The Rage Quit Amnesty

SIGMAR

Are you a rage quitter? 

Did you previously throw all your toys out and vow to never player Warhammer again? 

Own up here, confess your sins and all will be forgiven in the eyes of Sigmar.  You will be reforged and thrown back into the mortal realms ready to join in with the AoS community.  

• Like 23
  • Haha 7

I am a lurker as far as Age of Sigmar is concerned.  I still buy models I  just have not bought so much into the new world.  Just ordered a bunch of the new orcs and like a lot of the Age of sigmar art.  If the digital books were cheaper I prop ably would have picked them up.

Overall I love this hobby and love talking about miniatures and painting and hope to add in a positive manor to the forum.  And if I can help Gork or Mork bash a few heads along the way all the better

• Like 3

I know plenty of people who've raged quit or worse, switched to KOW.

I've been lucky enough to nab cheap models on ebay/bartertown in the ragequitting fad...but I think people are coming around now. 

And Domus, you've totally redeemed yourself with that recent army!

• Like 2

When AoS first dropped I must admit I lost interest, I was gutted, but I don't think I ever rage quit (although I'm sure a few members of my gaming group would disagree, I can be a bit vocal!). I pretty much stopped playing with my greenskins and focused on my CSM 40k army

Since then though, my play time has taken a massive hit, due to study, and I don't get weekly games like I used to. This means that the 40k rules are just too overwhelming, as in the time between games I would become unfamiliar with the rules meaning my games of 40k were less enjoyable. So I decided to revisit AoS.

Honestly, this game is perfect for me. I remember the first time I tried it after a break from playing due to assignments etc. I turned up at club with my orcs, nothing prepared, no list, no pre-thought or anything, and I thought to myself; "what do I fancy playing with tonight?". I then just started unpacking models to play with as I fancied until I had enough to play with for that evenings game (it's probably worth noting we were using a pool system we developed as a group to "balance" games).

That was when I was hooked, I had a great game, and I haven't looked back since. I have now got a fairly hefty project planned for the summer when I am between modules (hello Ironjawz, goodbye money) and I have already vowed that I am going to SCGT next year.

AoS is better than 8th to me now, playing the game is way more fun.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

• Like 3

I'm sorry to confess that I too rage quit. I think I said something along the lines of, 'I'm done with bying Games Workshop's stupid plastic toys'. How wrong I was. I'm all in with AoS now. Been playing Warhammer on and off for over 25 years. AoS has me enthused like never before.

Forgive me Sigmar!

• Like 4

I carried on playing 8th for two months when AoS first started, I didn't like the stormcast and detest Khorne. I sold my 8th Edition Beastmen army.

I then went all in, basically overnight! Rebased all my Wood Elves, started a Bretonnian Army, Collected a Stormcast army and I am now painting a Seraphon army.. In the pipeline for this year will also be a war band from Azyr and then onto another AoS tastic Beastmen Army.

AoS is now my life... Sigmar, you win.

• Like 2

Waaagh!!!!
Interesting! Here we have Sigmar and Nagash! Hahaha.. Where's my Gorkamorka? Oh and watch out for that Archaon..
And will we see Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and the missing God Slaanesh? LOL..

I love the new story-line of Warhammer Fantasy. I like the old world and it's setting but this high fantasy is the bomb.
Super intrigue by the new direction. A true imagination playground for fantasy fans. Nothing is impossible. 

Watch out for a intelligent Orruk Warboss that can count to 100!!!

Edited by gnaleinad
warboss!
  • Like 1

I too had abandoned the way of the warrior and have been playing other games since the End Times rolled out.  With 2 kids under 4 and limited gaming time I just didn't see the value of a game where "you just push all your models in the middle and roll dice".  I have listened to several podcasts recently (Shout out to Garage Hammer and Heelan Hammer) and have seen the error in my ways.

I had previously played Dwarves and Brets but I figured with a new game comes a new army and I have a Maw Krusha and box of Brutes on my desk.  Looking forward to getting back into the game that started it all for me with a mighty WAAAAGH!!!

I rage quit when 8th edition came out and sold off most of my Clan. When Age of Sigmar was announced I was skeptical, but after a few months started looking into the lore and everything and I simply got excited again.

Sigmar be damned though, I need to atone to the Great Horned Rat. I will be forever shamed that I missed the glorious moment of his ascension! Please forgive me for my lack of faith oh most cunning of schemers, most eternal of patriarchs, wisest of the gods and most devious of corruptors!

• Like 2