Silent Communion

WAAAGHdogg15

Question

I noticed a while ago that the revised warscroll for the Treelord Ancient involves wording for the silent communion ability that is different to other ways of generating Sylvaneth Wyldwoods. The spell Verdant Blessing (for example) specifically states that the wood cannot be placed within 1" of other terrain features, as do the rules for placing your free wood at the start of the battle. Silent communion doesn't say this, just that it can't be within 3" of other "models." Do terrain features count as models or could I, in theory, place a silent communion wood in contact with or even on top of another terrain feature? Pic of Silent Communion rule attached.

image.jpeg

7 answers to this question

So, not that I would, but I could, in theory, balance a wood on top of a house or stack three woods on top of each other?

Seriously though, being able to place woods close to other terrain makes up for the 15" range on the ability (3" shorter than Verdant Blessing). 

Considering how good GW are being at present, I wondered if there would be an FAQ on this but nothing yet.

Follow up for this question - the wording also says "any other models." Does that mean that the Treelord ancient could place it within 3" of himself? Could he even raise it so that he is standing on it as long as it isn't within 3" of another model?

I'd say no, as context is regarding the wildwood, so "any other model" would include the ancient.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

On 12/09/2016 at 7:26 PM, WAAAGHdogg15 said:

Follow up for this question - the wording also says "any other models." Does that mean that the Treelord ancient could place it within 3" of himself? Could he even raise it so that he is standing on it as long as it isn't within 3" of another model?

Is there a consensus on this? Wording suggests he could be placed on the terrain piece and then spirit path to another wood. All in the hero phase.

Archived