AoS3- Big Waaagh!

Dahawi

@5kaven5lave I'm not sure i see the synergy in your list. You have lot of shooting that will not benefit from mid game big waaagh bonus. I think big waaagh objective is play heavy melee with some shooting. With so much shooting you could almost justified Gordrack tough ;)

i also think Wurgog is worth the extra investiment over the wardock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broche said:

@5kaven5lave I'm not sure i see the synergy in your list. You have lot of shooting that will not benefit from mid game big waaagh bonus. I think big waaagh objective is play heavy melee with some shooting. With so much shooting you could almost justified Gordrack tough ;)

i also think Wurgog is worth the extra investiment over the wardock.

Yeah, good points, think I got a bit carried away with the shooting, gonna try either:

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: 
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (480)**
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Command Trait: Hulking Brute  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Loud 'Un
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (300)*
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
10 x Orruk Brutes (320)**
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (170)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (170)**
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (150)**
- Jagged Gore-hackas
Beast-skewer Killbow (130)**
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 135
Drops: 5

Or go for a slightly more shooty variant:

- Triumphs: 
- General
- Mount Trait: Loud 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (115)**
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*
- Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Ardboys (170)*
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)**
- Reinforced x 1
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 130

Both more solid list I think. Personnaly i prefer the second (i might even drop 1 warchanter for more bodies but it's arguable)

Another variant would be to switch warlord for command entourage. Going from 5 to 4 drop would give you who go first pick against other list with Warlord, at the expense of 1 CP per game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, broche said:

Both more solid list I think. Personnaly i prefer the second (i might even drop 1 warchanter for more bodies but it's arguable)

Another variant would be to switch warlord for command entourage. Going from 5 to 4 drop would give you who go first pick against other list with Warlord, at the expense of 1 CP per game

Command Entourage is a great shout, had completely forgotten about that. Could even swap the 2nd Warchanter for a cheeky unit of 3 Boltboyz as that takes it to 2k on the nose but it’s probably overkill. 

I am happy to get some input on the two following mixed Big Waaagh lists. I would love to have all of the 3 factions, even though I am well aware that Bonesplitterz are sadly pretty lackluster.

Bacon

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*
- Mount Trait: Smelly 'Un
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
- General
- Command Trait: One Wiv Da Beast - Power of the Were-boar
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Power of the Were-boar
Orruk Megaboss (140)**
- Artefact: Destroyer
Orruk Warchanter (115)**

Battleline
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**
5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)**
5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)**

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (300)**
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Savage Boarboys (280)**
- Chompas
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Wounds: 152

The idea is to try and farm Waaagh points early on, putting the Boarboys up front to hold off the opponent from objectives, maybe a bit expensive for a "throw-away unit" but it might serve as a first strike (avg. 15 wounds against 4+ save with Green Tusks if they charged).

Boltboyz's ranged support damage avarages around 8 wounds on a 4+ save target.

Gore Gruntas with +2/+2/-2/2 are just ridiculous, even the Snatchaboss and the Footboss (+Destroyer) are unexpeted lategame threats in Big Waaagh.

Sunday Roast

Spoiler

- Triumphs:

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (90)
Orruk Warchanter (115)
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (300)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Voice of the Great Green God
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Power of the Were-boar

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (495)
- Stikkas
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Orruk Brutes (320)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Orruk Brutes (320)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1

Units
3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 164
Drops: 3

This is like a list a few entries earlier, 2x Brutes in Big Waaagh are just nasty. Teleporting 60 Wounds with a 6+ Ward is just wickedly entertaining and Gobsprakk is included for the utility he brings with his spell lore.

Edited by Keilerei
  • Like 1

Your budget on points does not leave you many options. Maybe go for a 10 man squad Savage Orruks and to min size units Ardboys just to have some bodies on the board and to synergize with your two heroes. I find Big Waaagh a lot more defensive than IJ. You need at least 2 turns to get "Bash 'Em", so take stuff that stays around a bit. 1000 pts Big Waaagh is already not our best discipline and taking a Mawkrusha is a handicap in my opinion. But Maybe I am wrong and take 2x 5 Brutes or 2 units of Gore Gruntas and smash face. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Keilerei said:

Your budget on points does not leave you many options. Maybe go for a 10 man squad Savage Orruks and to min size units Ardboys just to have some bodies on the board and to synergize with your two heroes. I find Big Waaagh a lot more defensive than IJ. You need at least 2 turns to get "Bash 'Em", so take stuff that stays around a bit. 1000 pts Big Waaagh is already not our best discipline and taking a Mawkrusha is a handicap in my opinion. But Maybe I am wrong and take 2x 5 Brutes or 2 units of Gore Gruntas and smash face. 

