First Army

sylvan

Hi!

I want to create my first army. Right now i have the following models

10x Wildwood Rangers

1 Start collecting sylvaneth( Branchwych , Treelord and 16 driads)

1 Waystrider

Can i make a 1000 pt army with this models?

What i need to buy right now?I really love the Tree revenants and Drycha Hamadreth

Thank you!!

I assume you like the forest army theme. This is great, as right now alongside Stormcast Eternals (aka Sigmarines), forest armies are maybe the most outstanding and complete collection in AoS. 

Before you buy an army, you should know the following though:

-AoS has not one but two forest factions: Wanderers (aka Wood Elves, without treespirits stuff) and Sylvaneth (aka treespirits stuff). Wanderers are simply part of GA Order and have no faction rules so far. Sylvaneth have the most complete own rules that there are atm in AOS, but in order to use them, you need a 100% Sylvaneth army.

-You need to ask yourself then if you want an old style mixed wood elf + tree spirit army, in which case you will have only access to GA Order allegiance, or if you want a 100% Sylvaneth army. First option has more variety and you could put those wood elf models you have to good use. The second option has however very powerful allegiance abilities.

-A good option would be to try to come up with 1000 points of Sylvaneth + Wanderers stuff and then complete your collection with more Sylvaneth models, so you have the option of having both a GA Order army and a pure Sylvaneth one.

-From there, go with what you like the look of: 70 to 90% of the hobby is painting, so looks are extremely important. That being said, if you want powerful stuff, I would consider buying some Kurnoth Hunters and Alarielle. Also try to buy and paint at least two wildwoods. They are extremely important for your army, no matter what you decide. 

Thank you Turgol for your valuable advice!

For now i'll start with only treespirits.I'm starting to read the battletome and i have some questions:

1-warscroll battalion??What are they?And the WarGrove?

2-spirit of duthu counts as treelord?

I'll try the following list

1 Branchwych

1 Spirit of Durthu

2x10 Dryads

5 Tree revenants

Household Battalion

Gnarlroot Battalion

940/1000 pt

What kind of magic item i can buy for the heroes?

Thanks

Archived