Chocking Mists: why is no one talk about it?

Magnus The Blue

Not sure why no-one is talking about this.  It may be hard to cast (7) but feels to me like a big deal.  Such a powerful debuff (-1 attacks and no running) with good range (18" + 6") and big areas of effect (12" diameter circle and everything touched in effected).  So crippling a large chunk of the enemy armour from across the board.  What's not to love?

I think that's because the whole Lore of the Swamp is awesome, but all spells have the same handicap: CV7 (sneaky Miasma has a CV6) without any artifact, trait, subfaction, etc.. with any bonus to cast it. In other words, you can't rely on this spell for your tactic, instead, it's a really nice and powerful bonus to have.

There are some bonus here and there (the big rock from forgeworld...), Big Waaagh points... but that's another thing.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I think that's because the whole Lore of the Swamp is awesome, but all spells have the same handicap: CV7 (sneaky Miasma has a CV6) without any artifact, trait, subfaction, etc.. with any bonus to cast it. In other words, you can't rely on this spell for your tactic, instead, it's a really nice and powerful bonus to have.

There are some bonus here and there (the big rock from forgeworld...), Big Waaagh points... but that's another thing.

I agree. If all your spells have only a ~60% chance to succeed even before unbinds, they're not something to build a strategy around. Instead, they need to be viewed as a random bonus that you get maybe once per game and that gives you an extra push to help pull off your real stategy.