Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SIGMAR

The Rage Quit Amnesty

On 8/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, PhallusDominus said:

Borrow it, play a game, you're going to love it. It's much more dynamic than WFB, and with the new Core Book they gave us a world to explore and expand upon. The last Malign Portent campaign story was decided by votes you could win by painting models, playing games in stores etc. It felt like you had a part to play in the development of the story. Got hooked pretty fast this way..

Cheers, I've had a few games now and it's a ton of fun. :D

• Like 1

hi all, new member here, must say I started in this hobby back in 5 ed fantasy and loved it! then I started getting into 40k and now 30k. when AOS dropped I was hopefull.... until pretty much anyone and everyone I knew that played (friends and in my gaming club) basically said goodbye to it.. so like pretty much everyone else i played primarily 40k. My gaming group is small maybe 15people or so. About 2 years ago I tried to do a slow grow campaign for AOS but no one was interested, I tried many times to get some new blood flowing for AOS. Now that the 2ed dropped everyone in my gaming club is going crazy for it and we are seeing growth in the club with new members and more people playing, which is great for me cuz nagash needs souls and I live to serve lol

• Like 1

I actually rage quit Whfb. Used to play Beastmen and reguraly got destroyed by fancier armies and how the clunky blocks interacted was no fun. Switched over to Orks in 40k and had a lot more fun. 

Had to lurk and read about AoS for the longest time because all the whfb players were throwinf hissy fits over the transition amd refused to even try it. 

Ghb came around and a friend that had never played miniatures games before except for our quick dive into Dystopian wars, split the core box with me. And we loved it.

I've been claiming skulls ever since!

When Bretonnia, my first beloved army,  fell in the aftermath of the death of WFB, GW lost me for AoS.  However, as Orcs were getting jerked around in 40K, I became attracted to Ironjawz and started buying a force.  Then, while digging through some old WFB kits I found the Night Goblins that I was flirting with as a secondary army.  Looking over the Moonclan rules and the new edition, as two other players at my LGS have a better start on the Orruks than I do, I find myself wanting to get into action with the little green meanies and their friends.

• Like 1

I didn't rage quit I just gave up on 40k & WFB & went over to Historical, warmahoardes, malifaux & a few others.

But I just moved to the US from the UK & all my armies are still in the UK. Apart from my Malifaux & Bloodbowl.

My son in law has age of sigma so I bought the DoK wartome & looking forward to playing again.

Well i rage quit at the end of 6th, now pretty much into Heresy and 40k and toying with starting an 13 model army for AoS.  Still on the fence though.

I quit the game when it just came out and went on to 40k.

the problem with aos at the beginning was the lack of a point system (very frustrating when your local clubs instead takes wounds as a game currency)

i got back to the hobby when the ghb 2016came out.

I kind of was forced to ragequit since all people in my area did. Then I supported T9A, became a 3D Charakter Artist Freelancer (for Tabletop), got fed up with T9A and was led to AoS by Morathi. ^^

I was really looking forward to AoS but it followed too closely after End Times for me. Especially after I'd forked out on a Malekith the Ascendant King army. XD

So I quit.....hard. Sold off my 5000 points Ork & Gobbos army and fell out of the GW hobby for about 4 years.

Then my daughter was looking at Stormcast Eternals & I thought well what's the harm? Now I'm working on my own SE's with some other armies in the pipeline possibly. 

BCC