I've bumped up the point total to 1500 to make it a bit more fun. How would u rate this?

LEADERS
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (560) - General
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)

UNITS
5 x Orruk Brutes (160) - Jagged Gore-hackas
10 x Savage Orruks (165) - Chompas
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)

TOTAL: 1495/1500 WOUNDS: 109

This way i have 500 points for some kruleboyz goodness in the future. 

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

I've bumped up the point total to 1500 to make it a bit more fun. How would u rate this?

LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)

UNITS

I personally like this list a LOT!! The Wurrgogs are brilliant, I recently stared down Nagash and it was an epic face-off. Mawkrusha is always fine. The Morboys with "smash- and bash 'em" are mega fun, during "Waaagh!" should you call it, every model has 5 attacks after they charged, even a 3+ save model recieves 8-9 dmg on average, without any support.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:15 AM, AlmGandix3 said:
2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)

UNITS

This way i have 500 points for some kruleboyz goodness in the future. 

Personally, I don't think big Waaagh should be without a warchanter. You're relying on getting waaghpoints as fast a possible and ideally want teach 20 in turn 2. Having a guaranteed 2pts every turn really speeds up this process.

5 minutes ago, Dahawi said:

Personally, I don't think big Waaagh should be without a warchanter. You're relying on getting waaghpoints as fast a possible and ideally want teach 20 in turn 2. Having a guaranteed 2pts every turn really speeds up this process.

What would u cut for a warchanter? It doesnt have many targets in this list to buff up and i dont know if i want to drop a wurrgog prophet or a unit of morboyz for a possible point increase. 

7 hours ago, Iksdee said:

What would u cut for a warchanter? It doesnt have many targets in this list to buff up and i dont know if i want to drop a wurrgog prophet or a unit of morboyz for a possible point increase. 

That's true, he could o to target the brutes. But, if you swap a prophet for a warchanter you'll gain D6+3 Waaagh points a turn instead of D6+1. Granted, once you reach 24/30pts the prophet will be more useful, but getting those important bonuses in turn 1 or 2 will get you off on a stronger foot.

• Like 1

Tought I would share some feed back. Played a mirror match yerterday, so not that relevant on a strategy perspective. But getting the in game vibe of waaagh point build up might interesting: My list:

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!
- Triumphs:
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (480)*
- General
- Boss Choppa and Rip-tooth fist
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
- Mount Trait: Smelly 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)**
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)**
5 x Orruk Brutes (160)**
- Pair of Brute Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (300)**
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (80)
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (80)
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Battle Regiment
Artefact

Total: 1965 / 2000
Wounds: 140
Drops: 6

He was playing something really similar, but with Rogue Idol and Kruleboyz balista over Gruntas and Big Stabbas and Wurgog.

So the first thing worth mentioning is that waaagh point from charge and combat are much more important than before (every unit generate them instead than 10-mens units like before). We both had d6 + 3 WP per turn and both rolled a 1 on first turn. I tried the heroic ability and missed (he didn't). By then end of R1 we both each an extra point for charging and engaged unit at the end of the combat phase. On his turn (2.1) he roll a 4 or 5 and had 1 charge (his Maw Krusha) to end the turn at 14, just shy of the +1 to hit. At the start of my turn i roll a 4 as well and are now sitting at 13 WP, with most of my army in good position to charge. I managed to charge with 5 units (18 at the end of the charge phase good for the +1 to hit) and 4 engaged unit at the end of the combat phase, triggering the +1 to wound for next turn).

