Need some Orruk warclans 3.0 list inspiration

Gitzdee

Please help me so i can focus on building a fun army for this edition. It doesnt need to be competitive, just a legal list thats not complete trash is fine. What would be the best thing to do with these models with the new rules? To be honest i dont really know where to go from here. What would u add to these models? I am thinking about adding a unit of Brutes because i think they look awesome. So that will probably put me in the big waaaghhh corner. 

These are the models i own currently. I could also ally in almost any gloomspite gitz model.

Leaders:
1x Godrakk/ Boss on MK (needs to be included)
1x Wurrgog Prophet
1x Savage Big Boss

Units:
20x Savage Orruks with 1 or 2 units of Big Stabbas or 30x Savage Orruks. I was about to remodel these anyway so they can be any kind of Savage Orruk.

Thanks!

Edited by Iksdee

• Gitzdee changed the title to Need some Orruk warclans 3.0 list inspiration
1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

What would be the best thing to do with these models with the new rules? To be honest i dont really know where to go from here. What would u add to these models?
Please help me so i can focus on building a fun army for this edition. Dont need to be competitive, just a legal list thats not complete trash is fine.
I am thinking about adding a unit of Brutes because i think they look awesome.

These are the models i own currently. I could also ally in almost any gloomspite gitz model.

Leaders:
1x Godrakk/ Boss on MK (needs to be included)
1x Wurrgog Prophet
1x Savage Big Boss

Units:
20x Savage Orruks with 1 or 2 units of Big Stabbas or 30x Savage Orruks. I was about to remodel these anyway so they can be any kind of Savage Orruk.

Thanks!

I'd say all the kruleboyz stuff is solid atm. For ironjawz 10 Brutes with the -2 rend option and a warchanter will be your starting point, the warchanter is 100% whatever you do for the +2 Waaagh points.

Gordrakk is actually really solid in big Waaagh atm due to his CA multiplier being usable on destruction not just IJ.

I'd always recommend a wardokk to go with your wurrgog, it's a combo I absolutely love and have used extensively since the first warclans book dropped. It only got cheaper now which is awesome.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (170?) - General
Wardokk (85?)
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (560)
Orruk Warchanter (115)
Total: 930 / 2000

That gives you ~1100 points to fill out how you want. Your battleline options are gutripperz, savage orruks, orruk ardboys and orruk brutes.

Ardboys would be your "I want to spend as few points on battleline as possible."

A unit of 10 Brutes at 320 is scary as hell atm with a warchanter buff.

Savage orruks would be your hard to shift huge blocks.

Gutripperz are the slightly more expensive/threatening and less tanky large block.

I would probably recommend a start collecting ironjawz, that gives you the warchanter and 10 (5+5) ardboys which combined with your savage orruks is the battleline sorted and you get 3ggs aswell.

After that it's whatever you fancy

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I'd say all the kruleboyz stuff is solid atm. For ironjawz 10 Brutes with the -2 rend option and a warchanter will be your starting point, the warchanter is 100% whatever you do for the +2 Waaagh points.

Gordrakk is actually really solid in big Waaagh atm due to his CA multiplier being usable on destruction not just IJ.

I'd always recommend a wardokk to go with your wurrgog, it's a combo I absolutely love and have used extensively since the first warclans book dropped. It only got cheaper now which is awesome.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (170?) - General
Wardokk (85?)
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (560)
Orruk Warchanter (115)
Total: 930 / 2000

That gives you ~1100 points to fill out how you want. Your battleline options are gutripperz, savage orruks, orruk ardboys and orruk brutes.

Ardboys would be your "I want to spend as few points on battleline as possible."

A unit of 10 Brutes at 320 is scary as hell atm with a warchanter buff.

Savage orruks would be your hard to shift huge blocks.

Gutripperz are the slightly more expensive/threatening and less tanky large block.

I would probably recommend a start collecting ironjawz, that gives you the warchanter and 10 (5+5) ardboys which combined with your savage orruks is the battleline sorted and you get 3ggs aswell.

After that it's whatever you fancy

Thanks that is really usefull. What would u do with the weapon option of the 10 brutes? If i can i want to dodge buying older ork models, just because i already own these since fantasy and could really use something new and shiny for the army. How would u rate the undergrounds warband options?

Edit: Also would anyone mind if i use the old ork warboss bsb as a warchanter? Dont know the size difference to be honest.

Edited by Iksdee

47 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Thanks that is really usefull. What would u do with the weapon option of the 10 brutes? If i can i want to dodge buying older ork models, just because i already own these since fantasy and could really use something new and shiny for the army. How would u rate the undergrounds warband options?

Edit: Also would anyone mind if i use the old ork warboss bsb as a warchanter? Dont know the size difference to be honest.

Brutes would be the 2 handed hakka version. The 2" reach means they can fight in 2 ranks and the hakka just got bumped to -2 rend!

Any pure IJ list atm is going to be comprised of lots of goregruntas (if bloodtoof) or a solid core of brutes supported by a couple small ardboy units.

As to the WC proxy, I have no idea would depend on local clubs or the tournament you are attending. Always ask first.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

Wouldnt i be to slow with a footslogging list + Gordrakk? 

What do u all think about 30 savage orruks + marshcrawla for a +1 to hit + gordrakk + 2x 5 brutes?
Maybe add a some kind of hammer, a mirebrute maybe, or would i need something else like a killbow or 2?

Edited by Iksdee