The Painting Contract - November 2021

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2021!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe@TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

Painting stuff I actually want to use in my lists? Nah...

Painting an extra battlemage even though I don't even run my first one? SIGN ME UP!

20211103_091941.jpg.e3993802fa71c050961985fc38512f5a.jpg

Painted the guy on the right yesterday. It's Arcobalde Lazerne from Broken Realms. It's really funny how you get primed to paint models a certain way sometimes. I don't know when the Hurricanum/Luminark kit was released. Some time around the End Times I'd guess? In any case, since then the Hysh battlemage you can build out of that kit has looked like this:

99120202031_LuminarkofHyshSingle2.jpg

But then during Broken Realms ol' Archy Lazer comes along and suddenly I can't imagine painting that mini with anything but dark skin anymore. It totally works for a light wizard, too! Surely all that sun will give you a nice tan after a while.

I have been experimenting with Green Stuff World's Pure Metal Pigments on this guy. I highly recommend them! They make probably the best gold paint I have used so far. I mix them with a glossy dark brown for the first coat, and with gloss varnish for the second. That gives you a rich gold that you can even paint directly over a white primer with no issues.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I will finish my Drycha, finally!

But what else...? I wanted to spray some Nighthaunts, but i probably attend a tournament in January with my Sylvaneth and still have some units to do.

So...everything after Drycha is a surprise for now :D

Edit: List of to Do's for Drycha: Claws, Insects, Leaves, Base and metalic charms and jewelery

Edited by Xil
  • Like 1

Little late for my pledge this month, but this is what I'm hoping to get done:

- Paint 1 Canoptek Spyder for 40k

- Paint 2x Bloodreavers

- Paint 10x Necron Warriors

- Build 3x Skorpek Destroyers

- Build 1 canoptek plasmacyte

- Build 1 Necrons Overlord

I know it's a lot of 40k stuff (please don't boot me out lol) so I threw some aos stuff in there, we'll see how things go!

• Haha 2