So my reflexion was that round 1 should be pretty conservative for Big waagh army. The objective is really to minimize your loss so ensure you head into round 2 and 3 with as much unit as possible. Unlike in v2 where you could rush for turn 2 +1/+1 (using the command ability) in v3 we have to rely much more on combat. On the other hand, the fact that we have easy access to mighty destroyer really boost the army mobility compared to v2. With that in mind my overall game plan with the army would look like:

turn 1: Spread and put pressure on objective (watch out for enemy shooting by checking distance and deepstrike). Grind some stuff with shooting. Don't overcommit big point chunk (ex. Maw Krusha)

turn 2: Charge if you can trigger the +1 to hit. If not redeploy wait 1 more turn. 

turn 3: Fight

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after much theorycraft and testing I think I’ve finally found my list:

- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
- General
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*

Battleline
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)**
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**

Units
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Reinforced x 1

Artillery

Core Battalions
**Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1955 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 129
Drops: 4

So obviously it all dies / loses to Sentinels, Bowsnakes etc., but as a half-decent BW list I think it holds up.

It all castles up with overlapping buffs nicely and can move out of the castle quickly if it does need to go first.

Killbow is swingy but Boltboyz have been deadly for me and can be teleported with GGHoG.

Low points gives decent shout of a triumph and future-proofs inevitable Grunta points rises.

5 Ardboys screen for a Brute counterpunch. Gutrippaz over 10 Ardboys as there’s a tiny chance they might live long enough to get some synergy with the Swampcalla, whereas Boys are way down the list of potential targets for the WC.

Obviously Wurrgog is super fun times.

Just wanted to share but any improvement suggestions much appreciated!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Well, after much theorycraft and testing I think I’ve finally found my list:

- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
- General
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (115)*
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*

Battleline
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)**
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**

Units
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Reinforced x 1

Artillery

Core Battalions
**Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1955 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 129
Drops: 4

So obviously it all dies / loses to Sentinels, Bowsnakes etc., but as a half-decent BW list I think it holds up.

It all castles up with overlapping buffs nicely and can move out of the castle quickly if it does need to go first.

Killbow is swingy but Boltboyz have been deadly for me and can be teleported with GGHoG.

Low points gives decent shout of a triumph and future-proofs inevitable Grunta points rises.

5 Ardboys screen for a Brute counterpunch. Gutrippaz over 10 Ardboys as there’s a tiny chance they might live long enough to get some synergy with the Swampcalla, whereas Boys are way down the list of potential targets for the WC.

Obviously Wurrgog is super fun times.

Just wanted to share but any improvement suggestions much appreciated!!

I like it. Something similar to what I'm theory crafting. The difference is I would change the gutrippas for ardboyz. And fill the rest of the points with 2x savage Big bosses. This gives access to warlord battalion and I get burning tattoos artifact for my wurrgog, which synergizes so well with his stare. And the big bosses fight realy well together for being so cheap I think. 

I am playing path to glory with some friends, and currently building towards this list 😄

I do not own the killabow, so I think maybe it will be replaced by some savage boar boyz. But maybe I should get one 🤔 how is your success with it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smash said:

I do not own the killabow, so I think maybe it will be replaced by some savage boar boyz. But maybe I should get one 🤔 how is your success with it? 

Errrr… It reminds me a bit of Skaven artillery, except it’s even more feast-or-famine. Do find myself rolling a 1 fairly frequently. Mind games are key though, it definitely gives monster-heavy lists something to think about and if you roll well the damage spikes massively.

Love the idea of the SBBs by the way, may well have a game with them one time. I generally like the idea of trying to include some Bonesplitterz but every time I think about a unit I like (eg. Boarboys), I look at the IJ equivalent (Gruntas) and decide against them. 

• Like 1

Played my  list from couple post above (only splitting pig in 2 x 3) in a local tournament yesterday for a 2-1 record (3rd place). Would definitly have won last game if my Wurgog with 4++ has not exploded on the 3rd roll after doing a single mortal wound 😅

Allegiance is pretty strong. Waaagh point build up pretty fast and once youre +1/+1 it's really uphill for your opponent if you still have decent fighting force.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Errrr… It reminds me a bit of Skaven artillery, except it’s even more feast-or-famine. Do find myself rolling a 1 fairly frequently. Mind games are key though, it definitely gives monster-heavy lists something to think about and if you roll well the damage spikes massively.

