The Painting Contract - December 2021

TheOtherJosh

Didn't quite get everything in my contract done this month, but I was productive nonetheless.

I successfully painted everything I pledged to paint except 1 skullreaper, but I didn't get any of the building I pledged done (which is honestly fine considering I still have loads of models to paint anyway).IMG_3514.JPEG.5771d2a55d4ca99d3e21d29fadf4d6b3.JPEG

I'm pretty pleased with how the necrons are turning out, this is a paint scheme that I came up with on my own and am trying out for the first time and I think it's going well! The purple armor is my favorite part, I spend the most time per model on the purple bits layering up highlights and I'm liking the result.

IMG_3533.JPEG.9b636696382133c13a851905bd3a2b5d.JPEG

Now for my AoS stuff, I finished up my last models of ObR for now, I've got 750 points, but I think I'm going to put this army on hold for a little while because I want to work on my Khorne devotees so I can take them to a local tournament or two this spring maybe (probably for them to just get stomped because our battletome SUCKS but whatever). IMG_3517.JPEG.2f32b832dad62c6e99dcaa743f3001e1.JPEGIMG_3521.JPEG.bfe279954903b662223cb7f6bbe7e45b.JPEG

Speaking of Khorne, here's my one model of khorne I painted this month

IMG_3530.JPEG.0a6b70f592e9e1da87e4d8cbf3a86722.JPEGIMG_3531.JPEG.f0f003714b8ba6d50f835ae830a87cd1.JPEG

Very pleased with the armor on this one, it took me quite a bit less time to paint him than I remember it taking when I last painted one of these guys, which is good because now I take 15 skullreapers in my list instead of 5. IMG_3532.JPEG.0aecac5d5b02af278e6ffffa7a228ab0.JPEGGroup photo of all the stuff I got done this month, I wish I could say I'm going to keep the good times rolling in January, but school is starting again so I probably won't be as productive.

• Like 6

So this december i ended up finishing a lot of random projects to get my backlog as thin as i could.

I have finished my:
- Warcry Catacombs terrain
- Warcry Splintered Fangs warband
- Underworlds Rippas Snarlfangs
- 3 Gore Gruntas
- Rogue Idol

On top of that I sold a lot of miniatures that i wont get around to paint.

So 2022 here I come and I have some big plans.

I have a Kruleboyz army that I need to finish + I have a large soulblight army that I am painting for me and some friends.

Got very little of my pledge done 😞 , but managed to make a start on all of it at least...

I started my skellies and finished one extra blood knight (one to go), and couldn't resist starting my Vengorian Lord. He's not quite finished yet - needs more highlighting on the skin, wing membranes, cloth and armour.

I did manage to finish my Zombie Dragon though.

Blood Knights.jpg

Vengorian Lord.jpg

Dragon rider.jpg

Skellies.jpg

Dragon head.jpg

Rders.png

Vengo .jpg

Edited by Zlatan
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

So this is my final tally of painted miniatures for the year 2021. How did you guys do?

135 models/pieces of terrain painted:

Warcry: 51
1 Fomoroid Crusher
12 Chaotic beasts
23 stk Catacombs terrain
15 Splintered Fangs

Warclans: 50
10 Brutes
3 Morgok’s Krushas
6 Gore Gruntas
1 Megaboss
10 Gutrippaz
1 Murknob
1 Killaboss 
1 Stabgrot
1 Killaboss on Gnashtoof
1 Swampcalla Shaman
1 Pot-grot
6 boltboys
4 Ironskull’s Boyz
3 Rippa’s Snarlfangs
1 Rogue Idol

FEC: 34
1 Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
1 Vargulf
1 Ghoul King
1 Crypt Courtier
30 Ghouls

20 hours ago, mrteige said:

So this is my final tally of painted miniatures for the year 2021. How did you guys do?

135 models/pieces of terrain painted:

Warcry: 51
1 Fomoroid Crusher
12 Chaotic beasts
23 stk Catacombs terrain
15 Splintered Fangs

Warclans: 50
10 Brutes
3 Morgok’s Krushas
6 Gore Gruntas
1 Megaboss
10 Gutrippaz
1 Murknob
1 Killaboss 
1 Stabgrot
1 Killaboss on Gnashtoof
1 Swampcalla Shaman
1 Pot-grot
6 boltboys
4 Ironskull’s Boyz
3 Rippa’s Snarlfangs
1 Rogue Idol

FEC: 34
1 Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
1 Vargulf
1 Ghoul King
1 Crypt Courtier
30 Ghouls

These are all the models I finished last year:

20220101_124155.jpg.8adac20cf4bf4704398dbadc399b8baf.jpg

Since I don't have lot of opportunities to play right now I don't really have the drive to paint lots of high-volume units, so I mostly stuck to painting interesting character models this time around. It was fun, though, and I like every model I painted in 2021.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Well, I did not finish what I pledged, mostly due to a hair brain shift. The pledge already was a spur of the moment project, literally a random pickup for the challenge. Not my best idea, but it was fun. Didn't even use them in the tourney! With the New Year, I am starting on a bigger and more thought out project. More info soon, might even start a blog that I've considered for years now. lol

Here is where my rats lay for now, will stay for a while but they are on the list of side projects to cleanse the palette later.

EBE906EB-F77F-4351-B9C9-237350CBC256.jpeg.58c5ffe93fa5c90b75816b433bc187cc.jpeg

• Like 1