Ironjaws vs allegiance abilities

Vespan

There are some factions that have units which count as battleline if you have specyfic allegiance- in this case Ardboys.

If someone wants pure ironjaws army, he must pick ironjaws allegiance. In that case he can not use artifacts and traits for destruction allegiance?

This is an interpretation of my local gaming club, but the way I see it, you build a legal army using allegiance keywords and afterwards, before battle, you just pick a keyword you want to use.

You are correct and your local gaming group are wrong (or have their own house rule for this). See the FAQ for reference. You can chose either the specific allegiance or the grand alliance allegiance at the start of the battle. If you chose the grand alliance one it does not make your list illegal.

58 minutes ago, Andreas said:

You are correct and your local gaming group are wrong (or have their own house rule for this). See the FAQ for reference. You can chose either the specific allegiance or the grand alliance allegiance at the start of the battle. If you chose the grand alliance one it does not make your list illegal.

Hi @Vespan,

Andreas is correct. Your gaming group have read it the way most of us did in the General's Handbook tbh, however this was not GW's intent and it was swiftly FAQ'd (day of release!) so that you can play a pure Ironjawz army and still claim Destruction traits/artefacts. It's a thing of beauty!

I think perhaps we need a pinned/sticky topic in here covering such things as they will crop up frequently. Perhaps next week when I'm not so busy I can sort something out if @Ben is cool with that?

57 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Vespan

I think perhaps we need a pinned/sticky topic in here covering such things as they will crop up frequently. Perhaps next week when I'm not so busy I can sort something out if @Ben is cool with that?

Yes ?, this and the idea that summoning breaks allegiance, (soulblight summoning zombies, rotbringers summoning nurglings etc.) pops up all the time.

10 minutes ago, Vespan said:

Thank you for help guys! We just came to an agreement on our local forum.

Luckily the FAQ is quite explicit on these matters, so posting a link to that should hopefully have quelled any doubt in your ability to rampage your Ironjawz at them, whilst supping on Battle Brew! ;) 

Archived