Stumbling out of the Chaos Wastes...

Mako

Hi all, 

Like many before me I have found myself returning to this hobby after many many years out of it and not knowing anyone else who plays I thought this would be a good community to join. Have been watching painting videos on YouTube for around a year or so and finally decided to jump back into things properly a couple of weeks ago. I have started a Slaves to Darkness Army (which I hope to document in the painting forum) and hopefully soon will be able to field a small force and head to my local store to learn to play. 

I have no idea how the game works (my prior involvement was the much simpler time of square bases) so expect many stupid questions about rules.

Cheers!

Welcome to the community!  I've never played with square bases, but my understanding was that the previous edition was much simpler and easier to play.  The current version is more complicated than the last. Goonhammer recently posted an intro to matched play, which some people would argue is the type you play you do when you meet up with strangers. https://www.goonhammer.com/intro-to-matched-play/

On 11/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, Angela said:

Welcome to the community!  I've never played with square bases, but my understanding was that the previous edition was much simpler and easier to play.  The current version is more complicated than the last. Goonhammer recently posted an intro to matched play, which some people would argue is the type you play you do when you meet up with strangers. https://www.goonhammer.com/intro-to-matched-play/

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I feel things used to be a bit more simpler back in the day, particularly with army building etc. I've seen some of the lists people have posted on here and I have no idea what half of it means! The article you posted was very useful however and has cleared some of that up quite a lot! Will have a browse on the goonhammer site and see what other useful nuggets I can dig up.