Beastsnagga 40K conversion to AOS

Gothmaug

So with the new Beastsnagga boys and Beastboss going up for preorder this comming weekend, I see some great models for conversion. Thier aesthetic matches my existing bonesplitters/ironjawz force better than the Kruelboyz, so any thoughts as to good conversion uses?

Tempted to use them all as old greenskinz, but with the lack of future support for that faction, I guess ill stick to ironjawz/bonesplitters/kruelboyz

The Beastboss can work as is as a Megaboss, but it would make a fantastic replacement for a bonesplitters big boss. OR I'm going to stick him on top of a mawcrusha. 

image.png.4167f917a5157d91a6bf396d85bc7986.png

The beastnsagga boys could easily be converted to wielding dual weapons, and make really solid Bonesplitterz, I'm thinking morboyz. They could also make some more savage-looking brutes for a mixed Ironjawz/bonesplitterz big waagh. 

image.png.2801f3e842a71699ba3e079ee3c0dea5.png

Lastly it would take a bit more work and some putty scultping to replace the mechanical parts, but the Orks on Squigs would make fun GoreGrunta proxies. I'm tempted to use the leader as a mounted Orruk warboss. 

image.png.8412705b9783267241302fb79f00b250.png

Im also tempted to convert the entire line into Kruelboys proxies. Because nothing screams KILLABOSS ON GREAT GNASHTOOTH, like this guy. I wonder how big he is, might make a fun proxy for a mawcrusha (though I bet its too small)

image.png.6ba4725a114fa8e3f436fcb9b8a5a268.png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think it is a good idea to use these Beast Snagga, the only thing I am wondering is about the height of the beast snagga boys next to an orruk brute.

Because if they are almost the same, its easy to mix the two kit to create some variety in our ranks.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I picked up the nob on smasha squig from ebay and found him easy to de-40k as he comes with a non-mechanical leg to replace the bionic leg. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the great white squig has that option, but I'm already wondering how the head from that compares to the mawkrusha's head...

Thinking about the bionics on them, AoS does have more scope than WHFB in terms of that sort of thing. It could easily be a warclan of orruks from Chamon that were experimented on by Furnace Kings or some other sinister engineers 

I'll be looking over the sprue pictures once they go up for pre-order to see what will be worth picking up, but could easily see myself picking up a few of the kits to mash up with all the spares I have left over from building my existing orruks. 

• Like 1

I pre ordered myself a box of 10 beastsnagga boys to convert into Ardboys 3.0 and a beastboss to convert into Mega(beast) boss.

i have so many bits from ardboys/brutes sprues to use for this purpose.

Ork squigs are a nice variation for goregruntas !👍

Haha way ahead of you there, I picked up the Snagga box for some more Savage Orruk Brutes, here's the first 3 before I based them. Their arms scale perfectly with Savage Orruk ones, so source those for converting.

Edit: before I sold the Squig riders, I noted they're small compared to Gotegruntas. The Nob on Squig is about the same size and bulk of a Goregrunta though, considering you get 1 per box you could easily source a load for a whole unit of Squig riding goregruntas.

20210814_200950.jpg

20210825_123205.jpg

20210814_200933.jpg

20210814_200853.jpg

20210814_200919.jpg

20210815_005955.jpg

Edited by PainfullyMediocre
  • Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 4

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

Haha way ahead of you there, I picked up the Snagga box for some more Savage Orruk Brutes, here's the first 3 before I based them. Their arms scale perfectly with Savage Orruk ones, so source those for converting.

Edit: before I sold the Squig riders, I noted they're small compared to Gotegruntas. The Nob on Squig is about the same size and bulk of a Goregrunta though, considering you get 1 per box you could easily source a load for a whole unit of Squig riding goregruntas.

20210814_200950.jpg

20210825_123205.jpg

20210814_200933.jpg

20210814_200853.jpg

20210814_200919.jpg

20210815_005955.jpg

Love those!

I pre-ordered a box this morning and have some spare bonesplitter bits lying around somewhere so it's good to know they fit. 

• Subscriber

PXL_20210913_123952445.jpg.b827058ff45f0b3decf52a83a743eea2.jpg

Quickly stuck some bonesplitter weapons and shields on the beastsnagga boyz. With a few bits from a spare WHU warband. 

These were easy enough, the others in the kit have either a bionic leg or arm, so my next task is to find replacements for them. 

