2021 battleforce prices

Kempak

Did anyone else buy a battleforce this morning?

I'm surprised by the lack of discount on third party stores?

I managed to pick up all 3 aos ones for £104 from one store but I usually go to Wayland's they were £122 there checked elements they either sold out super fast or didn't have any rather surprising.

Do you think it was due to shipping etc or purposely done. I know elements did this with indomitus no discount. Also I checked back in on goblin like 20 minutes later they must have realised the competition didn't do much discount as it suddenly went from 20% to 10%

Anyway got mine I have part of all 3 armies anyway so this kind of completes 2 of them except the lumineth who I still need to expand a bit.

I've noticed for a while though a lot of online stores are reducing discount from the old standard 20%/ to 10-15% on most products.

Edited by Kempak
  • Like 1

Firestorm Games are my go-to and generally have good discounts. Wayland I think took a hit during the pandemic and their discounts haven't gone back down on things like Warhammer - they used to be one of the best discounted rates. Lets not forget a lot of those stores also rely on in-person shopping and gaming centres which have all been hit hard and whlist online sales have been good shipping costs and importing have become very complicated and expensive. Those stores have likely lost sales to the EU block and lost profits on what they still sell there. 

That said a fair few (inc firestorm) are using floating discounts so as the stock gets less and less the discount reduces as well.

Grabbed the Slaanesh set off Firestorm - very tempted to get the Necron but I can't justify it all at once. I figure neither set will be in stock come January and whilst both have new models in them that I need, my Slaanesh is further along than my Necron so I figure get the Slaanesh. I can also pick up some of the Necron stuff for cheap through Indomitus (save for the flayed ones as that got messed up) 

• Like 1

I was assuming pandemic and shipping but think you're right about the floating discount it must have been as stock reduced. I was just going to get the soulblight and slaanesh but yolo'd the lumineth box.

I stopped playing 40k as prefer aos now but necrons were my army since 8th and I did get indomitus. That box has pretty much everything I don't have bar warriors but as said as I don't play anymore can't justify another £100+ on a box to add to the pile of potential (shame). I may stare online for a while longer see if I break.

As said don't think the boxes will last till January so at least I have plenty to work on this year. 

It's a shame I don't really have any game stores near mine and only have a couple official gw stores as would love to support a flgs and go in person.

Edited by Kempak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kempak said:

Did anyone else buy a battleforce this morning?

I'm surprised by the lack of discount on third party stores?

I managed to pick up all 3 aos ones for £104 from one store but I usually go to Wayland's they were £122 there checked elements they either sold out super fast or didn't have any rather surprising.

Do you think it was due to shipping etc or purposely done. I know elements did this with indomitus no discount. Also I checked back in on goblin like 20 minutes later they must have realised the competition didn't do much discount as it suddenly went from 20% to 10%

Anyway got mine I have part of all 3 armies anyway so this kind of completes 2 of them except the lumineth who I still need to expand a bit.

I've noticed for a while though a lot of online stores are reducing discount from the old standard 20%/ to 10-15% on most products.

Having talked with a smaller store owner about their discounts, many try to not do 20% as apparently their margins from gw to customer are pretty tight with then making tiny profits of each box sold. Many smaller stores cant match the 20% discount always and often the 20% standard is only enforced by other stores "undercutting" to 20% as the biggest margine most stores can discount to without loosing money each box. If the companies are sure stock will sell out they wont discount as hard if they can. 

Here in spain they got the same disscount that every other box,15% in almost every store,25% in one store(that it went to out of stock direct so i guess sold only in fisic) and some stores have it at 20% and didnt change.

Btw i wanted get the vampires and was veeery hard,it went online at 10:55 at gw,the the web stores got it at the 11:00 and in the 30 seconds that i click add to cart and add my target number it went sold in 4 diferent stores,i could get it in one store at my 5th try lol i dont know because gw only sold as 2 box to each store,they went sold at less than one minute in each store.

