Need List help please

SoSoCho

Ive fallen in love with the soulblight and want to start my army. I really like prince vhordrai so I want him on the list. Ive seen lists with 10-15 blood knights but are there other good lists which includes Vhordrai ? Please help so I can start spending my money :)

best regards

3 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Ive fallen in love with the soulblight and want to start my army. I really like prince vhordrai so I want him on the list. Ive seen lists with 10-15 blood knights but are there other good lists which includes Vhordrai ? Please help so I can start spending my money :)

best regards

Depends.

what exactly is a good list in your perspective.

to be considered a good list in my eyes, you would at least need 1-2 doomwheels in your army, and to do so, you would need to dedicate your list to the skaven race.

considering that I believe there is currently no way for a good list in my perspective to even be able to legally take Vhordrai into my army.

This could of course work in a narrative game, yet I’m not sure why a named vampire lord, who very likely is dedicated to serve the most hated dead-thing Nagash, would join the skaven, who clearly have killed his master once.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

This could of course work in a narrative game, yet I’m not sure why a named vampire lord, who very likely is dedicated to serve the most hated dead-thing Nagash, would join the skaven, who clearly have killed his master once.

🤔 maybe Manni has a bad relapse of backstabbing (and vhordrai got himself cursed too, iirc the fluff, for trying to ditch Naggis corpse to the chaos gods)

Edited by Honk
Phone hickup desaster

5 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Ive seen lists with 10-15 blood knights but are there other good lists which includes Vhordrai ?

Since Prince V shares a model with the VloZd, there are a bunch of lists… and both models are interchangeable, depending on preference, artifact and trait considerations 

Classic Vyrkos as a bigger faster Radukar variation, with belladamma. with neffi in blood, with Manni in wherever, even beside Nagash things are possible. With a vengorian and a bunch of gheists 
And of course classic kastelaii double dragon 🥳 V and VloZd, 4x5 knights 2x10 dogs, not very competitive but trve

Not really true. The difficulty is Prince V is a very self contained package of PUNCH HARD so can slot into virtually any type of list. You’ll probably want something else durable and fighty to take advantage of Prince V Command ability; ideally something that can in return offer V something back like increased survivability (Neferetta) or optimising damage output (Radukar the Beast, Mannfred, Nagash if your crazy) or a utility piece for a artefact/traits (Vengorian Lord, VLoZD).

After this you probably want some mobile Lane blockers like Dire Wolves, Fell Bats or even at a push Black Knights to help prevent PV getting bogged down in the wrong fights. 

Then you look to shore up the weaknesses of the list; Claiming and protecting objectives, grinding fights and shooting. So either big or tough units and this is where Soulblight opens up as there are just so many options. Zombies, Skeletons, Grave Guard, Blood Knights.. All with a slightly different role and focus. 

Prince V naturally lends himself to being played in the Kastelai dynasty as they’ll get to benefit from all the traits and artefacts. But again their self contained nature let’s you drop it into other dynasties without major issues. 

If I was buying my way into Soulblight I’d grab the Flesh Eater Courts start collecting for Prince V (and some Vargheists) (flip the ghouls If you can), Start collecting Soulblight (20 Graveguard are great) and then a box of Dire Wolves. Better to start small and build out. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SoSoCho said:

Ty... yea seems I need to play the knights :(

Look above…

and as I said, you have PV or the VloZd, both are singular and independent pieces that fit in almost any list you can write. The prince might need another melee hero nearby to get the most of his CA, while the VloZd doesn’t have one, but might like a trait or artifact.

Just built any type of 1,5k list you like, from any dynasty, throw the big boy on top and worry about min/maxing later…

Edited by Honk

Ty for the replies :)

i got myself:

start collect flesh eater courts: for the Prince and vargheist. 

Start collect skeleton horde: for the mannfred and skellies.

And then start collect soulblight.

Maybe il get a pack of direwolves and a necromancer also :)

im excited Because this is my first Death army :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, SoSoCho said:

Ty for the replies :)

i got myself:

start collect flesh eater courts: for the Prince and vargheist. 

Start collect skeleton horde: for the mannfred and skellies.

And then start collect soulblight.

Maybe il get a pack of direwolves and a necromancer also :)

im excited Because this is my first Death army :)

Welcome to the faction! I myself got started with them in AoS when someone gave me a flesh eater courts army as a tip for some commission work and haven't looked back. I love the vampires myself, and there are a lot of things we do well. The ability to shrug off losses and revive units and models allows for in my opinion the best anvils for their point cost of any grand alliance, with Prince V, blood knights, some of the new vampire/werewolf hybrids like Radukar, graveguard, and even nagash as good punchy units to key off our large skeleton/zombie blocks.

In terms of the models you are considering next: I liked the necromancer in the past, but unless you intend for your main hammer to be graveguard, I don't think he is as necessary this edition (I run my grave guard in 10s with the great weapon out of a backfield grave site as a sort of "secondary" attack with blood knights as my main assault). Direwolves are also quite interesting as just fast raw wounds for objective grabbing, and for use with Belladomma (the vampire/werewolf matriarch who is quite strong) as she is able to use her spell on a ranged unit, and turn a model or two into dire wolves which are then "in combat" with that unit potentially doing more damage or tying it up so it cannot shoot more useful targets. I'd certainly pick up direwolves if I were going down that route, and I think I'd rank them higher in priority than a necromancer.

The faction is in a good place overall, with several builds showing promise, and the core identity well represented in the ruleset and on the tabletop. We just bring waves of expendable undead while our elite units cut through the things that matter. Every time the opponent has to shoot or fight skeletons in combat (or zombies) we pull ahead, as we can revive those losses much easier than they can usually. If you like big centerpieces, Nagash is also looking quite a bit more useful this edition than some points in the past, and is a very efficient $/ wound if you want to expand to 2000 points, as are most of our vampires. 

19 hours ago, jjb070707 said:

The faction is in a good place overall, with several builds showing promise,

QfT +1000 !!!1!!

while the overall fluff is not in a good state for AoS in regards to oldhammer, the sheer diversity and valid options for casual games is just awesome.
And while you might struggle to compete against top tournament 4 mega SoB lists 🙄 there will be threee totally different and interesting GLSB lists going wild in 4-1 tier. 

Almost every unit is usable and even BlackKnights are getting discussed again. 
Great time to be Dead 🧛🏻‍♂️🍷💀👍

• 2 weeks later...

Ty forbthe replies guys ^^ So I painted all the above mentioned units I bought. Now next step. 

I am getting a Mannfred Von carstein ^^ (he is awesome). But then I am unsure wether to get :

another FEC start box for a zombie dragon and vargheist

Or a pack of direwolves, belladama and lauka vai ?

What do u think ? Or other suggestions :)

On 10/28/2021 at 10:13 PM, SoSoCho said:

What do u think ? Or other suggestions :)

Depends on your taste….

bloodknights are great

graveguard are funny

wolves with Radukar and grandma is cool

vengorians are also valid

zombies and skellis are widely used 

🤷🏿‍♀️ Carpe jugulum 🍷🧛🏻‍♂️

I'd also like to suggest a Vengorian with Vhordrai.  Venga's beefy enough to take meaningful advantage of Vhordrai's command ability, fast enough to more or less keep up with him, & it's debuff aura is great support for both Vhordrai and blood knights, which you'll want to take advantage of in Kastelai.  You don't have to go all blood knights all the time, but you do probably want to take at least 1 unit per 1000 points in your army.