like to do for my Cities guys and next to the horses, it looks fine after all.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Also having a slow month so far. And cant seem to make any half decent pictures. I am almost finished with these. I still need to finish up the bases and i keep forgetting to paint the bloody part on the centipede thing. I am also thinking about repainting the spider, i am not happy about the colour. What colour would u pick?

prog1.jpg.de6287dbfbc20425649f4e50ee1f06b3.jpg5

prog3.jpg.451a66c68568e561f8e117ea5529e7bf.jpg

1558443206_prog2.jpg.30844d7e430aa622dc0dbedda900bb2c.jpg

• Like 2