Seems only was this for vampires,the others box are even now even available

UK stores appear to be holding out a little better than some others, this might just reflect that GW hasn't sent as much overseas, but it can be really hard to judge. The sets this year are actually pretty impressive - most of the AoS ones are sporting brand new models, some only released this year. Necrons have a lot of new things, again only just a year old at best. So there's quite a lot of bright shiny new things in them which makes a lot of the sets way more popular. 

49 minutes ago, Doko said:

Here in spain they got the same disscount that every other box,15% in almost every store,25% in one store(that it went to out of stock direct so i guess sold only in fisic) and some stores have it at 20% and didnt change.

Btw i wanted get the vampires and was veeery hard,it went online at 10:55 at gw,the the web stores got it at the 11:00 and in the 30 seconds that i click add to cart and add my target number it went sold in 4 diferent stores,i could get it in one store at my 5th try lol i dont know because gw only sold as 2 box to each store,they went sold at less than one minute in each store.

Seems only was this for vampires,the others box are even now even available

Yeah soulblight went quick 

55 minutes ago, Overread said:

UK stores appear to be holding out a little better than some others, this might just reflect that GW hasn't sent as much overseas, but it can be really hard to judge. The sets this year are actually pretty impressive - most of the AoS ones are sporting brand new models, some only released this year. Necrons have a lot of new things, again only just a year old at best. So there's quite a lot of bright shiny new things in them which makes a lot of the sets way more popular. 

There have been reports of 3rd party retailers getting dramatically fewer boxes than usual. Some are taking to social media because they feel GW has thrown them under the bus.

Wow, £130 is too dear for me. The gradual upwards creep on these big boxed sets has been annoying, but they just aren't value for money any more. Its rare that I want absolutely everything in one of these sets. Generally that wasn't too much of an issue but this time around none of the AoS boxes are a good pick at that price point. If I were starting one of those armies then sure, but to expand on what i have they just don't help.

I kind of like the Necron one for 40K, as its almost all stuff I want... but I don't really need two walkers, and already have as many Necron warriors as I'm ever going to need. I kind of already did before indomitus; a horde army they are not. So I'm not convinced its actually a better deal this year than buying all those individual components from a shop with a high discount, especially if there is a reduced discount on the actual boxed set!

• Like 2

This is a bit of a theory but some of those stores may have been hit by brexit. My gaming group based in the Copenhagen area of Denmark used to buy all our stuff from wayland before Brexit, but with customs etc it’s no longer a viable place to shop for us. If others have done like us they may have seen a large dip in revenue and can no longer discount like they used to.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral said:

This is a bit of a theory but some of those stores may have been hit by brexit. My gaming group based in the Copenhagen area of Denmark used to buy all our stuff from wayland before Brexit, but with customs etc it’s no longer a viable place to shop for us. If others have done like us they may have seen a large dip in revenue and can no longer discount like they used to.

If you get only a very limited supply from GW, labour like putting it on website, arranging the rest of the logistics are stretched over less boxes. It's not as if these boxes won't sell anyway if supply is this limited.

1 hour ago, FleetAdmiral said:

I see a point about this if you suddenly have to pay tarriffs on the boxes then certainly buying from a UK supplier does change. Obvs don't know about Denmark stores I may be wrong but I remember a gw article on the community talking about them offsetting any of these. I would of thought it would be their direct supply though.

53 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If you get only a very limited supply from GW, labour like putting it on website, arranging the rest of the logistics are stretched over less boxes. It's not as if these boxes won't sell anyway if supply is this limited.

I've spoken with my store manager since in a local gw shop just mentioning I managed to get a box. He also said they were not getting any physical copies all online now. But also something along the lines of only 5000 were done 10/500 of each box. May not be totally accurate. Also raised the point some boxes just don't sell as well and end up sitting there. But I can imagine if so that would certainly effect supplies. 

Edited by Kempak