On 9/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

I think GW has taken the stance that you're either a disciple of the god specific faction or you're just a human that doesn't worship Sigmar and that makes you a slave to darkness.  Chaos armour isn't really all that anymore, just heavy plate by any other name.

People wanted a human faction that wasn't all about big trousers and stupid feathers and we got it in the form of slaves.

Easier than giving us back the brets, after all that would have been a daft idea.  Nope, a bunch of human non sigmarite fruitloops from each of the realms all wanting a job in the big citadel at the centre of the grand travel hub is where its at.

Sorry, i have to disagree with all of that.

What and who the Hordes of Chaos are is described right at the right at the beginning of the book in the 1st and 2nd section.

1st:

Clad in hellish iron and wielding
cruel rune-marked blades, the Slaves
to Darkness spread war across
the Mortal Realms. To look upon
them is to witness the doom of
civilisation made flesh; barbarous
tribes march alongside chosen
warriors swollen with the favour of
the gods.

2nd:
Yet even these are not the most
dreaded warriors of the ruinous
hosts. That dark honour belongs
to the Champions of Chaos.
Brutish chieftains, fallen knights
and cunning sorcerers vie to earn
the favour of the gods, their lives
dedicated to battle and carnage in
pursuit of divine favour.

It also goes on how everyone tries to raise up the ranks bu pure brutality and combat skills. Most of them end up as Spawns but only the best raise up.
This doesn't sound like the paper pushers in the Eight Folds you are trying to sell here.

The Lore of the Hordes never changed and rightfully, people want to play those god blessed heavy armored killing machines.
What they got instead was cultist looking like deepsea divers, dancers at Moulin Roughe, Slitheren from Harry Potter and other unwanted stuff.

This is the main problem we have here.

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly id hate to see other factions become so defined by warcry warbands as STD is. I don't want slytherin and deep sea divers. I want chaos warriors to fit their lore reading their lore excerpt youd thing that their hits would be potentially devastating. Not asking for this but the way the book reads I expected them to deal mortal wounds on nat 6's. Maybe I should be asking though because given how prevalent it is in LRL I think it'd basically make chaos warriors worth their points easily. Lrl players also seem to insist its not op and they can deal mw at 36 inches with no LOS while all their units are wizards. I don't think it would destabilize the game if chaos warriors could "rend flesh and crush bone in a single blow" with their "wicked blades or crushing maces"

Edited by MrRipper707
  • Like 2

This isn't the first, or will it be the last, time this very discussion has taken place in these forums.

@MrRipper707 you're just beating a dead horse at thia point. A lot of people agree the army doesn't feel like the fluff and several valid points have already been made that seem to be ignored.

The marauders abilities should be moved to warriors/knights. This fixes a lot of the verisimilitude issues when it comes to who has made it further on their path to glory.

Other factions i.e. Khorne, as well as many others have this very same problem where the lore doesn't match gameplay. This is not so ez to fix as it could throw the entire balance of game out and can really only be addressed a bit here and there at a time, if that is even GWs goal. Its well known that some rules are really cool but make for bad game experience while other rules don't feel as thematic but make for better balance, a lot like the recent battalion changes.

Lastly, warriors and knights are not unstoppable killing machines, this seems to ne a head cannon issue more than game cannon. In gameplay they are fighting undead creatures, rampaging monsters, and gods. To me it makes sense where they fit into the meta, they can hold their own vs otherworldly beings and not die as soon as something looks their way, thats gotta be worth something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Lastly, warriors and knights are not unstoppable killing machines, this seems to ne a head cannon issue more than game cannon. In gameplay they are fighting undead creatures, rampaging monsters, and gods. To me it makes sense where they fit into the meta, they can hold their own vs otherworldly beings and not die as soon as something looks their way, thats gotta be worth something.

Perhaps so. Im not advocating they become crazy though but I can't deny i am certainly venting my frustration a bit. I definitely don't think they should be the ultimate unit. But It just hurts them languish in mediocrity 😭. Ill admit what they are is worth something but its no less than they deserve either.

19 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

According to the lore they are