2000 Slaanesh Tzeentch list help

Carlsaganjrjr

Never played Warhammer. Headed to the Michigan GT in less than a month. Need help creating a list.

Below I pasted my current draft (considering dropping Kairos for a War Mammoth)..

Looking for tweaks, changes or a total revamping of the list. Anything helps!!

Leaders
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Ogroid Thamaturge (160)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal
The Masque Of Slaanesh (80)
Kairos Fateweaver (300)

Units
Hellstriders Of Slaanesh x 20 (400)
- Hellscourge & Shield
Hellstriders Of Slaanesh x 5 (100)
- Hellscourge & Shield
Daemonettes Of Slaanesh x 10 (120)
Fiends Of Slaanesh x 3 (180)

Total: 1980/2000

Thoughts...Lord will inspire and command hellstriders to double attack each turn. Icon of excess will +1 number of attacks each turn. Sorcerer gives reroll of 1s (hits, wounds, saves) to striders and someone else mystic shields them. 

Fiends and 10 Daemonettes wander off with 5 hellstriders for the -1 to hit buff and the other 20 Daemonettes protect the frail casters. 

Im definitely considering breaking them up for more buff redundancy and mobility. 

The downside is the icon of excess shines with a large unit, so broken up there wouldn't be a blender/tank unit in the list..

Any thought on what to do with 100-200 points if I split them into 3 or 4 units of 5 and dropped the rest?? Or if I dropped a caster and had 300+ points to play with?

Good to hear you'll be joining us at the GT! I fielded a pair of war mamoths at Holy Wars in February, they're fun but I don't think it's worth 320. As mentioned above either a keeper or kairos is the better route in my opinion.

Also going with a 10 and a 15 of hell strikers seems like a better plan to me. that way if your big unit gets nuked you're not AOL.

My only other concern is your lack of ranged threat outside of magic

11 hours ago, Carlsaganjrjr said:

Thoughts...Lord will inspire and command hellstriders to double attack each turn. Icon of excess will +1 number of attacks each turn. Sorcerer gives reroll of 1s (hits, wounds, saves) to striders and someone else mystic shields them. 

Fiends and 10 Daemonettes wander off with 5 hellstriders for the -1 to hit buff and the other 20 Daemonettes protect the frail casters. 

I really like what you're doing with Hellstriders. I've been sitting around trying to make a Slaanesh host list out of my 30 daemonettes, a daemon prince and two units of seekers.

On paper a big daemonette unit look incredible, I wish the hellstriders were core for hosts of slaanesh.

59 minutes ago, Maddok said:

My only other concern is your lack of ranged threat outside of magic

While I would gnerally agree with that sentiment, it is a Slaanesh list. Most of these units will probably be in combat by the second turn (if used correctly).

However, if you can free up 340 points, you could throw in a Skull Cannon and a flying Slaanesh Daemon Prince (against which assassins are useless), or for 20 points more a unit of Flamers instead of the Skull Cannon. Flamers will probably put out more damage than the khannon, and are flying so terrain wont be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Maddok said:

Good to hear you'll be joining us at the GT!

Glad to be joining!! Cool to hear from someone that'll be going!

Mammoth is highly costed, good to know. It seems like it has a good potential for lots of mortal wounds, but wasn't sure how that would translated outside of theoryhammer.

Love the forgeworld keeper model, but its stats seem pretty blah next to Kairos.

Unless the keeper was general and commanded 6 fiends to double attack. You think that would be same level of putting all the eggs in one basket?? (Clearly I'm a little obsessed with maximizing that double attack)..

46 minutes ago, james.speller said:

I really like what you're doing with Hellstriders. I've been sitting around trying to make a Slaanesh host list out of my 30 daemonettes, a daemon prince and two units of seekers.

On paper a big daemonette unit look incredible, I wish the hellstriders were core for hosts of slaanesh.

Thanks man, I thought it seemed like a little blender unit. They'd be soooo dirty as battleline. 

Block of Daemonettes do look dirty for sure, the only bummer is that 1" range that'll limit their attack output. 

Clearly I'm biased but I'd use one of those seeker units as hellstriders and get that minus 1 to hit buff. Keep that block of Daemonettes alive a little longer. 

42 minutes ago, KhaosZand3r said:

you could throw in a Skull Cannon and a flying Slaanesh Daemon Prince (against which assassins are useless), or for 20 points more a unit of Flamers instead of the Skull Cannon.

Was looking at flamers last night. They seem dirty. Especially if you target multiple units. 

Dameon Prince has been in and out of this list. He's worth the points in your opinion? If so do I mark it slaanesh for the "always strike first" ability or as tzeentch for yet another caster??

Any other ranged options?? If not flamers will be scorching at the GT. 

The Keeper of Secrets is no way worth the 280 points in GHB. S/He's a little better than a Daemon Prince who's 160(?) points.  She has a really good Command Ability, but sadly you're stuff is so easily killed that you will rarely get to use it. This is coming from many games I've played with Slaanesh Daemons in AoS (See blog in signature). I'm hoping the points are for the new Keeper that we here rumours about.... but I'm clutching at straws :) 

I will say the Soul Grinder is an excellent choice. Very Tough and very killy in combat, with a little shooting in the mix (Can run and shoot, which is very nice)

-----

FYI @Carlsaganjrjr: You can multi Quote by clicking the plus button next to the Quote link, then adding them to your reply by clicking the link that shows on the right of the screen :)  

2 hours ago, Bowlzee said:

I'm hoping the points are for the new Keeper that we here rumours about

This would be wondeful. I little Slaanesh release would be very welcomed. 