Love the idea of the SBBs by the way, may well have a game with them one time. I generally like the idea of trying to include some Bonesplitterz but every time I think about a unit I like (eg. Boarboys), I look at the IJ equivalent (Gruntas) and decide against them. 

Sure Gruntas are the way to go and probably the strongest warscroll in the our book, but there might be point changes around the corner, and Boarboys will become more legit. I actually like to charge them early  to get rid off some pesky screens (Glowing Tusks, helps pretty reliably) or I use themselves as super mobile screen, again farming idealy some Waaagh points. I think they are pretty decent in our early game since we need to stay alive until round 2-3, having enough WP to smash. With "Zog 'Em" and "at the double" your pigs could pin your opponent in his deployment zone, or you are lucky and have them with the help of "Get 'Em" and their warscroll drummer on +2 to charge early. Again using them proactive to farm WP, later in the game when you have "smash & bash" online they won't benefit much from it, but until then they should have bought you enough time to slog forward with your Brutes or you are cleaning up with Gruntas.

• Like 1

Played a game today, I usually play kruleboyz but my friends bought me some other orruks as a Christmas present so decided to try a big waaaagh. Was super fun! Definitely will be trying it again.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!  - Grand Strategy: Beast Master  

LEADERS

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (560)*

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (90)**-General- Command Trait: Master of Magic  - Artefact: Arcane Tome - Lore of the Weird: Foot of Gork, Great Green Hand

Savage Big Boss (65)*

Savage Big Boss (65)*

Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)**- Artefact:  Spiker Seeds  - Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex

Wurrgog Prophet (150)**- Artefact:  Dokk Juice  - Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry

UNITS

3 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)*

5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)*

5 x Orruk Ardboys (85)** 

5x Orruk Ardboys (85)** 

5x Orruk Brutes (160)**

BEHEMOTHS

Rogue Idol (430)**

CORE BATTALIONS

*Warlord

**Warlord

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact Artefact

Edited by W1tchhunter

16 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Played a game today, I usually play kruleboyz but my friends bought me some other orruks as a Christmas present so decided to try a big waaaagh. Was super fun! Definitely will be trying it again.

Army Name: Big Waaagh

Army Faction: Orruk Warclans
Army Type: Big Waaagh!
Battlepack: Pitched Battles
Points Limit: 2000 pts                 General: Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
Grand Strategy: Beast Master

Units
Man-skewer Boltboyz (120)
Rogue Idol (430)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Magnificent Bonus: Artefacts of Power

Gordrakk (560)

Orruk Ardboys (85)

Orruk Ardboys (85)

Savage Big Boss (65)

Savage Big Boss (65)

Warlord
Magnificent Bonus: Artefacts of Power

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (General) (90)
Command Traits: Master of Magic
Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
Spells: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork, Foot of Gork

Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Artefacts of Power: Dokk Juice
Spells: Gorkamorka’s War Cry

Orruk Brutes (160)

Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (105)
Artefacts of Power: Spiker Seeds
Spells: Nasty Hex

Orruk Ardboys (85)

Total Points: 2000 pts
Valid: Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

God that is one of the most unreadable lists I've ever seen, apparently the app wasn't designed with usability in mind.

26 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

****** your not wrong O.o Thought it would be the same as the website one. Redone on the website sorry dude.

It's similar to what I'd want to run actually.

The big bosses are weird though, what did you use them for? Actually they are really good for filling out the extra warlord aren't they.

18 hours ago, Malakree said:

It's similar to what I'd want to run actually.

The big bosses are weird though, what did you use them for? Actually they are really good for filling out the extra warlord aren't they.

Well they are only 65 points each. They were both part of the christmas present so wanted to use them. Tbf they pack quite quite the punch when you get the Waagh points for +1 to hit and wound. Because they can both activate at the same time they ended up killing a Wight King on horse, a terrorghiest and half a unit of graveguard before they died.

• Like 2

Here's kind of a fun list with the point reduction in Gobsprakk it makes him interesting. The Swamp Lore is very very good. In Big Waagh next to Idol he can at least get to a +2 cast. 

LEADERS
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (280)
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Heroic Stature
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Warchanter (115)
- Artefact: Arcane Tome
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork