Starting DOK

Alpidur

Hi guys, I want to start a new army of Dok after my first Silvaneth army. I want to play Morathi because I love the models but I don’t know what model I need to buy after to complete the army. Any advice for starting DOK? List and something else?

Thank you so much!

Edited by Alpidur

• Alpidur changed the title to Starting DOK

Welcome to the fold! I have no advice to give since I haven’t had chances to play, but our range is small enough that you can’t really go wrong I think. Unless you just loved the doomfire warlock sculpts and bought 5 of those boxes 😂

We need @Chumphammer or one of the folks that play a lot to comment if you want to build something specifically competitive!

Edited by Ggom
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I've had good fun with a snake heavy list. Played 8 AoS3 games so far and have a  5-3 track record(mostly been playing against different variations of Seraphon, 1 game against Nighthaunts and 1 against Fyreslayers) 

So far my list have looked like this Zainthar Kai

Morathi-Khaine
The Shadow Queen
Bloodwrack Shrine - General
Melusai Ironscale 

10xBlood Sisters
10xBlood Sisters
10xBlood Stalkers

Either 9xKhainite Shadowstalkers or Bloodwrack Viper

I'm going to try a Khailebron next game as I can see a lot of movement in that, especially with Mirror Dance and Shadowstalkers. 

There's a lot of options, I want to try out lists with more bodies too. Sisters of Slaughter should be really good too or Lifetakers 

• LOVE IT! 1

DOK is an expensive army despite having a limited roaster. Snake list is cheaper than witch elf list.

Shadow and pain box is good if you can sell/ trade the slannesh part and is interested in snake.

start collecting box is also good as it gives you almost all the heroes you need.

Gaming wise, in AOS3, unit has higher save than before because of the new command ability so mortal wound is more important than before. The most consistent mw output in dok list would be the shooting snake unit, which combo really well with morathi’s command ability  which let them shoot in hero phase.

Edited by KK in HK
Add more content
  • LOVE IT! 1

Oh Hi, 

DOK atm  are in a good place

Morathi-Khaine with medusa/ironscale and 15 stalkers then whatever else you really want is the "net list" atm but can easily lose if not played right

If not going Morathi you want a cauldron of blood as the +1AS bubble is great

I go more independent than Morathi and you can check my lists in the Hagg Nar list section

We have a ton of good options and builds tbh. I would suggest checking out some youtube videos of games being played and see what units you like the look of and if how they play interests you

other advice is look around fb and other sale places for a tasty deal. You can often pick up some dok stuff pretty cheap as some people get daunted by how much skin you have to paint lol. as stated above it isnt a cheap army to get into

I know this isn’t my thread, but wanted to ask - is it useful to have 2 Cauldrons of Blood, or is that not worth the points? Also, is it justifiable from a gaming standpoint to run Sorceresses and Kharbydi or Hydra or Black Dragon? I like the models and since I don’t enjoy Morathi for theme reasons I’d like to have some sort of big monster to... look cool. 

45 minutes ago, Ggom said:

I know this isn’t my thread, but wanted to ask - is it useful to have 2 Cauldrons of Blood, or is that not worth the points? Also, is it justifiable from a gaming standpoint to run Sorceresses and Kharbydi or Hydra or Black Dragon? I like the models and since I don’t enjoy Morathi for theme reasons I’d like to have some sort of big monster to... look cool. 

I mean you could run them np. I choose not to as tbh an avatar of khaine is 135 and is so much better than hydra/kryb and gets the faction buffs. 

You can take the other things its just they don't get all the dok juicy bonuses. Wish we had a monster other than Morathi-Khaine.

Ive run two cauldrons and can work fine. 2 bit things and increases your buddle, plus is one gets targeted you still get your buff. Avatars really help in combat too. I ran 2 for a while but switched to a bloodwrack shrine

Thank you guy! I love alla the models of the DOK so for me it’s difficult try to select only one list to run. I want to start with the start collecting, what do you think? Probably it’s the best option that I have to start this army, than I can take shadow and pain (probably 3 half part) and Morathi. I like the which list a lot but is not cheaper at all buy a lot of which despite the model looks greet and also the rules. 

I think the list proposed by @FleetAdmiral seems to be a good starting point for you, based on what you wrote here.

1. It includes Morathi.
  2. It includes a solid core of usable units and heroes.
  3. The start collecting box and Shadow & Pain build nicely into it, giving you some additional Khinerai.
  4. It includes some Blood Stalkers so you can easily go up to 15, if you ever decide to go full Morathi-Stalker combo (but expect this to be nerved come next GHB).
  5. It can pontentially be played with different temples (Hagg Nar, Zainthar Kai, Khailebron, Khelt Nar).
  6. You can easily adapt it to your needs and likings. For example, you could exange the Ironscale for a priest to get access to prayers (e.g. Hag Queen on foot, which comes with the start collecting box, if you build a Bloodwrack Shrine) or you could swap a unit of Bloodsisters for 20 Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter if you want to field some of those.

As has been said before, most of our units are in a good place at the moment, so there is a lot of variation in playable lists. If you need more inspiration on possible list compositions just look at our temple threads, which for example feature @Chumphammer's creations, or check online ressources like The Honest Wargamer, tournament results or battle reports. Regarding battle reports, of the top of my head Season of War and Wargamer Online do have some 3rd edition battle reports featuring the daughters.

• LOVE IT! 2