Jump to content

How we deal with 4 Megas?


Holy_Diver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good Morning!

Italian Legion of the First Prince player here! After some debriefing from the playtest of yesterday I feel in difficulty against that kind of threat. In my brainstorm I saw only a question of dices and mission: in some missions or with some bad rolls I can't win. Period.

So what's your solutions? Any other alliegiances talks are welcome here 🙂

Let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Yep, the new board control  nightmare: 4 megagargants lists.

All can be changed should gw take up the never given promise of increasing min. Size for plague monks and stormvermins and reducing points for stabbas, shootas, clanrats and the other gobblin brethrens, currently considered to be food for the always hungry stupid meat-things (ogors)

And at that point (edit:)vanquishers could be the next big stormcast unit, they currently aren’t.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

All can be changed should gw take up the never given promise of increasing min. Size for plague monks and stormvermins and reducing points for stabbas, shootas, clanrats and the other gobblin brethrens, currently considered to be food for the always hungry stupid meat-things (ogors)

And at that point (edit:)vanquishers could be the next big stormcast unit, they currently aren’t.

Ya mean we must wait dicember FAQs to deal with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh Legion of the First Prince!  They whooped my butt a month or two ago.

4 megas struggle hard vs hordes of Horrors and strong magic with many Mortal Wound dealing spells (I have personally failed miserably using my megagargants against Tzeentch and LotFP.)  Belakors ability was very good against me.  Kairos was amazing against me, and not just his dice change thing; he did like 20 wounds over the course of the battle in combat AND delivered the deathblow to my Kraken Eater.

Outflanking units/summoned units can also help to mitigate objective control and to accomplish the Battle Tactics.

Take some monsters so you can try to Roar one in your turn to prevent the 3+ armored megagargant from happening.

Spells and CAs to limit movements and charges are your best friends.

I have all Chaos-themed megagargants so mine should be immune to all this :D

 

Edited by Lord Krungharr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Oh Legion of the First Prince!  They whooped my butt a month or two ago.

4 megas struggle hard vs hordes of Horrors and strong magic with many Mortal Wound dealing spells (I have personally failed miserably using my megagargants against Tzeentch and LotFP.)  Belakors ability was very good against me.  Kairos was amazing against me, and not just his dice change thing; he did like 20 wounds over the course of the battle in combat AND delivered the deathblow to my Kraken Eater.

Outflanking units/summoned units can also help to mitigate objective control and to accomplish the Battle Tactics.

Take some monsters so you can try to Roar one in your turn to prevent the 3+ armored megagargant from happening.

Spells and CAs to limit movements and charges are your best friends.

I have all Chaos-themed megagargants so mine should be immune to all this :D

 

Really? mh interessting to read.
My big problem was to count beyond 30 on obj controlled by a Megagargant. 
Pinks lasts one round against two Megas, cause he splits 2 and 2. But I mean... if you concentrate 2000 pts only on one, you may kill it.

Edited by Holy_Diver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Really? mh interessting to read.
My big problem was to count beyond 30 on obj controlled by a Megagargant. 
Pinks lasts one round against two Megas, cause he splits 2 and 2. But I mean... if you concentrate 2000 pts only on one, you may kill it.

On paper, but the Horrors are usually shooting at the gargants first, and subracting 1 from hit rolls because of the Tzeentch Locus (in a Tzeentch army anyway).  And if the gargants are softened up enough they are somewhat bracketed.  But true, 2 Gatebreakers can probably take out a unit of Horrors IF they have Idiots with Flags and All Out Attack going and not vs a Tzeentch army.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking vs 20 pinks, as that gave me sooooo much trouble in 2 different games.  The splitting is just super good, and each incarnation still gets to shoot stuff.  Personally I think that MW should just get rid of models and not permit splitting.  Even for their points they're undercosted.  I've tried Ironguts and Stonehorns too and they all struggle.  They could probably just change the Eternal Conflagration to only affect Flamers/Exalted Flamers and that would help (the rend -1 shooting is what makes them over the top).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So another playtest yesterday vs 4 Megas and surprisingly I won! 

The mission was the one with 6 objs and the burning option, I played legion of the first prince (2x10 pinks, 6 furies, 5 hounds, Epitome and the big 3).
On my perpsective non Archaon chaos lists can win on secondaries against 4 megas, and on of them must be kill one of the 4.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

So another playtest yesterday vs 4 Megas and surprisingly I won! 

The mission was the one with 6 objs and the burning option, I played legion of the first prince (2x10 pinks, 6 furies, 5 hounds, Epitome and the big 3).
On my perpsective non Archaon chaos lists can win on secondaries against 4 megas, and on of them must be kill one of the 4.

Beasts o’ chaos must really hate this current edition

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...