Soul Grinder is an excellent choice

Good to know. Hadn't really given it much of a look cause the model is so mechanical...I'll look for an alt model and definitely consider it. 

FYI @Carlsaganjrjr: You can multi Quote

As grandma says...you learn something new everyday...Thanks!

1 hour ago, Carlsaganjrjr said:

Good to know. Hadn't really given it much of a look cause the model is so mechanical...I'll look for an alt model and definitely consider it. 

You could take the Arachnarok  model, and add the Soul Grinder body.... With a little Greenstuff it could look great., much like this. This does of course, depend on your hobby skill, but something I've thought about doing for some time :) 

FYI, this is a great alternative Keeper of Secrets:

mrm_blg_bnb_mon_033_000_01_large.png

By Mierce Miniatures

2 hours ago, KhaosZand3r said:

Well given the rest of your list, a Keeper or Slaanesh Daemon Prince would also allow you to use the Daemon Cohort of Slaanesh battalion.

I've been considering that battalion. You think it would be worth taking? If so what would you drop from this list to make it work?

Total: 2160/2000

Leaders
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal
Ogroid Thamaturge (160)
Kairos Fateweaver (300)
Daemon Prince (160)
- Flying with Sword
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)
Units
- Hellscourge & Shield
- Hellscourge & Shield
- Claw spear & Shield
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Batallions
Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)

Open to swaps as well as drops (Potentially a unit of Daemonettes for marauders for 60 extra points)..

7 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

You could take the Arachnarok  model, and add the Soul Grinder body....

I like that idea a lot, once I get some experience with greenstuff that may just be a project.

Also love both versions of the Mierce "keeper of secrets"!  Somewhat accidentally own both versions of her..

Unfortunately the battalion requires the 3 units of Daemonettes. Not sure how good the Ogroid Thamaturge is, or how he fits into your strategy. Also unfortunately my friend has my General's Handbook, so I can't compare points for alternatives. So, basically, all I can say at the moment is see if anything in the list doesn't synergize/combo with the rest of it, or doesn't fill in a weakness the rest has, and look to swap or drop it.

Will post a new topic later today asking folks to vote between two lists to decide which one I'll be taking to the GT. 

Any thoughts or tweaks before I post them? 

Leaders
Lord Of Change (260)
Daemon Prince (160)
- Flying with Axe
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)
- General
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Units
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Hellstriders Of Slaanesh x 15 (300)
- Hellscourge & Shield
- Hellscourge & Shield
Batallions
Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)
Total: 2000/2000

or...

Leaders
Kairos Fateweaver (300)
Daemon Prince (160)
- General
- Flying with Axe
The Blue Scribes (120)
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Units
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 6 (400)
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
- Hellscourge & Shield
- Hellscourge & Shield
Total: 2000/2000

Considering dropping the pink horrors and the Masque for a Herald of slaanesh and 3 dragon ogres..

On 9/7/2016 at 9:46 AM, Carlsaganjrjr said:

Glad to be joining!! Cool to hear from someone that'll be going!

Mammoth is highly costed, good to know. It seems like it has a good potential for lots of mortal wounds, but wasn't sure how that would translated outside of theoryhammer.

Love the forgeworld keeper model, but its stats seem pretty blah next to Kairos.

Unless the keeper was general and commanded 6 fiends to double attack. You think that would be same level of putting all the eggs in one basket?? (Clearly I'm a little obsessed with maximizing that double attack)..

The mammoth does put out a good number of mortal wounds, but its tough to predict. What its guaranteed to do is get in your opponent's head. Normally at least. A lot of the local meta knows my mammoth shenanigans, so they know the counters. I was using Sayl the Faithless to make them fly 18 inches and charge turn 1 : )

6 fiends double attacking sounds like a LOT of fun, but there is a lot in that one basket. Would you still have a big 20 man cav unit too if you went that route? I understand maxing the double attack, just gotta make sure you dont get wiped before getting to use it!

On 9/7/2016 at 10:09 AM, Carlsaganjrjr said:

Was looking at flamers last night. They seem dirty. Especially if you target multiple units. 

Dameon Prince has been in and out of this list. He's worth the points in your opinion? If so do I mark it slaanesh for the "always strike first" ability or as tzeentch for yet another caster??

Any other ranged options?? If not flamers will be scorching at the GT. 

Flamers are wonderful, just wonderful. So wonderful that I took 18 to the MI GT last year...I may have a bit of a problem. That said, in the GH they're much more fairly costed. 200 for 6 may even be a bit rich. The best move is to keep them in a 200 point summoning pool, summon them turn 1 18 inches forward so they can nail a hero that absolutely must go

1 hour ago, Maddok said:

A lot of the local meta knows my mammoth shenanigans, so they know the counters. I was using Sayl the Faithless to make them fly 18 inches and charge turn 1 : )

That's so dirty. Recently acquired Sayl, will have to try that out. 

Moved away from the eggs in one basket approach. Taking 0-3 fiends and 5-15 hellstriders depending on which list gets picked. Will use the Slaaneshy stuff mainly to slow the advancement down so the casters and flamers and burn hotter and longer. 

18 flamers is bananas, so much sadness for your opponents.

Thanks for the summoning tip. Hadn't even considered using them like that. If the Kairos list gets picked he should have much difficulty hitting that 11 to bring in all 6 with 1 spell. 

Archived