Open And Narrative Battleplan Generator ?

Hounsou83

Hello Everyone!

Are there some tools to create like the "old" open play cards battleplans for narrative and open play (apart the one in the 3.0 core book?)

I found that in this edition the matched play battleplans with grand strategies and secondary objective too much "overcomplicated" than simple battleplans!

I've got all the old General handbooks and i found that if we can mix all the past combination of the older general handbooks the selection of missions will be infinite!

What do you think?

Thanks! 

I completely agree! 3000% agree.
Yes, this year's matched play Battle Tactics (in particular) make it unnecessarily complex.

I agree so much w this idea, that I had already started doing it 3 years ago!

Lots of battleplans, all the way from Mighty Battles, Realmgate Wars to the modular rules from GHB2018 and more.
I split them all into components.
But haven't finished yet, Ive gotten "distracted" running Narrative Events 😅. Some battleplans are hard to fit into cards.

958352660_UnboundWarcardsAgeofSigmarcover.png.f97d577e1c005589945c80a3e59330cc.png

I've made all the new AoS 3.0 Open War table entries into cards (download here) and printed em, and folks at my local shop have been loving it for its ease of use.
The Arcane Prize is especially loved, as a few times it's exploded a trap in their faces!

The Open Play is really the best casual game engine, now that points are a part of every game mode.
No fuss, straightforward battles that still test the way every army and combo and strategy can work... without the more complicated scoring mechanics.

image.jpeg.47c65e5900086de0de3c93e04849771d.jpeg

This has gotten me motivated to finally get the first edition of the cards done, and everyone could help playtest them.

How does that sound?

Edited by Nuno M
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 6 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 1:13 AM, Nuno M said:

I completely agree! 3000% agree.
Yes, this year's matched play Battle Tactics (in particular) make it unnecessarily complex.

I agree so much w this idea, that I had already started doing it 3 years ago!

Lots of battleplans, all the way from Mighty Battles, Realmgate Wars to the modular rules from GHB2018 and more.
I split them all into components.
But haven't finished yet, Ive gotten "distracted" running Narrative Events 😅. Some battleplans are hard to fit into cards.

958352660_UnboundWarcardsAgeofSigmarcover.png.f97d577e1c005589945c80a3e59330cc.png

I've made all the new AoS 3.0 Open War table entries into cards (download here) and printed em, and folks at my local shop have been loving it for its ease of use.
The Arcane Prize is especially loved, as a few times it's exploded a trap in their faces!

The Open Play is really the best casual game engine, now that points are a part of every game mode.
No fuss, straightforward battles that still test the way every army and combo and strategy can work... without the more complicated scoring mechanics.

image.jpeg.47c65e5900086de0de3c93e04849771d.jpeg

This has gotten me motivated to finally get the first edition of the cards done, and everyone could help playtest them.

How does that sound?

Any update on this , open war is my groups preferred way to play when playing Path of Glory games as until the weekend there where only 6 battle plans (now 12).  #

It is so interesting from my perspective, where I love the battle tactics for adding an extra layer of strategy to the game, to see people who don't prefer it for making things too complicated. A good reminder of the diversity in mindsets and how people play the game differently.

I wish you all good luck in your endeavors!

On 4/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, Sonnenspeer said:

The Thondia Book has new open play rules. I'm going to have a game with this next week. Will be a nice break from thinking about battle tactics and all this fuzz. Also maybe a monster appear in the middle of the board :D

May i ask what content i can find in the book for open play? Might have to buy it now.