AoS 3.0 Kruleboyz Community FAQ

JanGret

Hello everyone,

I've seen quite a lot of confussion regarding the Kruleboyz and started to create FAQ more for myself and my playgroup, but thought I would share it here. I will try to keep this updated for a while.

Venom-Encrusted Weapons:

Q: If I have a unit buffed by a Swampcalla Shaman’s poison and a Sluderaker Venom and role a 5 on a hit roll. Do I deal 1 more damage on the mortal wound?

A: No. As stated in the designer note the Sluderaker Venom only works on an unmodified 6.

Q: Do attacks made by companions like for example the Stab-Grot of the “Killaboss with Stab-Grot” or the Pot-Grot of the “Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-Grot” deal mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 with the “Venom-Encrusted Weapons” allegiance ability?

A: No, companions don’t benefit from “Venom-Encrusted Weapons”. VEW states that it has no effect on attacks made by a mount unless stated otherwise. Core rules “22.3.1 Mounts, Companions and Crew” state “For rules purposes, companions and crew are treated in the same manner as mounts”.

Q: Do melee attacks made by the “Beast-Skewer Killbow” companions deal mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 with the “Venom-Encrusted Weapons” allegiance ability?

A: No, companions don’t benefit from “Venom-Encrusted Weapons”. VEW states that it has no effect on attacks made by a mount unless stated otherwise. Core rules “22.3.1 Mounts, Companions and Crew” state “For rules purposes, companions and crew are treated in the same manner as mounts”.,

List-Building:

Q: Can I use an Ironjawz or Bonesplitters unit in my Kruleboyz army?

A: No. On page 80 it is clearly stated that “If you choose a Kruleboyz army, all Orruk Warclans units in the army have to have the Kruleboyz keyword.”

Q: The “Marshcrawla Sloggoth” does not have the Kruleboyz keyword. Does that mean you can not include it into a Kruleboyz army?

A: Currently you can not include him due to the missing keyword. It will very likely be changed in an errata. Therefore, at the moment you can only include it in Big Waaagh! Armies.

Q: Can I include a "Rogue Idol" in my Kruleboyz army

A: Yes. The warscroll for the Rogue Idol has been updated to include the "Kruleboyz" keyword (see: Compendium: Monstrous Arcanum on Warhammer Community FAQ). It however won't benefit from "Venom-Encrusted Weapons", as it does not have the "Orruk" keyword.

Q: When playing a "Big Waaagh!" army, can I access subfactions like Big Yeller?

A: No. The only thing you keep from Kruleboyz is "Venom-Encrusted Weapons", all other Kruleboyz specific things are gone

Edited by JanGret
  • Like 3