• Like 4

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

Those look really good, have you thought about using bones and bits of clubs for old fashioned peglegs for them?

Oh good call, I hadn't but will have a look over the bits. 

Especially once painted to match and thrown in with the rest of my ardboys (a mix of WHU and BB orcs) I think they'll fit in just fine. 

Thanks for sharing and really nice work! This is great inspiration. I've very sad about the state of my Bonesplitterz after the new book so I'm thinking about making a "Savage" Ironjaws army as well.

Made this as a mock up for Brute. I can make some improvements but I think it works! He's got a Seraphon shield on his back for more armor. I think A Savage IJ army will look great on the table and yours are awesome! 

20210912_144712.jpg.52838b09c6ec8648b171cae1c84ff542.jpg

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The Black Orcs from Blood Bowl also have quite a few good bits on them, if you use those for Ardboys or other orcs.

Shame that their gobbo's don't really have a warscroll in AoS, these are brilliant sculpts. Could maybe be Hobgrots.

Anyone got any conversions of the Thunder Valley greenskinz they care to share? Been meaning to pick some up for a converted Brute unit for a while, and the brute stats in  the new codex make them worthwhile to convert now. As for the extra gobbos, I'm sure you can use them for crew on another conversion. Im thinking of building another sloggoth conversion they would work great for. 

Current Works in progress. picture 1: Orruk Brutes with Jagged Gore hackas, Picture 2:  Brute Boss with Choppa, Brute with Gore-Choppa, and Orruk Warchanter with drum set. Need to finish painting, add some orkish tattoos, and I'll have a nice little unit of Fat Brutes for variety in my ironjawz. Not sure if the next brute squat will be thunder valley greenskinz or Beastsnagga boys. Leaning towards Thunder valley for the heavy armor and cool jaw helmets on those models. 

1271193359_brutes2.jpg.38656e301d1abe9488a9a26ddbb6711e.jpg399133021_brutes1.jpg.8624e4d7e0d52aaa2af75fe7daa3a167.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 4:34 AM, SunStorm said:

Thinking about the bionics on them, AoS does have more scope than WHFB in terms of that sort of thing. It could easily be a warclan of orruks from Chamon that were experimented on by Furnace Kings or some other sinister engineers 

The Chaos Dwarves did have the Black Orks didn't they?  That's got ancient fluff smeared all over it!  I also think next 'season' of AoS might be in Chamon.  Don't know why, just have a hunch, as it's a relatively unexplored region....and it would give a good reason to unleash the United Duardin army too.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

The Chaos Dwarves did have the Black Orks didn't they?  That's got ancient fluff smeared all over it!  I also think next 'season' of AoS might be in Chamon.  Don't know why, just have a hunch, as it's a relatively unexplored region....and it would give a good reason to unleash the United Duardin army too.

Yeah exactly. Old World fluff is that the Chaos Dwarves created the Black Orcs after experimenting on regular greenskins to make them less unruly, but it worked too well and the Black Orcs then organised and rebelled.  

Seeing as they also had bionics (like Astragoth's suit), it wouldn't take much in AoS for them to have bionics.

Someday Draigo will return to the grimdark galaxy recounting tails of fantastic Realms and glorious slayings of daemons and beasts, find Cypher and deliver his sword to the Golden Throne, and the Emperor will finally die and be reborn as Sigmar Exploded-from-inside-in-a-good-way, and the 2 games shall unite!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Great work on the squig riders!

Thank you! The funny thing is that even with the whole conversion effort it was quicker and easier to assemble and paint these guys then to deal with actual Gore-gruntas. I already have Mozrog waiting to become the Mawcrusha alternative, but this one may require an impressive base to make up for the size difference.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Thank you! The funny thing is that even with the whole conversion effort it was quicker and easier to assemble and paint these guys then to deal with actual Gore-gruntas. I already have Mozrog waiting to become the Mawcrusha alternative, but this one may require an impressive base to make up for the size difference.

I picked the Mozrog kit up to see what I can use it for. I have no interest in 40k, but the Beastsnaggas are such nice kits, I've got to find a way to mix them into my Ironjawz.

They make me wish that they'd bring back the more generic Greenskins in this style. 

8 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

They make me wish that they'd bring back the more generic Greenskins in this style. 

True. Back in the times of WHFB my friend fielded Orcs & Goblins and I've always associated them with variety - which was great. Ironjawz are really nice, but variety is sadly not the name of the game.