Open, Narrative and Matched play coming soon.

Straight from the source! Open (AoS as it is now), Narrative (campaign-oriented) and Matched (tourny-style). Seems like the Heelanhammer and Facehammer boys have been involved as well!

Picture and text quoted directly from GW's AoS facebook page.

That’s right, guys. As of this summer, you’ll have your pick of 3 great ways to play Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We couldn’t be more excited, and we’re certain you’ll love it too.

We’ll have more details for you soon. For now:

Open Play is probably the most similar to the way you play now, but there are new rules on the way to give you even more freedom, including the option for huge multi-player battles.

Narrative Play is as you’d expect – recreating the great stories and epic encounters from the Age of Sigmar. To help you forge your own stories within the Mortal Realms, there are also some really cool campaign rules and tools on the way as well.

Finally, Matched Play is something we know a lot of you have been keen to see. We’ve put these rules together in association with some of the world’s biggest tournament organisers, to create a new standard for balanced competitive play. And yes, it includes points values.

Okay Internet, go nuts

ti52UJD.jpg

The GW Post got about 1000 likes in less than an hour!  All sounds like a great move by GW, giving all types of players an option to play their own way.  For me the Campaign/multiplayer is the one that interests me the mosts.  Points system of some type is a good move, and will definately encourage a lot more people to play I think, but the real background/narritive style is what I am enjoying now.

This is going to be A-Maze-Ing. 

Not just points but the whole thing  

myself, Dan and Wayne from Heelanhammer and Russ from Facehammer we invited in for the day of playtesting and given permission to release some joint episodes to talk about our experiences  

first one is out this week and it's fantastic! 

This is fantastic news - campaigns, competitive system with points, multiplayer games - all of it! Seems to be something for everyone here :D

Thanks to all involved with helping shape the competitive system! Looking forward to the podcast, it's bound to be one of the most listened to in Warhammer history.

Cheers,
Gareth

I can't wait until our episode is released!!! Myself, Dan, Wayne and Russ recorded together and its going out on all 3 shows. 

I've listened back to it a few times now and it is an excellent show. I'm so happy to be a part of it.  

This is great news. Im planning to run a tournament in July in Sweden and I have two questions perhaps you inisiders can answer (if allowed). 

1. Will the rules be out by then? 
  2. Will rules be written for any size of games or will it be balanced at 150, play 100?

Archived