The Rage Quit Amnesty

SIGMAR

On 8/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, PhallusDominus said:

Borrow it, play a game, you're going to love it. It's much more dynamic than WFB, and with the new Core Book they gave us a world to explore and expand upon. The last Malign Portent campaign story was decided by votes you could win by painting models, playing games in stores etc. It felt like you had a part to play in the development of the story. Got hooked pretty fast this way..

Cheers, I've had a few games now and it's a ton of fun. :D

• Like 1

hi all, new member here, must say I started in this hobby back in 5 ed fantasy and loved it! then I started getting into 40k and now 30k. when AOS dropped I was hopefull.... until pretty much anyone and everyone I knew that played (friends and in my gaming club) basically said goodbye to it.. so like pretty much everyone else i played primarily 40k. My gaming group is small maybe 15people or so. About 2 years ago I tried to do a slow grow campaign for AOS but no one was interested, I tried many times to get some new blood flowing for AOS. Now that the 2ed dropped everyone in my gaming club is going crazy for it and we are seeing growth in the club with new members and more people playing, which is great for me cuz nagash needs souls and I live to serve lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually rage quit Whfb. Used to play Beastmen and reguraly got destroyed by fancier armies and how the clunky blocks interacted was no fun. Switched over to Orks in 40k and had a lot more fun. 

Had to lurk and read about AoS for the longest time because all the whfb players were throwinf hissy fits over the transition amd refused to even try it. 

Ghb came around and a friend that had never played miniatures games before except for our quick dive into Dystopian wars, split the core box with me. And we loved it.

I've been claiming skulls ever since!

• 4 weeks later...

When Bretonnia, my first beloved army,  fell in the aftermath of the death of WFB, GW lost me for AoS.  However, as Orcs were getting jerked around in 40K, I became attracted to Ironjawz and started buying a force.  Then, while digging through some old WFB kits I found the Night Goblins that I was flirting with as a secondary army.  Looking over the Moonclan rules and the new edition, as two other players at my LGS have a better start on the Orruks than I do, I find myself wanting to get into action with the little green meanies and their friends.

• Like 1

I didn't rage quit I just gave up on 40k & WFB & went over to Historical, warmahoardes, malifaux & a few others.

But I just moved to the US from the UK & all my armies are still in the UK. Apart from my Malifaux & Bloodbowl.

My son in law has age of sigma so I bought the DoK wartome & looking forward to playing again.

I was really looking forward to AoS but it followed too closely after End Times for me. Especially after I'd forked out on a Malekith the Ascendant King army. XD

So I quit.....hard. Sold off my 5000 points Ork & Gobbos army and fell out of the GW hobby for about 4 years.

Then my daughter was looking at Stormcast Eternals & I thought well what's the harm? Now I'm working on my own SE's with some other armies in the pipeline possibly. 

BCC

• 3 weeks later...

I got into AoS this summer and now I'm fully addicted to the plastic crack. For me it was Warhammer Total War that introduced me to Warhammer and when I heard that AoS was simpler than 40k and less oppressively grimdark I thought I would give it a shot. 

I don't know if it was the same everywhere, but with the game group I play with 2nd edition really seems to have brought people into the game. A lot of people were on the fence and are now jumping in. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of those fence sitters who finally jumped in. I've never played any version of Warhammer but was a devoted reader of Old World fiction. I was tempted to jump-into WHFB but right as I was about to start, the End Times were announced and I was pretty unhappy about that. I thought the launch of AoS was pretty clumsily handled all around so I sat back and wait to see what happened. 

The timing of the second edition/Soul Wars worked out perfectly for me. I'm about to paint my first minis ever tomorrow. While I miss the Old World, I'm pretty intrigued by what AoS has become.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Never really rage quit..............drifted away from WFB due to boredom with what it had turned into around 7th and didn't bother with 8th after a couple of tries..........then drifted away from GW altogether from boredom over what they had turned into............went pure historical.

Gave AOS a try when it came out, didn't think much of it really. And I still can't make head nor tails of the setting? Are there actual people in these realms? Society?

But.........I like a modelling project, I like to cut loose with painting and making things, which only goes so far with historical stuff, so a bit of a loose approach is kinda what AOS is for, isn't it? Certainly for me.

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Mosquito onthe TenthFloor try reading the new Novella books, they establish peoples and settings really well. Skaven Pestilens also does well even though the civilization it describes is somewhat torn to bits by the rats. 

Cheers! I'll have a flick through one in Waterstones or somewhere to see. Always found much of the Black Library a bit too purple for my taste, but I'll certainly give it a look and see.

• 1 month later...

I'm just crawling back into AoS after being furious at the death of the Old World. I still miss a lot of that John Blanche aesthetic, but... AoS is really fun. It's been a long time since I found a wargame this accessible and engaging. I kind of feel bad about that initial reaction now...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Returning after a few years to give AoS a try as I miss war-gaming and couldnt get into Warmachine and 40k never truly grew on me when I played

Quiet after 8th died as the game at the time was not what I wanted as a tournament gamer.

Was a good High elf player and played in many big events 

Did an average podcast which died with 8th as we all went our separate ways

Looking forward to getting some games in and my first AoS tournament will probably be in October 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 1:09 AM, Bodric said:

I'm just crawling back into AoS after being furious at the death of the Old World. I still miss a lot of that John Blanche aesthetic, but... AoS is really fun. It's been a long time since I found a wargame this accessible and engaging. I kind of feel bad about that initial reaction now...

No need to.

I believe AoS changed course so significantly that it is possible to have disliked its initial iteration and like it now, without having been "wrong" at the start.

• Like 1