Your Favorite Mortarch

ElectricPaladin

Who is your favorite Mortarch?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Arkhan
    • Mannfred
    • Neferata

I magnetized my Mortarch kit, but I've never fielded it as anything but Mannfred. He's the classic villain, all about shredding weaker foes and running away from things that could kill him. He's a coward, but I don't blame him. With immortality on his side, running away is always the better option. Here's a pic of my 2k army with Mannfred. I converted up the ogres he makes into zombies in the audio dramas. They count as crypt horrors. 59446863b7acec0572fa36e665d665a5.jpg

2 hours ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

I magnetized my Mortarch kit, but I've never fielded it as anything but Mannfred. He's the classic villain, all about shredding weaker foes and running away from things that could kill him. He's a coward, but I don't blame him. With immortality on his side, running away is always the better option. Here's a pic of my 2k army with Mannfred. I converted up the ogres he makes into zombies in the audio dramas. They count as crypt horrors. 59446863b7acec0572fa36e665d665a5.jpg

God I wish GW did some ogor zombies when I heard manny raised some in the audio drama I was praying that GW does a kit of them. Plus the conversion looks awesome noob

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Paul Chapman said:

Bring back Vlad say I.

What little I know of the man suggests that he'd be my favorite. Kind of a Noble Demon antihero, someone who you can't help but admire, who achieves some good, but is still a fundamentally pretty selfish person.

Sadly, he's not an option. I think I'm going to go with Neferata, because she has a lot of the same qualities (anti-heroic, a builder not a destroyer, fundamentally selfish but not monstrous, victim of circumstance and her own ambition, a sympathetic devil). But if they release an AoS version of Vlad, I might get him, too.

2 minutes ago, klunc said:

I don't think being stabbed in the back by Mannfred (metaphorically) was really closure... 

He sired a creepy af vampire family in a 300 year plan to topple the Empire and was eventually betrayed by the creepiest member of the aforementioned vampire family,  pretty good story circle right there. Also he was the bad guy and he died.

Spoiler

rxUU1UJ.jpg

Just now, Double Misfire said:

He sired a creepy af vampire family in a 300 year plan to topple the Empire and was eventually betrayed by the creepiest member of the aforementioned vampire family,  pretty good story circle right there. Also he was the bad guy and he died.

Reveal hidden contents

rxUU1UJ.jpg

You take that back! Mannfred's not creepy, he's adorable... in a sneaky, conniving sort of way...

Well yes it's because he sucked up so much magic and power and learned the deepest secrets of nagash is the reason why he looks this way. He believes it was part of his vanity that got himself killed hence he shaved his head as a reminder and since he is dead that hair is not coming back. To him vanity is now a weakness for a vampire. 

He does not really care much for his appearance some von carsteins do but I imagine many do not. Plus I like Manny as a baldy caring about your flesh and being vain won't get you any further to being a undead overlord it's mot likely going to hinder you. 

Hell this is Nagash's chief problem with neferata. 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Well yes it's because he sucked up so much magic and power and learned the deepest secrets of nagash is the reason why he looks this way. He believes it was part of his vanity that got himself killed hence he shaved his head as a reminder and since he is dead that hair is not coming back. To him vanity is now a weakness for a vampire. 

He does not really care much for his appearance some von carsteins do but I imagine many do not. Plus I like Manny as a baldy. 

Nice. Is that in one of the WFB undead novels? I haven't read any of them.

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Nice. Is that in one of the WFB undead novels? I haven't read any of them.

Yes it's in return of nagash I personally believe it's the best end times book. Since you get a real good look at Mannfred's inner thoughts. He directly states he shaved his head as a reminder that vanity is a weakness and he felt his vanity is what got him killed in the past. Plus the relatinoship between Arkhan and mannfred is awesome. :D 

Arkhan upon their meeting in sylvania is surprised at how good at magic Mannfred is considering age between the two of them. Since mannfred does not call all that much for his appearance he put all his focus and energy in improving his necromantic power which is important if you want an eternal kingdom of night. Heck Arkhan was somewhat impressed with his book collection. 

Honestly Vlad suffered from this problem in the vampire war novels many vampires note that Vlad is "pretending" waaaay too much that he is more human than he is which will cost him in the end. 

As I said before this is Nagash's problem with neferata is because she is not vain and her plans don't extend beyond her flesh. 

Archived