New FAQ Discussion Thread (27.08)

Charleston

5 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Think they handled the Horrors of Tzeentch warscroll very well, it's clear & concise. 

They almost did.

Because when you kill a horror it doesn’t count as slain. Therefore, you can’t continue to allocate wounds to the unit.

image.png.877375dfac789159b9635bee1511f446.png

Look GW how many goes do you need to make horrors work? Just bin them and be done with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

They almost did.

Because when you kill a horror it doesn’t count as slain. Therefore, you can’t continue to allocate wounds to the unit.

image.png.877375dfac789159b9635bee1511f446.png

Look GW how many goes do you need to make horrors work? Just bin them and be done with it. 

Yes this is silly but so obviously not intended does it really matter? I don't think anyone going forward is going to argue "Well technically I can't allocate wounds to this unit so it can never die". The intention couldn't be clearer. 

• Like 3

Archaon got nerfed to the GROUND:

Page 88 – Archaon, The Eye of Sheerian Change the rule to: ‘Once per battle, at the start of your hero phase, you can say that Archaon will use the Eye of Sheerian. If you do so, subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target this unit until your next hero phase.’

This was reroll 6s to hit against him before... Lumineth sentinels rejoice...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Yes this is silly but so obviously not intended does it really matter? I don't think anyone going forward is going to argue "Well technically I can't allocate wounds to this unit so it can never die". The intention couldn't be clearer. 

You are obviously right and I don’t want to get sucked in to RAW vs RAI but the point is the rules are the rules and if we can’t agree on what’s written then where do we draw the line?

The fact that GW have again rewritten horrors and still managed to mess it up ought to be sufficient that this warscroll is just beyond them.

4 minutes ago, Emissary said:

Archaon is limited to Slaves to Darkness armies now.  Can't be in the 4 god specific armies anymore.

Some of the forgeworld models are back for matched play!

Archaon has a specific exclusion to join any Chaos army:

• Like 5

Bonereapers also got more back into the game, they can now receive and issue the same command multiple times. They can still only issue and receive 1 but at least you can now unstopppable advance multiple units and also shieldwall multiple mortek guard units if you wish, but no stacking with +attacks from the liege still or anything else. Might not "fix" them, but helps a bit. Arkhans multiple mystic shield shenanigans is gone though.

• Like 3

Just now, HollowHills said:

I got excited for this, but no he has the warmaster rule. 

That he lost the ability that forces rerolls of 6s to hit against him will be a HUGE deal in competitive lists, he suddenly takes full damage from all the exploding and MW 6s to hit abilities, which was a saving grace for his survivability.

Just now, PrimeElectrid said:

Why have they removed ward stacking, removed bodyguard from stacking wards, then reintroduced ward stacking again!

lol, probably the same reason why in the base rules finishing setting up first gives you priority in a tied priority roll in the first battle round and then it was changed right back to the person finishing setting up first gets priority in matched play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, AaronWilson said:

I am so confused at this actually means. 

Are you allowed to take one ward save to attempt to negate the wound and then one ward save to attempt to negate the wound once it's been allocated? Can you take multiples? 

It means only abilities that negate mortal wounds "before allocating a wound or mortal wound" count as a ward, and wards can be use alongside abilities that negate "when allocating a wound or mortal wound". 

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It means only abilities that negate mortal wounds "before allocating a wound or mortal wound" count as a ward, and wards can be use alongside abilities that negate "when allocating a wound or mortal wound". 

Okay.. so you can take one save to prevent the wound being allocated and then you can take all the saves which are taken once a wound is allocated?

Saves after saves that triggered "when you allocate" or "each time you allocate" were assumed by the community to be Ward Saves. It seems that's not the case. We talked a lot about that, so not a big surprise for me even if the answer doesn't fix the problem.

I assume that all of this dontwannabeWards are relics of 2.0 and 3.0 battletomes will remove all this stacking (or I hope so).

• Like 2