Dealing with the necrosphinx

Somnicide

Looking both in general but more specifically with Stormcast Eternals, how do you deal with the necrosphinx? It's speed is insane and hits like a truck, then when you attack back you just do half wounds and the dang thing can be healed (basically double what everything else does because of the half wounds thing).

Stormcast Eternals specifically are small model count, but even a unit of 20 freeguild greatswords was wiped out and did minimal damage since the wounds are dealt in a pool.

This isn't a whine post asking for a berg, I just want to figure out how to give my Tomb King opponent a decent game rather than him just wiping my army with the single monster.

Thanks!

@Nico Hard counter is a bit of an overstatement. Here's how it went down, 20" flying move/charge, killed 3 of the 5, the remaining got 5 hits, no 6s on the to wound roll, then 3 failed saves equaled 2 wounds. Next round, I chose them first, got only 4 hits, got 1 6 on the to wound roll, but it was saved, along with 2 others, did 1 wound. Unit was wiped out.

That was with 0 star maces, btw, just because I was going for max protectors as hard counter to a specific threat. Not sure if the star maces are a good investment here or not but I am leaning to no.. 

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I will try it a couple more times since we allow proxy but I am almost feeling the standard retributors with hammers would have done at least as well, if not better.

Why were they not being teleported from a corner of the board (or walled off). Further 10 models or more. They are not a hard counter in the sense that Wrathmongers are, but per point they are good for Order. Also check out Wyldwood Rangers!

You can go gunline. Blanking on the name of The bowman but they have Damn good range and are pretty good. If you aren't opposed to lose Stormcast allegiance you can bring cannons and tanks. 

The sphinx is a total rock and he's basically the biggest threat in my army, he's only been killed once by a combination of retributors the archers and a relictor. Doesn't help that my vamp botched every single attempt at healing it. 

Judicators. Yeah, the sphinx is a brute and fast and flying, which makes walling him off unrealistic. Protectors can (I think) only lightning strike in with one or two very specific battalions which I haven't been running. 

I may have to look at getting a vexillor

Archived