Character Feedback - The Gnoggoth Hunter

Lucio

Have built myself a fun conversion to use with my Kruleboyz army. The concept is a Monstrous Monster Hunter, who tackles the more dangerous beasts that are in demand.

E_1PeTbUcAY7Thg.jpg.0a4812346b76bbac6dd441a5791fb65b.jpg

Have created two versions of rules for them, using the Anvil of Apotheosis based off a Dragon Ogor base model with keyword changes.

One is a "generic" hunter template, and the other is a named character version, the best hunter in the Mortal Realms

What do people think? Does it work as a concept?

E-LkV2uX0AEMlim-1.jpg

E-Ll6oVWEAMWa31-1.jpg

Edited by Lucio

The Spear you chose seem to be the One Handed version, you can choose the 2 hand (Great Spear) which has better stats for 2DP.

For a Monster hunter, hit and wound should be 3+ personally. The weapon change should help achieve that since it frees up the points.

Thematically, based on the Bonesplitta aesthetic, I would reduce his save to 5+ but give him Ethereal or Ward. Would also give it Frenzy or Zealot.

Named Characters usually only cost a few more points so to make him the whole 40, I would give him a Mount or Gargantuan. Can change his Archetype as well, Kruleboys did that with the vulture guy with a named wizard, but an unnamed warrior.

What is a Gnoggoth? That would help with the creative process.

Just my personal thoughts.